Xavi Hernández

Raketa10

id rather see him than fraudverde

Well every forum member would love to see him here but it would be much better to let him develop properly first. If we want Xavi to be a long term solution and majority of us want that than we shouldn't rush him only because we want Valverde out. Now it's time to hire an experienced coach who will pass the torch to Xavi after 2 or 3 seasons.

Last edited:

BarcaOG

Banned
Well every forum member would love to see him here but it would be much better to let him develop properly first. If we want Xavi to be a long term solution and majority of us want that than we shouldn't be so shortsighted.

fair enough...its just so frustrating to see this team be ruined by valverde and to see messi waste his last good years under an incompetent coach..but i get your point

serghei

Ten Hag or Xavi. Or Setien for 1 season if we plan to move to Xavi for 2021-22. Koeman will do too, although not ideal.

Those are the options.

Options in order of prefference:
1. Ten Hag next season for a full campaign and then go Xavi after 3-4 years if Ten Hag does great. Sooner if Ten Hag doesn't work very well.
2. Take the chance with Xavi fast from next season.
3. Setien for 1 season (2 if he does great in the first) + Xavi next after he gains more experience.
4. Koeman then Xavi.

Either way, in 3-4 years at the latest, Xavi will probably be the manager.

Best possible solution would be to convince Pep with a new board and a new project from 2021. That would be the dream option, but I don't see it happening.

Every manager who does italian style won't fit. So Mourinho, Allegri, Conte are all Valverde-type, only competent at playing that way.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Everything is about timing. Getting Xavi when circumstances aren't ready could kill his coaching career before it starts.
Right now, it isn't ideal situation for him. The team needs some major retooling/rebuilding. There are so many players has invested so much of his life/career with. Around 2022 or something most if not all of them will be out.
When Pep came back here, only Puyol & Xavi was still there from his playing time. Both were very young 23 & 21) when he left. Players like Messi & Busquets were super star veterans when Xavi left.
This year we are starting to know we have a future for our midfield with Arthur & FDJ. There is probably one more missing piece, and probably will start renewing our defense and may be our attack. Let someone like Koeman/Lucho/Ten Haag do it before we bring him.

PS: I don't think Xavi is the only one from current era that will coach the team. Mascherano & Busquets are highly regarded as future coaches. seems like VV us surprising everyone too.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Xavi is a smart guy, football-wise at least.

He alluded to wanting to return to Barca in his latest interview, but also realizing the time is not right.

Ajax continue playing well despite losing de Jong, de Ligt, Schöne. Erik ten Hag is the right man.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That's why I said Xavi is smart football-wise, that above is such a dumb thing to say. Sure the locals are happy, but they have blood on their hands.

The Middle East in general treat other people like shit. Especially people from South/South East Asia.

serghei

That's why I said Xavi is smart football-wise, that above is such a dumb thing to say. Sure the locals are happy, but they have blood on their hands.

That's all I care about. I don't care what Xavi has to say about anything other than football.

I don't want new coach... if they are not prepared to give him freedom. Ten Haag, Nagelsmann, Xavi or Koeman would probbably have some transformation in mind and the board could try to limit his vision & tie his hands by insisting on current "system".

Raketa10

Ten Hag or Xavi. Or Setien for 1 season if we plan to move to Xavi for 2021-22. Koeman will do too, although not ideal.

Those are the options.

1. Ten Hag next season for a full campaign and then go Xavi after 3-4 years if Ten Hag does great. Sooner if Ten Hag doesn't work very well.
3. Setien for 1 season (2 if he does great in the first) + Xavi next after he gains more experience.
4. Koeman then Xavi.

Best possible solution would be to convince Pep with a new board and a new project from 2021. That would be the dream option, but I don't see it happening.

Every manager who does italian style won't fit. So Mourinho, Allegri, Conte are all Valverde-type, only competent at playing that way.

Setien would flop. He would be Valverde 2.0 I have no doubt about that. No way in hell we should hire him! We seriously need to stop hiring managers who coached only tier 3 or 4 teams in their career. He is an average manager who above all that has 60 years of age and has never coached a serious team in his life. There is no way in hell he would be able to handle our stars. We need a strong personality or a person who will be respected because of his former coaching results.

Teams Setien managed:
2001–2002 Racing Santander
2003 Poli Ejido
2006 Equatorial Guinea
2007–2008 Logroñés
2009–2015 Lugo
2015–2017 Las Palmas
2017–2019 Betis

If this is a good enough reference to coach Barca than we have at least 100 candidates out there! Hiring managers like Setien brought us here in the first place.

On the other hand Ten Hag or Koeman would be ideal before Xavi takes over. Koeman is a strong personality and a club legend. He knows how to deal with pressure and Ten Hag on the other hand is a hugely talented manager who proved himself last season.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Those are the options.

4. Koeman then Xavi.

Agree with everything except likening Mourinho, Allegri, or Conte to the TERRORIST. Any of those 3 would have seen out a 3-0 advantage at Anfield with that Barca squad. The TERRORIST attempts to play the Italian way but ends up conceding like prime Rayo Vallecano under the slightest hint of away game CL pressure.

jamrock

I don't think xavi is ready yet, he needs to go and learn a bit more from the greats and development is own identity, I get the feeling he will just try to be pep and end up being pep lite other wise.

I'd even take Wenger now as a quick 1-2 year term

Home of Barca Fans