Women's football

I wonder who will win this one, the Germany team does not look as imposing is they have done in previous years and also they are going through sort of a transitional period

Eetu

Adormit
Yeah. Scoreline was justified and difference in quality immense. There were positives after the initial shock of Sweden's tempo and before them running out of legs and I'm happy to walk away with those. Moving on from group-stage still possible with a win against Denmark.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Anyone watching the current World Cup? Japan is playing some wonderful Barca football.

[YOUTUBE]wFjAuC5a4r4[/YOUTUBE]

Ramona has some sick skills. Better than me xD

She was awesome in this World Cup, probably the only player (and occasionally Lady Andrade) who made some dribbles. This video is not that special though, I've kept this move up for like a minute and a half before I collapsed because of the disorientation. This move kinda does has the same effect:

[gfy]ElderlyWarpedHarpyeagle[/gfy]

footyfan

Calma, calma
The standard of goalkeeping and defending is quite poor, but I think the technical quality of the teams has improved since 2011. Too many players still have shite first touches though, so still a lot of progress necessary. The good thing about this World Cup is that most of the teams play passing football and there is almost no physical battle at all, which means everyone has a lot of time on the ball and the game is a lot more open.

StarLord

USA vs Germany tonight for the semis of the Women's World Cup.

US ladies are quite impressive in the way they play and I expect them to win against a Germany that were very fortunate to eliminate France in the quarters.

Barcadub

England 1-1 against defending champions Japan.

A penalty a piece.

Hope England do it. USA-England final would be a great occasion.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
saw an awful piece of play earlier when a player tried to pass back to the keeper but it turned into a corner for japan.

Home of Barca Fans