Patrick Kluivert

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Patrick Kluvert, Dutch striker who played for Barcelona between 1998 and 2004.
z%2Bkluivert3.bmp

I know fans have mixed feelings about Pat, but talent-wise he's up there with Ronaldo and Romario as one of the most naturally gifted strikers of all time. While he never lived up to his ability and his love of the nightlife often overshadowed his career, he was consistently good for an unpredictable Barcelona and scored at least 15 goals a season every year until his last for the club. He is still the all time top scorer for the Dutch national team and unless Ruud finds the fountain of youth it's very likely he will stay that way for quite a while.

I bring Kluivert up because Casillas recently called him the most impressive player he ever played against. That's pretty damn impressive when you consider the fact that Casillas played against virtually everyone of note in the past decade.

Who is the best striker you’ve ever faced?
Kluivert has impressed me more than anyone else. We played a friendly at La Cartuja against the Netherlands after the Euro held in their country. We defeated them 2-1. It was Hasselbaink who scored, not Kluivert.

Last edited:

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Thats a bit strange considering his less than impressive record against Iker.

I love Kluivert. Two things stand for me: His heading technique, and his ability to land a fighter jet on his feet. I'll try to find an assist he gave to Saviola some years ago. The control was breathtaking.

V

Valon

Thats a bit strange considering his less than impressive record against Iker.

I love Kluivert. Two things stand for me: His heading technique, and his ability to land a fighter jet on his feet. I'll try to find an assist he gave to Saviola some years ago. The control was breathtaking.

This. I'm sure Meta was a big fan of him. :lol:

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
I was always a big fan of him, He was there when I started to like Barca and he was easily one of my favourite players.

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Finally I found it. I apologize for making you go through a Saviola compilation but fuck me, check out the pass on 1:07.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XPE6qMZjQHg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XPE6qMZjQHg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Wow, Meta was a Kluivert fan? How shocking. :p

And yes that assist to Saviola was downright filthy. Damn. Pat was everything you wanted in a striker at his best.

someone should have made this thread earlier
Yeah, but I'm proud I got to make it. He was the best CF when I became a fan after all.

Last edited:

El Mesías

Became a fan becuase of this legend. It was sad to see him at the twilights of his career sturggling in the carnival called Newcastle

Home of Barca Fans