Xavi Hernández

Givenchy

would love to see him back here but now is not the time imo.. he needs to come along after a big clearout of the seniors and raise the new age Barca

khaled_a_d

Had a recent interview, very interesting as usual:

https://www.ara.cat/esports/Xavi-Hernandez-Barca-tornar-dominar_0_2312168823.html

Though some parts I don't like

Xavi, 39, is currently manager of Al-Sadd in Qatar. His side have won all three of their league fixtures this season, scoring 13 goals in the process and are in the semi-finals of the Asian Champions League.

“I don’t know if it will be a bridge to Barca,” he told Catalan newspaper Ara.

“The only thing that worries me now is doing well here, winning titles and making mistakes in some aspects to learn for the future.

“It wouldn’t be a problem [to manage former team-mates]. I know what Leo is like, and Luis [Suarez], Busquets, Jordi [Alba], [Gerard] Pique or Sergi [Roberto].

“I know how they train, their capacity for leadership, I can tell if they are sad or angry. I hope as a coach I could have three, five, eight or 10 players that I already knew and that I already had a good relationship with.

“[Messi] is a player who, if you convince him, he can even be a brilliant defender. He has physical and mental speed. He has everything. If you convince him to run, what will the others do? They will run twice as much.”

And this from google translate

How do you see the midfield of Barça?

Very powerful The other day I really liked Busquets, De Jong and Arthur. I also like Rakitic, Sergi Roberto, and at times Arturo Vidal, and Aleñá ... There are many options. I like Arthur so much because he does not lose balls and gives a lot of dynamics to the game. Maybe it's like me with 22 or 23 years old, who is missing last pass, but I'll end up doing it. Then, De Jong is amazing. He dominates everything, defense and attack, and when he starts it's like Rakitic. And Busquets is Busquets.

What do you see from Jong?

I see it from interior rather than pivot. Al Busi would not touch him. Leaving aside the friendship that I have, he alone dominates the game. The criterion he has is brutal. The vigilance he does, the second balls he recovers. It's a pass. He would not touch it much further than a rotation.

What is missing from the trio Busquets - Arthur-De Jong?

The team needs to be involved. I have a rule: if everyone works, there is no defensive problem. Last year, Busquets was criticized, that he did not arrive, and Rakitic, who was out. And it is a matter of defensive sacrifice. This year, if everyone runs the meters they have to race, this trio will dominate the game. But if the attackers do not work so much for the group, we will suffer. And we would suffer with three Davids, three Casemiros or three Makeleles. It would happen like the day of Liverpool, that you did not dominate the game.

This is why I don't want Xavi here currently.
May be 3-5 years from now, but currently we need someone who clean the squad from the old guard. He will still build the midfield around Busquets. And likely things would be too complicated for him to kick some of the older players out.

serghei

This is why I don't want Xavi here currently.
May be 3-5 years from now, but currently we need someone who clean the squad from the old guard. He will still build the midfield around Busquets. And likely things would be too complicated for him to kick some of the older players out.

I think he is very much spot on in everything he says, especially the part about attackers having to work more and not leave it down to the midfielders to do all the defending almost. That part is a big reason for our failures.

And he is right that Busi has been suffering the most post Pep because he was and still is mostly isolated at DM.

serghei

The bit about making Messi run more shows Xavi is unlikely to have authority and leadership problems. Leadership + knowledge + selfcritical attitude + social skills (patience, empathy, charisma etc) is the recipe for great success as a manager.

Media in Serbia announce him as manager:

3baj0p.jpg

Leo_Messi

I have zero doubt in my mind that Xavi would be a Rolls Royce managerial wise compared to our current Lada in Malmierda. Anyone who is even doubting that is not worth wasting your time with.

Xavi is spot on in that Ara interview as well.

serghei

I support Xavi as manager no matter what, 100%. I have faith in his football vision, and everything else can be built upon if there is that granite foundation.

This is the type of risk we need to take. Guardiolas, Xavis, men with vision and passion, and an ideal that they aspire and work hard to reach. Not the likes of fucking Valverde, who drain the joy out of watching football.

Last edited:

hulinat

This is the type of risk we need to take. Guardiolas, Xavis, men with vision and passion, and an ideal that they aspire and work hard to reach. Not the likes of fucking Valverde, who drain the joy out of watching football.

He could probably pass the ball into someones butthole a 100 meters away.

Raketa10

Xavi is not ready! Let him develop as a coach first. Bringing Xavi back now is the worst possible idea! We need this man for the future and if we bring him back now we'll destroy his coaching career. I hope he is smart enough not to accept this at the moment.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans