Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Yaya Touré

Votes: 53 82.8%
  • Javier Mascherano

Votes: 3 4.7%

• Total voters

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
taking out the agent view from all of this why would we change the DM that won us the trebble and of course had to play different positions in the CL for us to be successful, why would we trade that for a more expensive player in mascherano who is almost the same as every other player we have at barca in small and feisty. Toure is a physical beast and we need his presence on the pitch in terms of set pieces and overall aerial defending. I just pray that pep is biding his time to play him in the crunch CL games and in la liga later in the year because i like busquets he is not on yaya's level at the moment and his tendency towards stupidity could cost us a trophy in a crunch game

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
taking out the agent view from all of this why would we change the DM that won us the trebble and of course had to play different positions in the CL for us to be successful, why would we trade that for a more expensive player in mascherano who is almost the same as every other player we have at barca in small and feisty. Toure is a physical beast and we need his presence on the pitch in terms of set pieces and overall aerial defending. I just pray that pep is biding his time to play him in the crunch CL games and in la liga later in the year because i like busquets he is not on yaya's level at the moment and his tendency towards stupidity could cost us a trophy in a crunch game

why would we change the striker who helped us win the treble?

you can't sit still on success, it breeds arrogance and sloth which cause title droughts.

also, busquets IS on yaya's level at the moment. yaya hasn't been excellent at DM for us since april. since then he's either been at CB or has been an above-average DM, outshone by busquets who is going from strength to strength.

yaya has no excuses for his poor form, and thus no grounds for complaint. yet he has complained and, really, sealed his exit from fc barcelona. I hope his agent is happy.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
:lol: busquets is not on yaya's level, busquets has made countless mistakes this whole season while yaya has not.
and why dont we get rid of messi, xavi and ineista cause their presense breeds arrogance and sloth which cause title droughts. :)
it has yet to be seen if letting eto go was a mistake or not but to let yaya go in order to bring in another more expensive DM ahead of him along with letting our mistake prone youth team player ahead of him is just stupid

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
:lol: busquets is not on yaya's level, busquets has made countless mistakes this whole season while yaya has not.

it has yet to be seen if letting eto go was a mistake or not but to let yaya go in order to bring in another more expensive DM ahead of him along with letting our mistake prone youth team player ahead of him is just stupid

letting eto'o go was never in a million years a mistake. I can't believe that's still in question. even if we ignore the footballing side of things, samu needed to leave for the good of squad harmony and pep's mental stability.

regarding busquets: he's made a few mistakes, however he's also made several plays and contributed to our best performances of the season.

yaya has done neither.

badger is not simply a "more expensive DM", he's a better DM. I don't know if we're going to sign him, and while the height issue puzzles me, I can see why pep would want him as he is utterly fantastic at his job and has potential to actually play as well.

and why dont we get rid of messi, xavi and ineista cause their presense breeds arrogance and sloth which cause title droughts. :)

because they are cantera. barcelona through and through. they will always give 100% to the club and won't slack off even if we get lots of success. all they want is more for the club, especially xaviesta. there is no individualism in their play nor their attitude. plus, you don't have to change an entire team. just make enough changes so that you're always building on success.

yaya's presence is repeatedly becoming self-interested. this could be motivated by his agent, in fact I'm sure it is, but the end result is the same nonetheless. add to this yaya's dip in form and you have a situation where a player is demanding things from the coach (without even being in excellent form, which could at least give him cause for complaint). this is simply not on.

right now yaya doesn't DESERVE to start ahead of busquets. I don't care if he's supposedly "better" - he hasn't played better since april so it doesn't make a damn bit of difference really. ronaldinho is still a "better" player than most in the world, should we re-sign him based on reputation and past awesome alone?

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Ronnie got fat and played 2 full seasons with his form continually dropping before we decided to replace him. Yaya finished last season strongly playing the CL semi and final at CB for the good of the team. He's still capable of performing to that level consistently, as he would undoubtedly show if he was given the chances to play that Ronnie was.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
I don't know how to feel about this. Yaya is definately the better DM but Busquets is cantera and really loves the club. Yaya takes unnecessary cards when whining about clear referee decisions, but on the other hand Busquets makes some really dumb tackles sometimes. In Busquets' case it's fixable since it's a "technical" issue but for Yaya, it's who he is so it's not fixable.
I really like the idea of Busi Xavi Iniesta Fabregas midfield in some time. I think it would make the other team's midfield cry.
And if Guardiola wants to play Busquets, and Yaya isen't complaining himself about not getting any time, I don't see any fucking reason to cry about yaya not playing, I mean seriously, Pep is a very smart person and a great trainer. He sees things we don't see at practices etc, which means that if he plays Busi instead of Yaya, we should support Busi.
And under no circumstances should we waste money on Choke-erano.

T

Toni_te

For now YAYA...but in the future i believe that BUSQUETS will grow up and he will be on YAYA's level!

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
What you guys don't realize is that Pep is only preparing Basquets for the upcoming ACN month by giving him minutes and trust. You'll see him start less games once Yaya is available again.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
sergi is better all around player... but when yaya is on nothing gets by him so for me it could go either way

Home of Barca Fans