Xavi Hernandez

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I guess I need to improve my sarcasm :blush:

tumblr_inline_n72levH2U11spb1oc.gif

xavi_the_Boss

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Xavi's still got it. ❤❤<br> Xavi providing the assist for the goal in the 92nd minute that won Sadd the Emir Cup trophy. <a href="https://t.co/hMuBFgpbbE">pic.twitter.com/hMuBFgpbbE</a></p>— Jerome (@iiamcule) <a href="https://twitter.com/iiamcule/status/865646345129910272">19. Mai 2017</a></blockquote>[/tw]

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/syreh/uhfyxf" frameborder="0" width="40%" height="40%" allowfullscreen style="width: 40%; height: 40%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Xavi <3

GetIn

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/syreh/uhfyxf" frameborder="0" width="40%" height="40%" allowfullscreen style="width: 40%; height: 40%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Xavi <3

Meh, looks like a poor man's Gomes to me.

:coffee:

El Flaco

[tw]885121769413251075[/tw]

Quotes taken from BarcaSpiral, BarcaNewsForum about Xavi's interview with Mundo Deportivo

- “My intention is to stay another year in Qatar and then hang up my boots and spread my wings."

- "At 38, I have had a long enough career and therefore it’s the time for new challenges."

- "I want to be a manager, I don’t want to hide it. And obviously, sooner or later I want to be manager of FC Barcelona."

- "But first I have to learn and that’s not a one month, two month or three month process but takes years."

- "To coach FC Barcelona you have to be very, very well trained but, as I said, my dream is to sit on Barça’s bench as manager one day.”

- “For me, Marco Verratti would be the best signing for FC Barcelona. For me, he is a spectacular player."

- "I don’t know if Verratti is worth €70 million or €200 million, I’m only talking about football."

- "And currently Verratti is the central midfielder Barça should buy. He has Barça DNA."

- "Iniesta's contract renewal? “I understand Iniesta perfectly because when you get to 32 or 33 you have to start to think about future."

- "I think Iniesta will make a leap forward with Valverde. I see him at Barcelona for another year."

- "Iniesta is one of the best players in the history of Spain. Hopefully he can continue, because Barça need him."

- "I don’t know Valverde personally but I like how his teams play. I don’t know Valverde much but I do know José Antonio Pozanco."

- "I know [physical trainer] Pozanco very well and admire him. He’s fantastic. He’s someone I know very well from Barcelona."

- "I had him as a physical trainer with the first team and in the youth team and he’s brilliant."

- "And he’s telling me that Valverde is the best coach he’s known and worked with."

- "Therefore, my faith in Valverde is blind. I honestly think he’s the best manager that Barcelona could have got."

khaled_a_d

[tw]885394767340871680[/tw]

Xavi got a point from the club perspective, but tbh he isn't fair with those kids. Many of those are getting a financial offer that is hard to resist specially for their families who probably have more say in those kids decision.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I deleted my post yesterday, but Xavi seem to be okay with bringing back close friends of his.

As you can see, he tried to shy away from when questioned about Pique and Cesc whom he kept talking about when he was at Arsenal, Barca DNA, destined to play for Barca, deserves to play for a team like Barca etc.

Cesc left for the same reason Mboula and Eric Garcia left, but he was a friend of Xavi so I guess different rules apply then.

It's not that I disagree with Xavi, because it's a valid opinion. Paying a lot of money to bring back someone who left is a bitter pill to swallow, but I don't like the way he condemns certain players only. I'm only okay if a player comes back for cheap and is clearly a great player in a position we lack.

One of the players was btw a client of Puyol who advised him to leave. Bartomeu then went on to ask Puyol if he gained something from making him leave Barca for which Puyol got angry. This was covered in MD, Sport, RAC1 last week.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I deleted my post yesterday, but Xavi seem to be okay with bringing back close friends of his.

As you can see, he tried to shy away from when questioned about Pique and Cesc whom he kept talking about when he was at Arsenal, Barca DNA, destined to play for Barca, deserves to play for a team like Barca etc.

Cesc left for the same reason Mboula and Eric Garcia left, but he was a friend of Xavi so I guess different rules apply then.

It's not that I disagree with Xavi, because it's a valid opinion. Paying a lot of money to bring back someone who left is a bitter pill to swallow, but I don't like the way he condemns certain players only. I'm only okay if a player comes back for cheap and is clearly a great player in a position we lack.

One of the players was btw a client of Puyol who advised him to leave. Bartomeu then went on to ask Puyol if he gained something from making him leave Barca for which Puyol got angry. This was covered in MD, Sport, RAC1 last week.

tbf Xavi answer make it seem that he didn't agree with the Cesc & Pique thing but being within the club knowing coach and board wanted them and being their teammates he couldn't spoke about his opinion. I am not gonna hold him for that. May be he just changed his opinion too.

Home of Barca Fans