Xavi Hernández

Gnidrologist

Yes, this has to be stated. The default position of some cules that Xavi should be good coach for Barca or any team is moronic. There is no evident constant correlation between best players being best coaches. Lot of great players failed as coaches or were mediocrities at bet and some non-players became the best. Mourinho and Klopp, even Tuchel for examples. People believe in Xacvi as a future great coach, because he's very similar to Guardiola in a lot of aspects.

Alik

Yes, this has to be stated. The default position of some cules that Xavi should be good coach for Barca or any team is moronic. There is no evident constant correlation between best players being best coaches. Lot of great players failed as coaches or were mediocrities at bet and some non-players became the best. Mourinho and Klopp, even Tuchel for examples. People believe in Xacvi as a future great coach, because he's very similar to Guardiola in a lot of aspects.

Guardiola, Zidane, Lampard, Arteta, Simeone, Solkjaer, Flick, Koemann, Pirlo. Most top teams in the world are coached by former players. That is the current situation.

Mourinho is part of the old generation.

Gnidrologist

Guardiola, Zidane, Lampard, Arteta, Simeone, Solkjaer, Flick, Koemann, Pirlo. Most top teams in the world are coached by former players. That is the current situation.

Mourinho is part of the old generation.
Which just shows that choice of new coach is more like a PR/marketing move than rational decision.

khaled_a_d

Xavi Hern?ndez (Bar?a great): "I don't want to be proactive about any candidate. I have a friendship with both Laporta and Font and I wish them the best." [el peri?dico]

XavI: "I have had a lot of contact with Font in the last five years, in which we have talked about the future of Bar?a and its needs at a sporting level."

Xavi: "With Laporta, from whom I didn't know he was running for the elections until recently, I have a great harmony. He has been the best president I have had at Bar?a."

Home of Barca Fans