David Luiz

desoe

Well, Di Maria is younger aswell.

Age should not be decisive. We already have a bunch of talented youngsters, considered as future worldbeaters, right now we need someone who could made an immediate impact on the left wing.

If I have to choose between someone proven in La Liga as Robinho and someone who'll be an absolute mistery as Di Maria, I'd choose Rob. Not just because he's more talented and skillful, but how I said - because we won't have to wait until we see him stepping up an strengthens our LW, which sux right now.

Plus, 26 is a great age, the perfect age. It means you buy a complete player and that's what we need for LW right now. An immediate impact.

desoe

His last season, which means that he was going into positive direction, I guess. Anyway, even if he was not really the most convincing player in La Liga during his time there, I'd always pick him up instead of Di Maria. At least, I know what he could do when he's on fire. About Di Maria, I don't know anything. Many players would look as WPOTY material in Portugal.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
His last season, which means that he was going into positive direction, I guess. Anyway, even if he was not really the most convincing player in La Liga during his time there, I'd always pick him up instead of Di Maria. At least, I know what he could do when he's on fire. About Di Maria, I don't know anything. Many players would look as WPOTY material in Portugal.

Well as someone who is relieved people have finally accepted the truth about Quaresma I do agree attackers thriving in Portugal isn't an accomplishment in itself, but Di Maria has been equally promising for Argentina and was the stand-out player in an Olympic team featuring Messi and Riquelme. Robinho is more proven yes, but he also comes with a lot more baggage.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
I'd never heard of David Luiz until buying him on FM a couple days ago. After a dreadful start where he was useless he's now superb and the rock my Sevilla defence. On that basis, he'd be a top signing for Barca :D

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I'd never heard of David Luiz until buying him on FM a couple days ago. After a dreadful start where he was useless he's now superb and the rock my Sevilla defence. On that basis, he'd be a top signing for Barca :D

Welcome to the bandwagon. :lol:

Co0ter

Age should not be decisive. We already have a bunch of talented youngsters, considered as future worldbeaters, right now we need someone who could made an immediate impact on the left wing.

If I have to choose between someone proven in La Liga as Robinho and someone who'll be an absolute mistery as Di Maria, I'd choose Rob. Not just because he's more talented and skillful, but how I said - because we won't have to wait until we see him stepping up an strengthens our LW, which sux right now.

Plus, 26 is a great age, the perfect age. It means you buy a complete player and that's what we need for LW right now. An immediate impact.

Robinho has proven himself to be an outstanding player...but he only shows up when he feels like it. That isn't the Barca attitude and we DONT need a complete player right now...we did that with Henry and he had a bad first season, one good season and now what?! A player that good and young is a perfect buy imo. Benfica might ask too much for him tho b/c he's great and they know it. I heard a rumor Man City wants Marquez, if we could ship his ass over with a very little cash for Robinho I wouldn't mind cuz he's still 26. But as in investment for the long haul, in order- Pato, Di Maria, Silva.

J

jayjay

1%2BIC.jpg

I guess he is trying to get that trademark hair.
Here's the last Benfica game I got to watch:
1st half: http://www.megavideo.com/?d=IX6W6ZM3
2nd: http://www.megavideo.com/?d=LW4QDM0O

He goes forward so well, what a young bulldozer!!

V

Valon

I've officially named him Young Puyol.

Now.

This guy! This is the guy!

Cue Meta.

:D

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I've officially named him Young Puyol.

Now.

This guy! This is the guy!

Cue Meta.

:D

I did it long time back. When I got the first scouting report I said about him... Imagine Puyi himself only made younger, taller & faster :D

Home of Barca Fans