Page 706 of 706 FirstFirst ... 206606656696704705706
Results 10,576 to 10,587 of 10587

Thread: Xavi HernŠndez

  1. #10576
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    21,133
    I deleted my post yesterday, but Xavi seem to be okay with bringing back close friends of his.

    As you can see, he tried to shy away from when questioned about Pique and Cesc whom he kept talking about when he was at Arsenal, Barca DNA, destined to play for Barca, deserves to play for a team like Barca etc.

    Cesc left for the same reason Mboula and Eric Garcia left, but he was a friend of Xavi so I guess different rules apply then.

    It's not that I disagree with Xavi, because it's a valid opinion. Paying a lot of money to bring back someone who left is a bitter pill to swallow, but I don't like the way he condemns certain players only. I'm only okay if a player comes back for cheap and is clearly a great player in a position we lack.

    One of the players was btw a client of Puyol who advised him to leave. Bartomeu then went on to ask Puyol if he gained something from making him leave Barca for which Puyol got angry. This was covered in MD, Sport, RAC1 last week.
    Last edited by DonAK; 13th July 2017 at 02:17 PM.

  2. #10577
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    6,730
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    I deleted my post yesterday, but Xavi seem to be okay with bringing back close friends of his.

    As you can see, he tried to shy away from when questioned about Pique and Cesc whom he kept talking about when he was at Arsenal, Barca DNA, destined to play for Barca, deserves to play for a team like Barca etc.

    Cesc left for the same reason Mboula and Eric Garcia left, but he was a friend of Xavi so I guess different rules apply then.

    It's not that I disagree with Xavi, because it's a valid opinion. Paying a lot of money to bring back someone who left is a bitter pill to swallow, but I don't like the way he condemns certain players only. I'm only okay if a player comes back for cheap and is clearly a great player in a position we lack.

    One of the players was btw a client of Puyol who advised him to leave. Bartomeu then went on to ask Puyol if he gained something from making him leave Barca for which Puyol got angry. This was covered in MD, Sport, RAC1 last week.
    tbf Xavi answer make it seem that he didn't agree with the Cesc & Pique thing but being within the club knowing coach and board wanted them and being their teammates he couldn't spoke about his opinion. I am not gonna hold him for that. May be he just changed his opinion too.

  3. #10578
    Senior Member
    BarcaOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,543
    out of curiosity, how long does an ex-barca player have to 'wait' (or be retired) to qualify for the barca legends team? man, i would love to see the likes of xavi, henry, etoo and ronaldinho play in a barca legends match
    peptastic

  4. #10579
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    12,342
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaOG View Post
    out of curiosity, how long does an ex-barca player have to 'wait' (or be retired) to qualify for the barca legends team? man, i would love to see the likes of xavi, henry, etoo and ronaldinho play in a barca legends match
    Dont think there is anything official about ages etc. Not that important.

  5. #10580
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    9,150
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    Xavi got a point from the club perspective, but tbh he isn't fair with those kids. Many of those are getting a financial offer that is hard to resist specially for their families who probably have more say in those kids decision.
    Hard to resist? OK. Nobody said being a Barca players is easy. It's about being confident enough to resist those easy temptations because deep down you know you're great and you're gonna play for Barca some day. Like the Barca legends had.
    @DonAK, Cesc and Pique made it no secret that they were still Blaugrana at their core. Cesc pushed really hard for a transfer from Arsenal with a more than fair fee, and Pique said as well at the time that when Barca wanted him back he was extatic.
    Last edited by serghei; 13th July 2017 at 10:11 PM.

  6. #10581
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    6,730
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Hard to resist? OK. Nobody said being a Barca players is easy. It's about being confident enough to resist those easy temptations because deep down you know you're great and you're gonna play for Barca some day. Like the Barca legends had.
    @DonAK, Cesc and Pique made it no secret that they were still Blaugrana at their core. Cesc pushed really hard for a transfer from Arsenal with a more than fair fee, and Pique said as well at the time that when Barca wanted him back he was extatic.
    At the age of 16 your parents most probably have a bigger say on where you are going to play than the player himself. If a parent is offered 1M guranteed for example for his kid, over a possibility of playing for Barca that may never come because of injury,what do you think they are gonna do? let's be realistic, if you can get a contract that can almost ensure you will be well endowed for the rest of life at the age of 16 you don't pass on it for something that may never happen. Massive respect for those who follows their dream but the others aren't mistaken from a player perspective. You have to respect both perspective tbh
    Last edited by khaled_a_d; 16th July 2017 at 01:31 AM.

  7. #10582
    Moderator
    El Flaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    9,255
    Quote Originally Posted by xXKonan View Post


    The rest of Xavi's interview with Sport in English.

  8. #10583
    Bojan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    24,091
    Blog Entries
    1
    He should stop being so greedy and return to Barcelona.

  9. #10584
    Moderator
    Galning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    16,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    He should stop being so greedy and return to Barcelona.
    He still doesn't have all coaching qualifications so there'd be no point.

  10. #10585
    Bojan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    24,091
    Blog Entries
    1
    And why does he not have those coaching qualifications? It's been 2 years and 3rd on it's way. He learned 0 in Qatar.
    Sorry. I do love him and regard him as mr. FC Barcelona but he really disappointed me with this Qatar shit.

  11. #10586
    Moderator
    Galning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    16,133
    I can't tell you the reason I also don't know how long it usually takes to go through all these courses. It's stupid already you now need that paper to become a coach.

  12. #10587
    Moderator
    El Flaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    9,255
    Xavi from an interview with The Tactical Room.


    Quotes taken from ESPNFC, Barcastuff_ & BarcaNewsForum


    - I think, in general, Barca became a bit complacent. I'm sure people thought: 'There's Puyol, Iniesta, Messi, Valdes, Pique, Pedro and Busquets are coming though. This is all going well. Surely every two years or so more players will come through, too.'

    - But it's not like that, that's not how things work. I learned to play in La Masia, not in the first team. The academy coaches have to develop players, they have to teach. Winning the youth league doesn't matter. You have to form players at that age. If you win, good, but it's not the objective.

    - The B team being in the second or third division doesn't matter. The main point is to develop players for a certain style of play. That's the priority.

    - The first question is: How many players have the ability to play for the first team? Right now, the answer's not positive. The B team's objective is to have 6, 8, even 10 players with the potential to go straight into the first team. Not 2 or 3.

    - The first team coach needs to rely on the full-back or the midfielder if players get injured. That's why there's an academy. And, in general, I think Barcelona have fallen asleep in that regard.

    - I liked how Valverde's Athletic played. It's clear he didn't have Iniesta or MSN at Athletic, but they were a daring team

    - (Valverde's Athletic) didn't bomb ball out of defense. His team pressed high, was aggressive & always made things difficult for us.

    - Athletic beat us in Spanish Supercup. I think Barća will play very well under Valverde & we'd see the game we used to w/ Pep & Tito.

    - Leaders of BarÁa dressing room are Iniesta, Busi, Leo, Mascherano & Pique. Valverde won't have a problem there. It's very healthy.

    - BarÁa dressing room is full of good people. It has always been this way, beyond the normal small issues that can arise in a group.

    - BarÁa dressing room is a good place, w/ winners, players who want to train & aren't lazy. They've been winning trophies for a decade

    - BarÁa players are still hungry and want to keep winning regardless of how many titles they have or how many Ballon d'Ors Messi has.

Tags for this Thread