Xavi Hernández

i_bleed_blaugrana

Què lastima... :(

Now both of my Barça jerseys feature former Barça players now (Ronaldinho and Xavi).

I'm on the fence now with Al Sadd. Positives are he'll be able to coach us soon in 2-3 years. Back when Pep was still here, I always wanted Pep to stay until Xavi could be our next coach.

But I am disappointed that he'll have to support a very controversial World Cup and I wish he hadn't. The entire Qatar situation from how they got the bid to what they are doing to prepare is shady and bordering unethical. I know 30 million euros is a lot but it can't be about the money, he woulda made that much or at least close to it through sponsor deals in the MLS too.

This won't change how I view him tho. Legendary player, greatest Spanish MF of all time, top 3 MFs of all time period. We won't see a player of his class and calibre for a while.

FiReFTW

He is amongst the greatest midfielders but certainly not the best, come one people. Maradona is a prime example of someone much better than Xavi.

xXKonan

He is amongst the greatest midfielders but certainly not the best, come one people. Maradona is a prime example of someone much better than Xavi.
Uh Maradona Seriously? Both aren't even the same type of Players lol. and not only that Xavi accomplished much more in his career than Maradona ever did.

FiReFTW

Uh Maradona Seriously? Both aren't even the same type of Players lol. and not only that Xavi accomplished much more in his career than Maradona ever did.

What does type have to do with it? Its about who the better midfielder is, are you saying Xavi is a better player than Maradona?

Xavi certainly is the more accomplished player. But he can't dribble so maradona wins I guess.

Edit: Also Maradona wouldn't be considered a midfielder today, he'd be on the RW or as a False 9 most probably. Atleast if he played for Barca again.

Last edited:

Devils

Què lastima... :(

Now both of my Barça jerseys feature former Barça players now (Ronaldinho and Xavi).

I'm on the fence now with Al Sadd. Positives are he'll be able to coach us soon in 2-3 years. Back when Pep was still here, I always wanted Pep to stay until Xavi could be our next coach.

But I am disappointed that he'll have to support a very controversial World Cup and I wish he hadn't. The entire Qatar situation from how they got the bid to what they are doing to prepare is shady and bordering unethical. I know 30 million euros is a lot but it can't be about the money, he woulda made that much or at least close to it through sponsor deals in the MLS too.

This won't change how I view him tho. Legendary player, greatest Spanish MF of all time, top 3 MFs of all time period. We won't see a player of his class and calibre for a while.

It extends far beyond unethical, what they are doing is criminal.

Seven years is a long time and a lot can change. I hope Xavi finishes his playing days there, get's some coaching experience and then gets out before 2022.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I said he was the greatest Spanish MF of all time and one of the greatest world wide. Not an over exaggeration consiering Maradona never won a European Cup with Napoli or Barça. No comparison as far as titles goes. Both have a WC and were key to their teams victories and Maradona's club career in Europe pales in comparison to Xavi's.

I'd say Platini, Zidane, Pirlo, Matthaus are the players Xavi should be compared to. Pele and Maradona were great players but didn't test themselves enough against the best players in Europe like the modern SA greats have.

Obiaseti

It extends far beyond unethical, what they are doing is criminal.

Seven years is a long time and a lot can change. I hope Xavi finishes his playing days there, get's some coaching experience and then gets out before 2022.

Agreed. But anyway now it's time to re-watch Xavi highlights and sigh wistfully:cry:.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Did not follow him all his career, but man was that 2010 xavi something else, he made us all believe we could orchastrate the offense in our city league teams because of how easy he made it seem, even though in comparison we were 0.01% as good as him

Cannot express how true this is in my experience.

He made us all believe football was easy. What a player.

gatsu

Thank you for all legend.

Xavi: "Combine, pass, play, that is football , for me, at least "

What can you say more... Football summarized in few words... perfection! :worthy:

StarLord

I was thinking about Xavi's career ending and I thought that we should not be one bit sad about it.

He leaves Barca having won everything there is to win on all levels and multiple times. One of history's greatest ever players. Period. Not just midfielder and tags like that. One of the all time greats rides into the sunset like a hero.

Let's win the Treble to make his bowing out even more glorious!

Home of Barca Fans