Xavi Hernández

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Xavi's conditions for accepting Barca's offer:

- Take over in June

- Full control over the sporting project including incoming and outgoing transfers

- Puyol and Jordi Cruyff being appointed with him

- Joan Vila, former head of La Masia's methodology re-hired after he was sacked by this board a while ago

- Changes in the club's medical staff and fire the current chief

- His brother Oscar on his staff

[tw]1230640027933331456[/tw]

KingLeo10

- Take over in June

- Full control over the sporting project including incoming and outgoing transfers

- Joan Vila, former head of La Masia's methodology re-hired after he was sacked by this board a while ago

About time we hired someone who has a sporting project and stringent demands in mind and not just happy to be coaching Barcelona like EV was or Setien is. I'm not putting Setien in EV's bracket but I can guarantee no demands of this kind were made from him.

DonAK

About time we hired someone who has a sporting project and stringent demands in mind and not just happy to be coaching Barcelona like EV was or Setien is. I'm not putting Setien in EV's bracket but I can guarantee no demands of this kind were made from him.

Setien is in no position to make any demands. Real Betis fired him for going against their board and President.

He'll most likely be end up being similar to Valverde, but with a different and clearer style of play.

That's not to say Xavi would have been a success anyway, but I'm not surprised to see the club rejecting his demands.

KingLeo10

Setien is in no position to make any demands. Real Betis fired him for going against their board and President.

Which is an indictment against his calibre. We didn't have other options and he was the best or near best of the options. I'm fine with him for now.

I'm saying serious candidates like Poch, Allegri (don't want him but he's accomplished), Ten Hag, Xavi etc. are going to want full control over transfers and that's the kind of people we should be aiming for. Success or failure is another thing after that but a proper, controlled sporting project means there won't be a half baked attempt at it.

JamDav1982

He'll most likely be end up being similar to Valverde, but with a different and clearer style of play.

That's not to say Xavi would have been a success anyway, but I'm not surprised to see the club rejecting his demands.

The reason given to reject him was not being able to start immediately rather than the other demands.

DonAK

The reason given to reject him was not being able to start immediately rather than the other demands.

I don't see why there would be an issue hiring someone for 6 months and get your desired candidate in the summer if possible.

Especially when Setien was their 4th, 5th choice.

Vilarrubi

- Take over in June

Siiiiiuuuuuuu

JamDav1982

I don't see why there would be an issue hiring someone for 6 months and get your desired candidate in the summer if possible.

Especially when Setien was their 4th, 5th choice.

Wouldnt be ideal at all if players knew manager only in for few months.

El Gato

Villarato!
Which is an indictment against his calibre. We didn't have other options and he was the best or near best of the options. I'm fine with him for now.

I'm saying serious candidates like Poch, Allegri (don't want him but he's accomplished), Ten Hag, Xavi etc. are going to want full control over transfers and that's the kind of people we should be aiming for. Success or failure is another thing after that but a proper, controlled sporting project means there won't be a half baked attempt at it.

Pochettino? Control over transfers?

As for Xavi, that dude never compromised, which will never fly with this board or probably the one after. You need a president who takes a backseat and become essentially a passive investor for his kind of vision to succeed.

serghei

In my opinion the manager has to be part of the transfer process. What's the use of getting a player if the manager doesn't need that certain profile?

JamDav1982

Why would that matter when the squad need rebuilding anyway? Several other teams had caretaker managers before.

Give up on last few months to rebuild in summer?

Be as well keeping EV.

Cant think of any team that have produced knowing manager is leaving but can think of a good few that have underperformed and that given as a reason.

Home of Barca Fans