Xavi Hernández

F

Flavia

Lost some respect for him when I saw what he said about Messi. He should have known what it would lead to, endless headlines and speculations. Not cool, Xavi, not cool.
What did he say about Messi?

Cule4life

The Culest
I wonder if he can overtake Maldini's number, 902 app for ac millan.
It's my dream :wub:
One important factor is how long he plays for Spain. Maldini retired from Internationals at 34. Xavi will be 34 in 2014 world cup. But even if he retires after the world cup internationally it'll hard.
I believe Messi has the best chance of getting close to Maldini if he plays till 36 or more which i believe will be a cakewalk for him :)

Galning

Xavi: "I don't agree with Spanish education reform. It's a bad idea to force us not to talk Catalan. We want our language to be respected."

Like a Xavi :worthy:

M

Malappapper

He is played way too much for my liking. OK, he is a bit conservative with his approach, but still, he is 33 and has played almost a 1000 games at the highest level in his career. Shame that Cesc got injured, because he could do with some rest.

That is why I want to see more rotation between Xavi/Iniesta/Cesc, so that none of them burns out when the really big games do come up. I would even use Thiago and Song in the easiest games in order to protect the 3, and especially Xavi (due to his age)

Cule4life

The Culest
He is played way too much for my liking. OK, he is a bit conservative with his approach, but still, he is 33 and has played almost a 1000 games at the highest level in his career. Shame that Cesc got injured, because he could do with some rest.

That is why I want to see more rotation between Xavi/Iniesta/Cesc, so that none of them burns out when the really big games do come up. I would even use Thiago and Song in the easiest games in order to protect the 3, and especially Xavi (due to his age)
+1
This is why i'm angry at tito for moving iniesta to the wings to put cesc in the middle. Xavi cesc and iniesta together is overkill. This can cause burnout

X

xaviniesta

some of the things he does in midfield are simply unbelivable. every pass, every move, every twist and turn are always well calculated. his dribbling and running with the ball is very underrated i think. he manipulates witht the defenders so well and always finds the perfect solution. i think maestro describes his game the best.

[video=metacafe;9553161/xavi/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9553161/xavi/[/video]

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
some of the things he does in midfield are simply unbelivable. every pass, every move, every twist and turn are always well calculated. his dribbling and running with the ball is very underrated i think. he manipulates witht the defenders so well and always finds the perfect solution. i think maestro describes his game the best.

[video=metacafe;9553161/xavi/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9553161/xavi/[/video]

Also his movement off the ball. Making himself available for his teammates.

Nice vid :)

GiantKiller

My 100th post.:blush: I was considering to have my 100th in the Dons' thread instead. Torn. :(

Oh well, guess it'll have to be the 200th one. :D

Home of Barca Fans