Xavi Hernández

khaled_a_d

Doubt it. In terms of legends Xavi is the highest class there is.

Koeman for Barca fans in the 90's was close to that type of legend status, considering the limited success Barca had in the 30 years before the 90's.
Obviously easy to look back now and think they are different, but truth is legacy was never the problem for Koeman, it is the fact that he status as a coach declined badly while we got success from Rijkaard.
It is still too early for Xavi, but he is taking it for granted.

Vilarrubi

EkJHZMJVkAEHnjq

Xavi was a defensive midfielder according to France Football.... :lol:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
No Makelele?

I think the issue is the formation that France Football are using. It's set up with a DM, AM, and two wingers. Xavi's actual position is closest to DM from those.

khaled_a_d

No Makelele?

I think the issue is the formation that France Football are using. It's set up with a DM, AM, and two wingers. Xavi's actual position is closest to DM from those.

Agree with 2nd part, but Makelele doesn't deserve to be there. One of the most overrated DMs in the history imo

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Agree with 2nd part, but Makelele doesn't deserve to be there. One of the most overrated DMs in the history imo

Really?

I don't really remember watching him play much, since I was so young. But I thought people generally had a high opinion of him as a defensive midfielder?

Nello

Rewatched our 2-0 win in the semi final against RM in 2011.

This guy was easily the most influential player on the pitch, just oozed pure class and pulled perfect passes all the time. Miss him.

KingLeo10

Rewatched our 2-0 win in the semi final against RM in 2011.

This guy was easily the most influential player on the pitch, just oozed pure class and pulled perfect passes all the time. Miss him.

Spain were nobodies before his peak. Spain turned into nobodies after his peak.

Easily the best CM ever.

Batistuta9

Spain were nobodies before his peak. Spain turned into nobodies after his peak.

Easily the best CM ever.

I agree that he's the best CM ever, but it's wrong to credit Spain's success to just xavi. There was a crazy high level of players in 2008-12 squad. Most of them were at their peak some time in that period and a lot of them declined the same time as xavi.

Home of Barca Fans