Xavi Hernández

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I said

I did not say trash.

"Extreme opinions." Whatever.

Average, trash, not good enough.

Kinda the same.

Just an excuse for the manager's inability to get more out of the players, playing with a broken system without any clear pattern or defined roles.

Some players are overrated and average for sure, but even our good ones, who looked good and play well elsewhere have looked bang average under Valverde.

BarcaOG

Banned
I said

I did not say trash.

"Extreme opinions." Whatever.

No. If we had Klopp or Pep as manager, our squad would look a lot better. We have a wealth of talent--the problem is the losing mentality Valverde brings, as well as his total lack of tactical nous. Liverpool and City (with players like Origi and Zinchenko, who are not nearly as good as say Griezmann or Semedo) have squads in which each player has a defined role. Pep works positioning like a madman. Klopp works pressing like a madman as well.

Valverde squats and squints. That's the difference. He does nothing to improve or get the best out of our players.

The Observer

If only Barca managed to sign Elite players like Henderson , Origi , Matip and Milner.

The funny thing about this post is that people laugh about players like Henderson as if Arthur has shown more like ever.

I remember Henderson during the Rodgers season. He always had an incredible engine and bagged double digits goals and assists. Arthur last season bagged 1.

Arthur automatically must be a generational talent because he is a Barca player and can hold on to the ball a bit => "next Xavi" and Henderson is dog shit because he is Henderson though.

The other funny thing: Everyone knows Klopp is elite. So what is your point? Is Klopp available right now? Go and name someone else who is available, clever guy.

Donatello

The next hopeful presidential candidate should tap him up asap.

He will be the key to whoever becomes the next president. Xavi's backing will mean a lot.

Gnidrologist

Empty space is surely available. Which would be still better than the smug boneless looser we have. Our players couldn't manage themselves any worse than they are under Retardo, but at least we wouldn't be forced to see his complacent mug on the sideline anymore.

Donatello

Another one. Jesus.

Everyone knows Pep or Klopp are elite. Neither is available. Name someone who is available.

Klopp wasn't elite, he became one.

He showed immense promise, played attractive football, is charismatic, excellent man manager. Liverpool saw something in him and he delivered. We need to do the same, ditch the safe bet and go for someone who is dynamic, innovative and plays entertaining football.

Ten Hag comes in mind to me. Its too early to say, but he is the best option available next season in terms of promise as well as availability. Other options are Ronald Koeman, Roberto Martinez.

BarcaOG

Banned
Another one. Jesus.

Everyone knows Pep or Klopp are elite. Neither is available. Name someone who is available.

You have to be a first-rate idiot or a delusional moron to even seriously countenance the idea that, simply because there are no 'elite' managers available, we are better off sticking with a coach, in Valverde, who a) has no style b) lacks personality and a winning mentality c) cannot integrate world-class talents into the team d) has no ambition and worst of all, e) has a record of failure, which he might just break this season, if idiots like you decide to keep him on.

The Observer

I'm not an idiot, I'm working on my PhD in Theoretical Physics.

Logic seems not your strong point however. Otherwise you would be aware that there are many coaches who

a) have no style b) lack personality and a winning mentality c) cannot integrate world-class talents into the team d) have no ambition and worst of all, e) have a record of failure

So going from one of those to most likely another one is completely pointless.

I remember the Lucho days. Yes, I have a very well functioning memory. The hate posts were the same. "Completely clueless manager, only MSN, we have no midfield" and so on. Even the same childish name changes, someone called him "Licho" which is supposed to be "trash" in Portuguese. Flavia was behind it afaik.

Then Barca went with Valverde. Why are you not enjoying that managerial change?

Last edited:

Marshall D Teach

Henderson a bigger talent than Arthur. Now I’ve heard it all :lol:

Is there no lengths to which Valverde fanboys won’t go?

Henderson is currently better than Valverde’s lovers Busquets and Rakitic though.

If Valverde were in charge of Liverpool, Salah would be on the bench and they’d be fighting relegation. I guarantee it.

Also, this idea that Valverde is a “safe bet” is a load of horse shit. We would have won the last two league titles with a traffic cone on the bench.

Last edited:

malvolio

Henderson is currently better than Valverde’s lovers Busquets and Rakitic though.

he has better legs(stamina) because he is younger. busquets and rakitic are 2 classes above him when it comes to talent and footballing brain(evidenced by what these two have acheived at club and national team level).

Marshall D Teach

he has better legs(stamina) because he is younger. busquets and rakitic are 2 classes above him when it comes to talent and footballing brain(evidenced by what these two have acheived at club and national team level).

Sure, if we’re talking about Busquets and Rakitic in their primes. That’s long gone now though, those two are finished.

malvolio

Sure, if we’re talking about Busquets and Rakitic in their primes. That’s long gone now though, those two are finished.

don't think you lose the talent with age. its just that you don't have the legs and energy to do the same stuff you could do 10 years ago.

remember rakitic in sevilla? he was a beast who ran from box to box, scoring goals and pulling the strings in midfield.

even so, properly rested and rotated, those two would be more valuable than prime henderson...to a team with a good coach.

Marshall D Teach

He is not ready. Let him prepare for his career as a coach far away from this board. I hope he comes after Barto leaves but not before. He should be ready for 2021/22 season.

He’s more ready than Valverde will ever be.

Very disingenuous to take THAT away from my post.

The squad bar Messi is average (for Barca standards). We are not above Tottenham without Messi. The best performers are nearing retirement. The rest is nothing special. Maybe De Jong and Arthur will become great in a few years, right now they are 21 and 22. Which midfielders ever dominated consistently at that age?

You want to believe Dembélé is another Mbappe but he is more like another Lucas Moura or Douglas Costa.

Semedo is nothing. I think you could plug in 30 other RBs in that position and there would be no downgrade.

Valverde is not great. He is also not particularly bad. He is like most coaches you will get other than Pep and Klopp right now mixed with a not so great Barca.

This is what you end up with.

I will not argue this to eternal lengths though. Everyone has his own opinion already and will not deviate from it. Most think this is still the best team in the world and only the coach is holding it back and a Setien or Sarri would get rainbows shining out of Dembélés ass. I don't believe in that.

Who is right we will never know. By the time Valverde goes Messi and Suarez will decline and the narrative for the next coach will shift again. How he has to deal with a Messi-less Barca and he'll be given leeway.

Funny how Spurs did better in the CL than we did, despite the fact that we have Messi and they don't. Unlike us, they didn't get utterly humiliated. Oh right, that's because they actually have a competent coach.

Also, guys nearing retirement like Busquets and Rakitic our best performers? Now I've heard it all :lol:

De Jong and Arthur won't "maybe become great in a few years", they've already done it against the best teams. Much more than Busquets and Rakitic can say these past couple of years.

The revisionism by the Valverde fanboys here is insane. Already trying to downplay FDJ too, because they know EV is going to bench him and they have to justify it somehow.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans