Xavi Hernandez

Raketa10

I agree on the results part and "cleaning the house" part but a proper manager is needed to develop young players. I don't see Koeman as a manager who is capable of doing that. Yes, he will give them playing time but they also need to learn more about tactics, positioning, movement etc. IMHO Xavi could be more suitable for developing youngsters than Koeman.

Last edited:

BarcaOG

Banned
no matter who is in charge next season things wont change until we get rid of

pique alba busi lenglet braitwaith and probably messi as well

Joan

Who would your choice be? I'm not against Koeman for another year to be honest either.

Why? I honestly don't see a better candidate right now. We are broke and have a horribly balanced team so Xavi might be our only solution. In addition to that, I can't see a top manager who is available and would be a perfect fit right now.

Koeman is clearly a very limited manager, he has no game plan at all. He literally lost every single game this season when tactics really mattered. IMHO Xavi would be an upgrade over him.

I am honestly curious who would be your top (realistic) pics for our next coach?

Regarding Koeman, few weeks ago I'd be telling the same, to give him another season. Bit flickery, yes, but right now, I don't see a direction with him. I thought he had one and was slowly turning things around. And it's not the results that worry me, as I don't have expectations in that regard. Winning the cup would be neat, but one shouldn't fire coaches for failing at it. I'm worried we're going back to the old slow type of ineffective football veterans are used to. I like that he's giving kids chances, it's very important in these troubled times. He'll get at least the rest of the season with minimum expectations - top four. We'll be smarter in the summer.

My top picks... it's hard. I don't think there are that many realistic options that would take us places. But I wouldn't want a free-falling Barca full of veterans he used to play with to be Xavi's first real coaching job, all due respect to Qataris. I do think some experience is important. European football experience, work with real talent, to begin with. I'd be willing to see us take a different approach. I personally like Nagelsmann, think he's a sound coach, proven in two clubs, ready to move onto the bigger scene, and that he can work with youngsters. Has some good ideas, too.

BarcaOG

Banned
I really don't care about the results with Koeman.
He is doing decent job with the youngsters, and giving them more playing time and better development.
He is also trying to give us more direction.

Puig? Yeah, no.

Also please explain what this new 'direction' means. If it involves losing every important game against every decent side, well, that's the wrong direction.

Catta

Puig? Yeah, no.

Also please explain what this new 'direction' means. If it involves losing every important game against every decent side, well, that's the wrong direction.

Who cares about Puig. There are other youngster besides him, who are more important for the clubs future.

Its like Puig is the biggest talent in history, and there is some kind of agenda against him. If he was even half as talented as portrayed on this forum, he would have become a first team player 3 seasons ago. Clubs would offer 50 mil bids, at least for him, if he was so good.

BarcaOG

Banned
Ok, Puig aside (whatever, not that important to me), explain to me how Koemann's direction is justified after losing every single important game against every single big team with the exception of Juventus away.

Gnidrologist

Puig may have been overrated by some, but the general discontent here is that our latest few managers have discarded using likes of him in favor of "reliable veterans" and embarrassing themselves every. single. time. You do know what definition of insanity is, do you?

BarcaOG

Banned
Puig may have been overrated by some, but the general discontent here is that our latest few managers have discarded using likes of him in favor of "reliable veterans" and embarrassing themselves every. single. time. You do know what definition of insanity is, do you?

precisely

Richard.H

Fuk me :lol: :lol:

Bobo32

I have not seen a full game of him as a coach, and I don't know any of his players, but from watching some highlights, his team seems to connect well, the players relate to each other in a natural way and the movements are harmonic. I like what I see.
He may very well be top 3 in the world, we'll find out. If you claimed Pep Guardiola was top 3 in the world in 2008 you would be laughed at, luckily Cruyff believed he was and just one year later he was proven right. Some people couldn't decide before 2011 or haven't even decided yet, but that is just madness.

I was given this video in another thread which I started to analyze a bit but decided to not write about there:
Yeah these passes were so easy thats why we dont see this kind of passes at barca anymore :p
The second pass was a pretty magical pass, perfect timing and with a surprising angle.
3:18 is another real through ball with the NT, through a couple of lines, and he had to really make that one quickly and with precision. The one after that towards Messi was great as well; lofted, and geniously finding him between the CB:s.
Apart from that, I didn't really see many "genious" passes there. There was even a corner in that video, lol. But please put some timestamps for passes you mean are particularly great, and let's see if I agree.

Most through balls he made are on the foot of players who have already started their run, and Xavi is looking in the same direction as the pass goes. He mostly has good marginal both vertically and horizontally when he decides to make the pass.
He was also good at playing the pass over the LB of the opposing team, he had perfect timing for those, but there wasn't really anything genious about them. Easily spotted from the TV couch.
Most of what made him great was his movement/positioning, his calmness on the ball combined with always keeping his vision up, and that he chose a 95% safe option 95% of the time. Of course he was technically great as well, so he could play safely on a higher difficulty level than most players.

Take a look at this game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nhx6vEsQJM
I pointed before to that Pedro assist as one of his greatest passes, but I don't see that one, or any other pass he made in this video, as being speculative. Well, I counted 2 crosses, naturally a bit speculative... But if you put Pjanic in Xavis positions in that game he would unironically try 30 through balls

KingLeo10

I have not seen a full game of him as a coach, and I don't know any of his players, but from watching some highlights, his team seems to connect well, the players relate to each other in a natural way and the movements are harmonic. I like what I see.
He may very well be top 3 in the world, we'll find out. If you claimed Pep Guardiola was top 3 in the world in 2008 you would be laughed at, luckily Cruyff believed he was and just one year later he was proven right. Some people couldn't decide before 2011 or haven't even decided yet, but that is just madness.

I was given this video in another thread which I started to analyze a bit but decided to not write about there:

The second pass was a pretty magical pass, perfect timing and with a surprising angle.
3:18 is another real through ball with the NT, through a couple of lines, and he had to really make that one quickly and with precision. The one after that towards Messi was great as well; lofted, and geniously finding him between the CB:s.
Apart from that, I didn't really see many "genious" passes there. There was even a corner in that video, lol. But please put some timestamps for passes you mean are particularly great, and let's see if I agree.

Most through balls he made are on the foot of players who have already started their run, and Xavi is looking in the same direction as the pass goes. He mostly has good marginal both vertically and horizontally when he decides to make the pass.
He was also good at playing the pass over the LB of the opposing team, he had perfect timing for those, but there wasn't really anything genious about them. Easily spotted from the TV couch.
Most of what made him great was his movement/positioning, his calmness on the ball combined with always keeping his vision up, and that he chose a 95% safe option 95% of the time. Of course he was technically great as well, so he could play safely on a higher difficulty level than most players.

Take a look at this game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nhx6vEsQJM
I pointed before to that Pedro assist as one of his greatest passes, but I don't see that one, or any other pass he made in this video, as being speculative. Well, I counted 2 crosses, naturally a bit speculative... But if you put Pjanic in Xavis positions in that game he would unironically try 30 through balls

And yet here you are earning 0.00 from this supposedly Guardiola tier understanding of football.

Lol.

:lol:

Home of Barca Fans