Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

BerkeleyBernie

If this quote is true, It's solid gold. :lol: Apparently in an interview he talked about how he idolized Schuster and Pep, and then he said that he learned Pep's way of playing, his movements, vision etc. and internalized the approach to such an extent that even when he is in a restaurant, he prefers to sit with his back against the wall or a corner so that he has full vision of the space. :lol:

Original in Spanish:
http://www.elperiodico.com/es/noticias/deportes/taxi-recogia-4149636

Some highlights in English:
http://www.marca.com/en/2015/05/03/en/football/barcelona/1430688853.html

Last edited:

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Yeah sure. If you had a couple of Millions, your lifestyle would change completely and you would think about money differently. There is probably no difference between 100 Mil. and 105 Mil. (even there is one) but there is one between (let's say) 50 Mil. and another 50 Mil. that Xavi could earn somewhere.
I think he is a down to earth guy so is not spending his money on a ton of shoes, jewelry, parties and all that stuff but 50 Mil. more are 50 fucking Mil. more. You would never ever have to think about money again and could support things that you want to. Family, charity, an island or some shit where you can search for mushrooms the whole day (in Xavi's case). There is a difference.

No, there isn't rly.
It's just greed.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
No, there isn't rly.
It's just greed.

That's easy to say when you haven't experienced the situation and don't know how one's life can change when they go from poor to making good money.

A lot of footballers come from modest households, take care of their entire families once they make it, so that's one thing, buy your parents, siblings,etc .. an appartment, a car, medical stuff and you're down a couple millions already.

Plus, your lifestyle drastically changes when you're making that kind of money, you buy a house, a 2nd one for holidays, you start liking confort, go only to 5* hotels, Michelin restaurants (everyone loves good food ^^), may be even flying private (imagine xavi or messi in line at El Prat airport like regular civilians, that kind of harrasment can be difficult to handle), etc etc .. again, before you know it, you're down a few millions more over the years so you need to keep feeding your bank account to sustain that.

He's only 35, and has a unique opportunity to cash in one last time before retiring for good, and he has every right to take that chance, if I had to choose between retiring with 50M€ or retiring with 100M€, i'll choose a 100M€ too.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
That's easy to say when you haven't experienced the situation and don't know how one's life can change when they go from poor to making good money.

A lot of footballers come from modest households, take care of their entire families once they make it, so that's one thing, buy your parents, siblings,etc .. an appartment, a car, medical stuff and you're down a couple millions already.

Plus, your lifestyle drastically changes when you're making that kind of money, you buy a house, a 2nd one for holidays, you start liking confort, go only to 5* hotels, Michelin restaurants (everyone loves good food ^^), may be even flying private (imagine xavi or messi in line at El Prat airport like regular civilians, that kind of harrasment can be difficult to handle), etc etc .. again, before you know it, you're down a few millions more over the years so you need to keep feeding your bank account to sustain that.

He's only 35, and has a unique opportunity to cash in one last time before retiring for good, and he has every right to take that chance, if I had to choose between retiring with 50M€ or retiring with 100M€, i'll choose a 100M€ too.

You just described how greed works, lol.

Vlom

You can choose to see it as greed if you wish, to me Xavi would have been greedy if he had gone to Qatar or Russia at 30, or joined RM at his peak for a couple M€/yr more, Ronaldo9 for example was the epitome of greed, Xavi isn't, there's nothing wrong with wanting to sustain a certain level of comfort and assure your children and grand children can have a nice stressless life.

Last edited:

Alen

No, there isn't rly.
It's just greed.

Greed is not the word for it, he's not blinded by his thirst for money. If he was, he would've left earlier or you would've heard about his salary demands throughout his career. It's just good logical business.
You're seeing it this way and judging him because he's not doing what you want him to do.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
He's a multimillionaire willing to live separately from his family for some years or even worse take them with him to qatar, just for money.
All that while already being financially safe for like 3 generations after him.
I'd understand it if he was young or had gambled his money away but now? Pls.

Vlom

No one is financially safe for 3 generations with 50M, it depends on a lot of things ... again, you're not seing things from his point of view at all, and I can understand that for some people even 1M can seem like enough to live 10lifes, but it's not.

Also, Qatar is not Irak, pretty sure he and his family will have a more than OK life there, you make it sound like he's taking his kids to guantanamo.

And finally, being a fan of Messi apparently, you really should go soft on Xavi, he's nowhere near Messi in this regard.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
No one is financially safe for 3 generations with 50M, it depends on a lot of things ... again, you're not seing things from his point of view at all, and I can understand that for some people even 1M can seem like enough to live 10lifes, but it's not.

Also, Qatar is not Irak, pretty sure he and his family will have a more than OK life there, you make it sound like he's taking his kids to guantanamo.

And finally, being a fan of Messi apparently, you really should go soft on Xavi, he's nowhere near Messi in this regard.

I don't want to see things from his point of view, I couldn't be more clear about that. He(and you) are wrong, period.

As for the messi part, believe me I don't think he's made of rainbows. The fact that he negotiates an already ridiculous contract every 2nd season speaks volumes.

malvolio

image.axd

sure it's not xavi's case, but you get what i'm saying. if there is someone in this world that is willing to shower you with cash for doing what you have done all your life, than maybe it's worth it for 2-3 years. my issue with this would be the country/region. i would have chosen australia or usa. sure money would be less, but the culture and climate would be better i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans