Xavi Hernandez

Raketa10

Xavi: "I don't believe now is the right moment to return. There's a lot of noise outside of the club, non-sporting issues.. I don't think now is the time."

He made the right choice. I only hope he will move to Europe soon. There is no way he can grow as a coach in Qatar.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Xavi: "I don't believe now is the right moment to return. There's a lot of noise outside of the club, non-sporting issues.. I don't think now is the time."

He made the right choice. I only hope he will move to Europe soon. There is no way he can grow as a coach in Qatar.

I just hope he won?t wait too long. I know people who say ?Now is not the right time/I am not ready?. They end up never doing it at all or far too late and regret not earlier.

shadows

Well not surprising, the club first needs to get rid of Amigos. Else Xavi would be another spoke while the Amigos do as they please. First there needs to be a plan to rebuild, not a band aid around Messi.

Birdy

Xavi cannot clear out the team from the Amigos.
He was their teammate and friend. Impossible.
Someone else has to do the dirty job.
And my feeling is that -irrespective of the elections, where Font's win is absolutely crucial for the future of the club - Xavi needs to steer clear for more than one season.

Horatio

You're welcome
Xavi cannot clear out the team from the Amigos.
He was their teammate and friend. Impossible.
Someone else has to do the dirty job.
And my feeling is that -irrespective of the elections, where Font's win is absolutely crucial for the future of the club - Xavi needs to steer clear for more than one season.

Yep. That?s I believe the main reason Xavi wont take on the job. Doesn?t have the heart to tell his friends they suck.

kattanib

Xavi isn?t proven as a manager and no one knows how he will turn out to be. It is unwise to be fixated on him taking the job, its a marketing stunt to use his brand for election purposes

Messi983

It's suicide to come now, when the board won't support 100% the clear out of the Amigos.

I think they would. They are just powerless in current situation to do anything serious with the likes of Busi and Alba still being on longterm contracts and not wanting to leave. And they won't want to upset Messi by pushing Suarez out of the club.

I'm not sure if Xavi would succeed as a coach or not but he's probably the only one who can somehow convince his amigos it's time to step back and give younger players a chance.

Birdy

"Bartomeu called Xavi last week and proposed to him the managerial job next season.
The president offered him all that he asked for when Bartomeu offered the job back in January. [cat radio]
After the 2-8 defeat, some Bar?a players told Xavi "come, we need you."
Xavi responded "with this board, I don't see it clear." [cat radio]

Xavi knows that Barto is playing a dirty game, and he doesn't want to be used to whitewash him.
He also stayed loyal to the project of Victor Font.
I don't know if he is going to become a good coach, but he is a clever and honest man.

khaled_a_d

Xavi is smart. His entrance is 2021 or 2022 at the latest. Now he'd be in the middle of chaos.

Well, he should hope it doesn't turn like Koeman situation himself.
Declined us in 2003 thinking it is a mess, had to wait 17 years to get his dream job.

Home of Barca Fans