Xavi Hernández

khaled_a_d

What he needs to do is stop pretending Qatar is a serious league and come to Europe.

Agree.
While the league is a joke by western European standards for sure, Asian version of CL is a very serious tournament atm and he did average there. Their clubs has been doing well in CWC too btw.
He isn't doing a good job with what he has, and tbh he made a stupid move. He replaced a coach who was elite for Middle Eastern teams in a club that expect success on a level he isn't used to. Moreover he is coaching players who were his teammates weeks before he was hired.
Qatar has serious projects, and I respect Xavi for trying to be a part of them turning their football around (they already have made leaps in that direction) but it was just not suited for him and if his performance doesn't improve it could ultimately hurt his coaching career badly.
He need to have any sort of coaching success before coming here as 1st team coach, and he seem convinced he is too cool for B team. But who will hire him and give i support to succeed if he already establish a "great player, bad coach' reputation with Al Sadd?

gregorrin10

It's not doing him any good staying there. He is not even getting good results.

Agreed. No serious club is gonna offer him the job if all he keeps doing, is wasting his time in Qatar. Loved him to bits as a Barca player, but he's turned out to be kind of a sell out afterwards with this Qatar business. And it looks like he just might be there to stay all up until the World Cup, since he's their main ambassador for that, which would be a huge disappointment. As soon as he got his coaching licenses, he should've come back to Europe and taken on a job with a mid-table club in Spain and start getting some real La Liga experience from this season onward. In that case he would be just in time to be ready to take over Barca in 2021. I mean I know Font really loves him and I would of course support him if he gets the Barca job in 2021, but not everyone is Pep, and even he coached the B team for a couple of years before. If all Xavi is gonna have by then, is Qatar experience, he might fail spectacularly at Barca, even though he does have the right profile and we know he wants his team to play the right way.

Literally anyone is better than Valverde. Xavi may not be tactically sound but I've always maintained that he's Barcelona's heart and soul (yes, more than Puyol or Iniesta) and would invigorate the way we play.

mc_lovin

Literally anyone is better than Valverde. Xavi may not be tactically sound but I've always maintained that he's Barcelona's heart and soul (yes, more than Puyol or Iniesta) and would invigorate the way we play.

How do you figure that? We have next to no data regarding him, Quatar doesnt mean shit. Still hope we dont burn him.

delancey

My opinion is that Xavi should take a path that is more similar to Zidane’s.... That is, he should focus on being the apprentice under Guardiola or Klopp, or someone who is a strong and established head coach, and move up the ladder that way.

wisconsincule

I find it hard to believe that Xavi would be able to motivate his former teammates. Not sure I agree with this one...

He needs more time.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
There are parallels to Pep obviously, too many to list. Guardiola's coaching experience amounted to one season in the 4th division with Barca B. In terms of experience, it's a non-issue. Same goes for ideas on how to play, passion, leadership, intelligence & motivation. Will he be a success? No one knows

What I would guarantee, however, is that he would be much better than Valverde simply for the fact that Xavi is brave & plays in the manner that cules demand - and he will demand it of the team

I am skeptical simply because we went through this in summer, esp. with Gerard Romero. Plus, Xavi is supposed to have some pact with Victor Font and with club legends steering away from Barto it would seem improbable now. Of course, if it is pitched to Xavi that the club needs him then he may very well answer the call. I hope so

FC433

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="pl" dir="ltr">Barça zaproponowała Xaviemu poprowadzenie drużyny już teraz. Abidal i Grau przedstawili mu projekt. Xavi ma odpowiedzieć po jutrzejszym meczu Al Sadd. Jeśli się zgodzi, to nastąpi natychmiastowa zmiana trenera. <a href="https://twitter.com/gerardromero?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@gerardromero</a></p>— ■neurophate (@neurophate_) <a href="https://twitter.com/neurophate_/status/1215769415372955655?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 10, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Xavi to respond to Barca's offer tomorrow after Al-Sadd game.

Definitely too soon. I hope Xavi is smart enough to reject it! We cannot be patient anymore and all of us want immediate impact. The timing is way off. I also believe that Xavi is a bit too stubborn and he needs to fail somewhere else before taking such a huge step.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not sure if he's ready or not, but god am I tired of Valverde......

Not every coach goes through the same path and you would be foolish to expect Barcelona to turn into World Beaters right away. He'll lead a new project where the squad need to be renewed.

Would definitely be more exciting than Valverde's football and boring personality.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Xavi is brave and would play in the style fans expect and would demand his players to execute far better than the shitshow we have been witnessing

El Gato

Villarato!
Imagine thinking adding this silver tongued asshole to this den of snakes locker room would be a good idea. The team talks where Xavi and Suarez argue over the tactic, Messi sits there looking on, Frenkie saying something and the senior amigos just give him a big fat frown. Can't wait for the referee whining on the sidelines :lol:

Home of Barca Fans