Patrick Kluivert

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, he was shit for Barca. He doesn't deserve to be mentioned among the likes of Michels, Cruyff, Van Basten, Bergkamp, Nistelrooy, Gullit..
I thought he'd be so much more when we signed him.

E

estranged

I wasn't following Barca when I first started watching football, but I remember he was pretty good for Holland. Though I think he never lived up to expectations, I remember him for some epic misses and choke jobs as well as some great goals. In the years he was at Barca, Barca had problems all over, Reiziger etc. :lol:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think Reziger came out ok. He was a hard working full back. Bogarde was a disaster. Other Dutch signings were alright imo. Maybe Ronald de Boer was below par but he barely played. I'd even give Overmars a good grade but he was too expensive (40 mil.).
We just played a very risky game then under Van Gaal and we didn't defend as much as a team so the players were sometimes victims of the system.

Ironic thing is: among all those Dutch signings and millions spent, the best one turned out to be Cocu who had no hype and came on a free transfer.

French signings during that era were far worse than the Dutch btw. Dehu, Christanvaal, Dutruel, Dugarry, Petit. All were utter disasters.

Trickykid

I was at the Camp Nou when he scored what I believe was his debut goal for us, in a terrible 1-1 draw (or was it a 1-0?) against a mediocre opponent - Compostela, I think. That's always a pretty good analogy for what I thought of Kluivert; he scored the goals, but somehow it just wasn't enough, and more often than not, you were left expecting more from him.

Trickykid

Milan really unloaded their shit on you in Kluivert, Reziger and Bogarde!!

Nah, Kluivert was a good buy. He scored about a goal every two matches, and wasn't that expensive, as far as I recall. Bogarde and Reiziger are a whole different story though.

jlim632

I remeber EURO 2000 with Kluivert vs Yugoslavia. That was how good he was for holland. Is he holland all time record goal scorer?
As for Barca, he had one of the worst finishing ever. Could score really difficult goals but could hardly convert the easy ones

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Why do they always complain about the songs in the videos? Don't they understand that they choose songs from the time the players played for Barca?

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
Why do they always complain about the songs in the videos? Don't they understand that they choose songs from the time the players played for Barca?

Yes!! I also noticed it! :D I don't understand it either, I think it is pretty obvious IMO.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Watching/listening now and the 2 first songs are "Complicated" by Avril Lavigne and "Shut up" by the Black-Eyed Peas. Hardly poor songs, especially compared to much of what is made today.

Haven't heard the third (Brimful of Asha) that much but remember it too, and it too is far from bad.

4: Shakira, Whenever Wherever. Can't criticize that either.

But what's with the 5:th song? Never heard it before.

6:th song "just my imagination" by the Cranberries. Don't remember it really, but reminds me of a very similar song... Which was better too.

7: Crazy in love :worthy:

Last edited:

Galning

Tatu - all the things she said

If I remember correctly they were two Russian girls who had a one hit wonder. Mostly because they were lesbian (or bi?) :p

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Really surprised I haven't heard it, or maybe just not remembering it :p

Edit: but the music video is great :D

Home of Barca Fans