Page 726 of 740 FirstFirst ... 226626676716724725726727728736 ... LastLast
Results 10,876 to 10,890 of 11089

Thread: Xavi Hernández

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    Your perception about simple facts is as faulty as your logical deduction.

Valverde with 5 league losses in 2 seasons of which 2 were after league was won: "record of failure".

Ole at United with 5 losses and 2 draws in his last 10 games alone last season, after the honeymoon period was over: "decent influence on the team".

Couldn't make it up.

No point discussing at this level when the truth is bended in such a fashion.

Key difference between Mourinho and Valverde: One fought with his own players, including the squad's star player, created a toxic environment as usual after 2 years so the squad stopped playing for him and enjoyed it when he was gone. Even no coach at all would have been an improvement at that point. The other is well liked by all his players.

You even went as far as judging another person's "personality" who lives thousands of miles away whose language you don't share and who you have only ever seen on TV or read some loosely translated Barcastuff Twitter quote snippets.

Shithousery all around.

Stick to throwing insults around in Internet forums because you can't comprehend other perspectives. You are in good company here anyway.
    >Comparing United's squad to Barca's

If Valverde managed United last year, they'd be in the championship right now. And I don't particularly rate Ole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best cm ever, no one comes close to him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    xavi is the best player in the world

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xavi manager will be interesting.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw Al Sadd won 7-1. Anyone watched some clips with Xavi's team, how they play?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring Xavi back home
    "At Barcelona, you’ll hear about this kid on the youth team. He wears number 10 like you. He’s small like you. He plays with the ball like you.[...]His name is Leo Messi.[...]I want you to give him one piece of advice.

Tell him, “Play with happiness. Play free. Just play with the ball.”

Even when you are gone, the free style will live on in Barcelona through Messi."

Ronaldinho Gaucho,to his 8 year old self

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    would love to see him back here but now is not the time imo.. he needs to come along after a big clearout of the seniors and raise the new age Barca

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a recent interview, very interesting as usual:

https://www.ara.cat/esports/Xavi-Her...312168823.html

Though some parts I don't like

Xavi, 39, is currently manager of Al-Sadd in Qatar. His side have won all three of their league fixtures this season, scoring 13 goals in the process and are in the semi-finals of the Asian Champions League.

“I don’t know if it will be a bridge to Barca,” he told Catalan newspaper Ara.

“The only thing that worries me now is doing well here, winning titles and making mistakes in some aspects to learn for the future.

“It wouldn’t be a problem [to manage former team-mates]. I know what Leo is like, and Luis [Suarez], Busquets, Jordi [Alba], [Gerard] Pique or Sergi [Roberto].

“I know how they train, their capacity for leadership, I can tell if they are sad or angry. I hope as a coach I could have three, five, eight or 10 players that I already knew and that I already had a good relationship with.

“[Messi] is a player who, if you convince him, he can even be a brilliant defender. He has physical and mental speed. He has everything. If you convince him to run, what will the others do? They will run twice as much.”

And this from google translate

How do you see the midfield of Barça?

Very powerful The other day I really liked Busquets, De Jong and Arthur. I also like Rakitic, Sergi Roberto, and at times Arturo Vidal, and Aleñá ... There are many options. I like Arthur so much because he does not lose balls and gives a lot of dynamics to the game. Maybe it's like me with 22 or 23 years old, who is missing last pass, but I'll end up doing it. Then, De Jong is amazing. He dominates everything, defense and attack, and when he starts it's like Rakitic. And Busquets is Busquets.

What do you see from Jong?

I see it from interior rather than pivot. Al Busi would not touch him. Leaving aside the friendship that I have, he alone dominates the game. The criterion he has is brutal. The vigilance he does, the second balls he recovers. It's a pass. He would not touch it much further than a rotation.

What is missing from the trio Busquets - Arthur-De Jong?

The team needs to be involved. I have a rule: if everyone works, there is no defensive problem. Last year, Busquets was criticized, that he did not arrive, and Rakitic, who was out. And it is a matter of defensive sacrifice. This year, if everyone runs the meters they have to race, this trio will dominate the game. But if the attackers do not work so much for the group, we will suffer. And we would suffer with three Davids, three Casemiros or three Makeleles. It would happen like the day of Liverpool, that you did not dominate the game.

This is why I don't want Xavi here currently.
    May be 3-5 years from now, but currently we need someone who clean the squad from the old guard. He will still build the midfield around Busquets. And likely things would be too complicated for him to kick some of the older players out.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    This is why I don't want Xavi here currently.
    May be 3-5 years from now, but currently we need someone who clean the squad from the old guard. He will still build the midfield around Busquets. And likely things would be too complicated for him to kick some of the older players out.
    I think he is very much spot on in everything he says, especially the part about attackers having to work more and not leave it down to the midfielders to do all the defending almost. That part is a big reason for our failures.

And he is right that Busi has been suffering the most post Pep because he was and still is mostly isolated at DM.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bit about making Messi run more shows Xavi is unlikely to have authority and leadership problems. Leadership + knowledge + selfcritical attitude + social skills (patience, empathy, charisma etc) is the recipe for great success as a manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Media in Serbia announce him as manager:

There is no humiliating defeat that can have me fired!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would love to see him back, but now is not the time. Don't think he is ready for it.

Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know one thing. He would turn FDJ and Arthur into pantheon greats.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have zero doubt in my mind that Xavi would be a Rolls Royce managerial wise compared to our current Lada in Malmierda. Anyone who is even doubting that is not worth wasting your time with.

Xavi is spot on in that Ara interview as well.
    Bartomeu Dimissió!

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I support Xavi as manager no matter what, 100%. I have faith in his football vision, and everything else can be built upon if there is that granite foundation.

This is the type of risk we need to take. Guardiolas, Xavis, men with vision and passion, and an ideal that they aspire and work hard to reach. Not the likes of fucking Valverde, who drain the joy out of watching football.
    Last edited by serghei; 23rd September 2019 at 05:02 PM.