Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarcaOG

Banned
out of curiosity, how long does an ex-barca player have to 'wait' (or be retired) to qualify for the barca legends team? man, i would love to see the likes of xavi, henry, etoo and ronaldinho play in a barca legends match

JamDav1982

out of curiosity, how long does an ex-barca player have to 'wait' (or be retired) to qualify for the barca legends team? man, i would love to see the likes of xavi, henry, etoo and ronaldinho play in a barca legends match

Dont think there is anything official about ages etc. Not that important.

serghei

Xavi got a point from the club perspective, but tbh he isn't fair with those kids. Many of those are getting a financial offer that is hard to resist specially for their families who probably have more say in those kids decision.

Hard to resist? OK. Nobody said being a Barca players is easy. It's about being confident enough to resist those easy temptations because deep down you know you're great and you're gonna play for Barca some day. Like the Barca legends had.
[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION], Cesc and Pique made it no secret that they were still Blaugrana at their core. Cesc pushed really hard for a transfer from Arsenal with a more than fair fee, and Pique said as well at the time that when Barca wanted him back he was extatic.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Hard to resist? OK. Nobody said being a Barca players is easy. It's about being confident enough to resist those easy temptations because deep down you know you're great and you're gonna play for Barca some day. Like the Barca legends had.
[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION], Cesc and Pique made it no secret that they were still Blaugrana at their core. Cesc pushed really hard for a transfer from Arsenal with a more than fair fee, and Pique said as well at the time that when Barca wanted him back he was extatic.

At the age of 16 your parents most probably have a bigger say on where you are going to play than the player himself. If a parent is offered 1M guranteed for example for his kid, over a possibility of playing for Barca that may never come because of injury,what do you think they are gonna do? let's be realistic, if you can get a contract that can almost ensure you will be well endowed for the rest of life at the age of 16 you don't pass on it for something that may never happen. Massive respect for those who follows their dream but the others aren't mistaken from a player perspective. You have to respect both perspective tbh

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
And why does he not have those coaching qualifications? It's been 2 years and 3rd on it's way. He learned 0 in Qatar.
Sorry. I do love him and regard him as mr. FC Barcelona but he really disappointed me with this Qatar shit.

Galning

I can't tell you the reason :p I also don't know how long it usually takes to go through all these courses. It's stupid already you now need that paper to become a coach.

El Flaco

Xavi from an interview with The Tactical Room.

Quotes taken from ESPNFC, Barcastuff_ & BarcaNewsForum

- I think, in general, Barca became a bit complacent. I'm sure people thought: 'There's Puyol, Iniesta, Messi, Valdes, Pique, Pedro and Busquets are coming though. This is all going well. Surely every two years or so more players will come through, too.'

- But it's not like that, that's not how things work. I learned to play in La Masia, not in the first team. The academy coaches have to develop players, they have to teach. Winning the youth league doesn't matter. You have to form players at that age. If you win, good, but it's not the objective.

- The B team being in the second or third division doesn't matter. The main point is to develop players for a certain style of play. That's the priority.

- The first question is: How many players have the ability to play for the first team? Right now, the answer's not positive. The B team's objective is to have 6, 8, even 10 players with the potential to go straight into the first team. Not 2 or 3.

- The first team coach needs to rely on the full-back or the midfielder if players get injured. That's why there's an academy. And, in general, I think Barcelona have fallen asleep in that regard.

- I liked how Valverde's Athletic played. It's clear he didn't have Iniesta or MSN at Athletic, but they were a daring team

- (Valverde's Athletic) didn't bomb ball out of defense. His team pressed high, was aggressive & always made things difficult for us.

- Athletic beat us in Spanish Supercup. I think Barća will play very well under Valverde & we'd see the game we used to w/ Pep & Tito.

- Leaders of Barça dressing room are Iniesta, Busi, Leo, Mascherano & Pique. Valverde won't have a problem there. It's very healthy.

- Barça dressing room is full of good people. It has always been this way, beyond the normal small issues that can arise in a group.

- Barça dressing room is a good place, w/ winners, players who want to train & aren't lazy. They've been winning trophies for a decade

- Barça players are still hungry and want to keep winning regardless of how many titles they have or how many Ballon d'Ors Messi has.

Gaudi

A bit too much hate here. Deal with it, this is how world stands right now. Yes, some border line terrorist state with all sort of shaddy money are respected countries, even great allies of western countries. While I don't like it you can't expect Xavi or Barca to start revolution.

ManusXavi

He still doesn't have all coaching qualifications so there'd be no point.

Qualifications. . . ? In my experience the best head coaches are police officers, Mental health doctors, people who work with animals (horse whisperers, dog trainers) and teachers. I am unsure about Xavi as head coach but definately a skills/Tactics coach or La Masia.
Being a head manager requires people skills. I honestly have no clue what his future holds as far as success as a head coach. What I am afraid of is if he was to come back and be a failure, he would not do anymore with Barcelona. My ideal dream is for him to be in charge of the tactics for the first team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans