Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Imagine thinking adding this silver tongued asshole to this den of snakes locker room would be a good idea. The team talks where Xavi and Suarez argue over the tactic, Messi sits there looking on, Frenkie saying something and the senior amigos just give him a big fat frown :lol:

The only person that would be bigger than Xavi in the dressing room is Messi and Messi probably respects Xavi too much to turn into a problem.

Suarez can suck it if he complains. He's likely gone after this season anyway.

El Gato

Villarato!
The only person that would be bigger than Xavi in the dressing room is Messi and Messi probably respects Xavi too much to turn into a problem.

Suarez can suck it if he complains. He's likely gone after this season anyway.

Messi doesn't matter in this scenario, of course, he'd just be back to being the ace he should have always stayed instead of playing at being captain.

It's trying to bring the group together that is the most amusing vision. It won't happen. Or if it will, it'll happen at the cost of many bodies and not just those that are actually problematic right now. And probably a bucket of money.

Last edited:

Tackle

EN9K96gWoAEq3vx.jpg

EN9TW-aXsAUQ9AQ.jpg

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
My biggest concern is he is part of "club de amigos", so I don't see him changing the dynamics of the team... Seniors will call the shots, train at half intensity, enjoy the days off and then wonder why we get run over by the end of the season...

We don't need a tactician. We need a motivator. Even non Barcelona supporters know that Xavi would be a significantly better motivator than Valverde. Luis Enrique wasn't a good tactician but he was a decent motivator. Defo better than Valverde.

This Barcelona is completely lacking in motivation. They're psychologically so weak.

Zidane defo isn't a tactician. He's a man manager, a motivator. Look how he's turned Madrid around. Hate putting them in the same sentence but yes Xavi would be our Zidane.

Xavi told Neymar off when the latter was fooling around. He won't suffer fools.

"Club de amigos" shouldn't/wouldn't be a factor. The squad knows Xavi's there to win them everything in sight. Only Messi would dare stand up to Xavi and he won't. Xavi has the most appearances for Barcelona for a reason. The heart and soul of the club. Everything that's good about the club distilled into one phenomenal person. Barca DNA and philosophy personified.

gregorrin10

My biggest concern is he is part of "club de amigos", so I don't see him changing the dynamics of the team... Seniors will call the shots, train at half intensity, enjoy the days off and then wonder why we get run over by the end of the season...

As much as I think it might be too early for Xavi to take over, I've never seen him like that. I think he'd be more than capable of distinguishing his role as the player and manager and as far as days off go, considering how disappointed he is with how we're currently playing (like every sensible Barca fan is), I'd wager that he'd actually make the team train harder, and try to make them play the real Barca way and if any problems arose (which they surely would with fattie like Suarez or slob like Rakitic and Pique), he'd simply tell them to take a hike, if they can't fulfill a normal life of a footballer, which is complete at least one or even two training sessions per day, not one every 4 days, like Valverde made this team used to, the players surely must realize this is abnormal, De Jong and Griezmann are probably even more dumbfounded, since they're used to Ten Hag and Simeone's training regime, where physical preparation is not only important, but actually vital.

Let's not forget that Xavi's last game with us was the 2015 Champions League Final in Berlin. Xavi returning would be a good omen in itself. A source of inspiration in Europe where we've been pushed around for too long.

It is time for Europe to fear us again.

gregorrin10

We don't need a tactician. We need a motivator. Even non Barcelona supporters know that Xavi would be a significantly better motivator than Valverde. Luis Enrique wasn't a good tactician but he was a decent motivator. Defo better than Valverde.

This Barcelona is completely lacking in motivation. They're psychologically so weak.

Zidane defo isn't a tactician. He's a man manager, a motivator. Look how he's turned Madrid around. Hate putting them in the same sentence but yes Xavi would be our Zidane.

Xavi told Neymar off when the latter was fooling around. He won't suffer fools.

"Club de amigos" shouldn't/wouldn't be a factor. The squad knows Xavi's there to win them everything in sight. Only Messi would dare stand up to Xavi and he won't. Xavi has the most appearances for Barcelona for a reason. The heart and soul of the club. Everything that's good about the club distilled into one phenomenal person. Barca DNA and philosophy personified.

Exactly :cheers: And whether it's about wanting to get that speed back into our passing and gameplay, or simply the volume of training, he knows how important being physically ready to play the true Barca way is, at least in terms of pressing, not so much stamina, cause we know the true Barca way encourages technical ability and vision to do most of the 'running' anyway, basically the opposite of how Vidal plays, since he makes up for his lack of skill with running around like a headless chicken. It's a big difference in smart pressing to get the ball back asap, or chasing the ball, which is what Vidal is actually doing, he and Valverde's way of football is actually the same to our opponents in the Pep era, when they were left chasing the ball most of the time, and then looking to get their opportunity on a break.

bismp

People expecting Xavi to turn into the next Guardiola,while it is more likely to end up as the new Gattuso.

Sure,Xavi was Pep’s greatest student but the situation is completely different.Pep had to build a team consisting of the greatest generation of La Masia,with many of the players being young and hungry for success.Pep also had the support of a decent board(Laporta).

On the other hand,Xavi would have to deal with our old,unmotivated divas and the clueless Barto etc.

