Xavi Hernandez

serghei

The coach should have a say but no coach/manager in the world these days will have full control.

He probably means full control on the sporting side, not full control period, that would be crazy. You can't have full control anyway, since there are economical sides to a transfer that are not related to the manager's position. And are more related to budget, and other economical factors.

Anyway, if the board and the manager are on the same page and have the same vision, then it is very likely they will get along fine, and bring in players that thick most boxes, from both an economical and a sportive perspective.

Imo Xavi is hesitating because this board has shown they lack such sort of vision. And he'd rather start his path as a manager next to a board he fully trusts with these things. Which is smart and fair.

Last edited:

Xtroverto

So since xavi sent barto boys packing he has 9 wins and 2 draws in the last 11 games. Hopefully he will be part of a opposing candidate campaign, barto and his boys have burnt all their bridges as far as I'm concerned. Either it should be Victor Font or Juan Laporta, both fanatical Johan Cruyff devotees. We have had enough of barto and his bull$%#$.

El Gato

Villarato!
Annotation-2020-05-08-130150.png

I had to check my eyes 3 times :lol: Has Xavi finally seen some light?

Source purportedly the new Iniesta documentary from Rakuten TV.

Messigician

🎙️ [AS] | Xavi dreams of coaching Messi and Neymar together at Bar?a

🔶 The coach of Al Sadd had an conversation on instagram through 'roadto2022es' with Samuel Eto'o in which he revealed some of his challenges as a coach

Philosophy

🔊 Xavi: "I like teams that do not spectate. They dominate games. I understand football as a spectacle. My proposal is always to play attack. I want possession, to have the ball, to be protagonists in the game."

Neymar

🔊 Xavi: "Football-wise, he is among the top three or five best in the world. Hopefully he will return to Bar?a. I have had him as a teammate. He would add a lot. Positive character. It would be an extraordinary signing to make a difference."

Barcelona offer

🔊 Xavi: "In January it was not the time. We were in talks with Abidal and Oscar Grau. I had a very important proposal, but I needed a little more experience. I want to be there and my dream is to coach Bar?a."

Messi

🔊 Xavi: "He still has five or six years left. He takes good care of himself. I see him playing another World Cup. I am sure. Coaching Messi would be a plus, we are talking about the best player of all time."

Forwards for Bar?a

🔊 Xavi: "With space Man? and Aubemayang they kill you with lots space, but Barcelona needs players who know how to move in short spaces."

🔊 Xavi: "I am already thinking about players who would adapt to Bar?a and it is not easy to find one. Samuel Eto'o was perfect, as Luis Su?rez is now."

ManusXavi

Xavi would never get Covid-19 in the shopping areas. He always moves into open space. He did that in football and in real life probably better than most people.

MTL_Barca

I'd be surprised if he takes the job now. Maybe he just wants a challenge but it's like the worst time to take over ever.

He would risk his future at Barca just for being in charge a bit earlier instead of waiting for a regular season start, new players and new board next year.

FinBarcelonafan

I'd be surprised if he takes the job now. Maybe he just wants a challenge but it's like the worst time to take over ever.

He would risk his future at Barca just for being in charge a bit earlier instead of waiting for a regular season start, new players and new board next year.

Xavi it makes the most sense in one year. He could start from fresh table. By the time, Busi, Raki, Vidal and Suarez should be all gone. Maybe Messi for one more year. He can work with that. Maybe even Pique is finished then.

Home of Barca Fans