Page 704 of 704 FirstFirst ... 204604654694702703704
Results 10,546 to 10,556 of 10556

Thread: Xavi HernŠndez

Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    He fell a level in my eyes for staying there and staying so long. He had better options for developing his future coaching career but he obviously picked money instead.
    Xavi spent 25 years of his life at La Masia, he knows everything about Barcelona as club, he went through all the tutoring available during this time. In other words - he doesn't need and want to go through the ranks again. We know his ultimate goal is to coach Barcelona, but obviously that will be in the post-Messi era. I don't see Xavi returning to the club in the next few years (as much as I want to) just to coach the cadet teams. He needs greater experience, the least being at helm of Barca B squad.
    Last edited by Windhook; Today at 10:06 AM.
    "Playing football is very simple, but playing simple football is the hardest thing there is.Ē

Johan Cruyff

Quote Originally Posted by Messi View Post
    Well Iīm a big fan of his so I am not impartial :-) Anyway just want to point out that maybe it is just that he likes it there.
    I like to think that at this point money is not the prime motivation.
    Bojan is convinced Doha is close to a shithole lol. Probably a safer place to be than Paris at this point.

Mountain Mystic
    Quote Originally Posted by Origami View Post
    Bojan is convinced Doha is close to a shithole lol. Probably a safer place to be than Paris at this point.
    I know a woman who worked at the UN there. She left early and depressed. 90% of people aren't even citizens.
    Qatari citizenry stands at about 250,000, and deserves a fair amount of praise for being able to accomplish so many things with such small numbers.
    Financing worldwide islamism, destabilizing the middle-east, buying FIFA, buying toy clubs, building phallic skyscrapers.
    way more thicker apparantly

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    lol What's "safe" got to do with anything? Prisons are safe too.

It's a social, cultural, natural shithole. You know everything that makes us humans. And it's everything opposite what Barca and Xavi used to standard for.

Quote Originally Posted by TornAndFrayed View Post
    I know a woman who worked at the UN there. She left early and depressed. 90% of people aren't even citizens.
    Qatari citizenry stands at about 250,000, and deserves a fair amount of praise for being able to accomplish so many things with such small numbers.
    Financing worldwide islamism, destabilizing the middle-east, buying FIFA, buying toy clubs, building phallic skyscrapers.
    I am pretty sure social economy is a mess and corruption is an issue. But as a western tourist or expat, how much danger are you exposed to?
    I am hearing a lot of positive stories from western expats and tourists(including their wives).
    Last edited by Origami; Today at 10:55 AM.

lol What's "safe" got to do with anything? Prisons are safe too.

It's a social, cultural, natural shithole. You know everything that makes us humans. And it's everything opposite what Barca and Xavi used to standard for.
    Go two pages back where you criticized my post for calling it a safe place for Xavi.

If you have issues with Xavi being there from a moral standpoint, then sure you have a case. But you would have for most of the options Xavi could pick from.

Xavi is a celebrity in Qatar, he is safe. Also the Qatari local population is rich enough not to think about doing some terrorist act in their own country. Other than that it is a shithole.

The main problem is Saudi Arabia with it's filthy rich royal family and absolutely poor and uneducated population, now that's easy to brainwash.
    "Playing football is very simple, but playing simple football is the hardest thing there is.Ē

Johan Cruyff

Mountain Mystic
    I am pretty sure social economy is a mess and corruption is an issue. But as a western tourist or expat, how much danger are you exposed to?
    I am hearing a lot of positive stories from western expats and tourists(including their wives).
    Oh, given the population disparity, I suppose the qataris have done a good job at insulating themselves from the plebeians. Just don't get ***** if you're a woman, you might get punished for it.

If you're a plebeian though ? Better sleep with one eye open.
    way more thicker apparantly

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    It's not about being safe. He is in a country that finances extremism and terrorism across the globe. Hundred miles from my city too. It's serious stuff.

It's not about being safe. He is in a country that finances extremism and terrorism across the globe. Hundred miles from my city too. It's serious stuff.
    Then your comment makes more sense because figuratively as well literally it hits much closer to home for you.

Managing Qatar is such a waster of time. They won't even qualify for the world cup and will never be relevant in world football.

He should finish his playing career and then go manage Barca youth. At least there he would be able to show some managerial abilities.
    Puyol #5