So even if Xavi has the ability and the ideas to turn into the next Pep,he can’t do it under these circumstances.It would be better if he comes to Barca in a few years under a new board,to lead a rebuild without the Club de Amigos.

THAT SAID,anyone would be better than Retardo at the moment.Xavi would bring a psychological boost and make the team tougher.Hopefully he can deal with the old guard and implement some decent tactics.

In other words,he may not become the next Pep,but he can become our version of Lampard,or,if we are lucky enough,our version of Zidane.

gregorrin10

Let's not forget that Xavi's last game with us was the 2015 Champions League Final in Berlin. Xavi returning would be a good omen in itself. A source of inspiration in Europe where we've been pushed around for too long.

It is time for Europe to fear us again.

If he actually ends up accepting and coming in the next week, I could very much see Puig getting promoted right away (especially since Alena is now gone on loan), and us selling at least Vidal to Inter before the January window closes, since they already declared Vidal is basically their main transfer target (they're even putting the Eriksen talks on hold because of it, even though he is much easier to get) and Vidal is the literal opposite of what a Barca midfielder should play like, so he's much more likely to leave before Rakitic, who I'm guessing would stay for depth until Alena comes back in the summer, and also there's not much interest in him in January anyway. Maybe Roberto would be permanently moved to midfield too, as I could certainly see Xavi giving Wague a fair chance, with Semedo probably taking the starting spot. Don't think Xavi ever saw Roberto as a RB.

And like you said, It's not just about the pure positive way of setting his team up to play the Barca way, he'd also be a much needed breath of fresh air in terms of the psychological effect. The club needs this, the psychologically ravaged team needs this, and we the fans certainly need this. Even though I think it might be too early and I still don't think Xavi will accept working under this Board, as it could very much damage his relationship with Font before the elections, I'm still hoping the call for help, which the club of his life desperately needs ASAP, will be enough for him to return early.

And I think Xavi knows nothing is guaranteed, so turning down the Barca job now could come and bite him in the ass in the future (maybe Font doesn't win the elections, and then he maybe wouldn't come back in 2021). Plus as much as I hate Bartomeu, it's like someone else already mentioned, he knows if this works out, he could turn from the worst president post Cruyff to a hero (at least to some Cules, I for one will never forgive him for making us a laughing stock of Europe for the past 2 years, even if Xavi comes in tomorrow and wins this season and next's season's CL), who fired our worst manager ever and replaced him with Guardiola 2.0., all in less than 2 years. This is Bartomeu's last push to try and get his candidate for elections a fighting chance in 2021, cause right now, I can't imagine anyone in their right mind would choose his candidate. Anyway, I guess we'll get our answer soon enough (if Xavi really is ready to reveal his decision after tomorrow's game). And if the offer to him from our Board is actually true, of course!

FinBarcelonafan

I doubt he would have the authority over veteran players. They are his buddies.. Wait few more years with Xavi. I would rather sign Koeman(in this moment).

Arnaez

From what I've heard his tactics been a complete flop in Qatar, taking 1st place to 3rd playing suicide football. I think he may be a little too dogmatic, failing to appreciate counter-strategies or his players' skillsets well enough.

Last edited:

gasgas

If he actually ends up accepting and coming in the next week, I could very much see Puig getting promoted right away (especially since Alena is now gone on loan), and us selling at least Vidal to Inter before the January window closes, since they already declared Vidal is basically their main transfer target (they're even putting the Eriksen talks on hold because of it, even though he is much easier to get) and Vidal is the literal opposite of what a Barca midfielder should play like, so he's much more likely to leave before Rakitic, who I'm guessing would stay for depth until Alena comes back in the summer, and also there's not much interest in him in January anyway. Maybe Roberto would be permanently moved to midfield too, as I could certainly see Xavi giving Wague a fair chance, with Semedo probably taking the starting spot. Don't think Xavi ever saw Roberto as a RB.

And like you said, It's not just about the pure positive way of setting his team up to play the Barca way, he'd also be a much needed breath of fresh air in terms of the psychological effect. The club needs this, the psychologically ravaged team needs this, and we the fans certainly need this. Even though I think it might be too early and I still don't think Xavi will accept working under this Board, as it could very much damage his relationship with Font before the elections, I'm still hoping the call for help, which the club of his life desperately needs ASAP, will be enough for him to return early.

And I think Xavi knows nothing is guaranteed, so turning down the Barca job now could come and bite him in the ass in the future (maybe Font doesn't win the elections, and then he maybe wouldn't come back in 2021). Plus as much as I hate Bartomeu, it's like someone else already mentioned, he knows if this works out, he could turn from the worst president post Cruyff to a hero (at least to some Cules, I for one will never forgive him for making us a laughing stock of Europe for the past 2 years, even if Xavi comes in tomorrow and wins this season and next's season's CL), who fired our worst manager ever and replaced him with Guardiola 2.0., all in less than 2 years. This is Bartomeu's last push to try and get his candidate for elections a fighting chance in 2021, cause right now, I can't imagine anyone in their right mind would choose his candidate. Anyway, I guess we'll get our answer soon enough (if Xavi really is ready to reveal his decision after tomorrow's game). And if the offer to him from our Board is actually true, of course!

His team is conceding truckloads of goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans