Women's football

Leo_Messi

[youtube]c7v0garLWsg[/youtube]

:worthy:

CD Tacón will turn into Real Madrid femenino from next season on if the Real Madrid socios approve of a female football section.

https://okdiario.com/deportes/flore...ipo-femenino-que-tanta-demanda-tenido-4551788

Anyway reaching the Champions League final for the first time (first team from Spain to do it as well) last season was a great achievement but the team should really have won the league in the last 2 seasons and had the record of most league wins (6) considering us having the largest budget in the league.

Honestly speaking, I think that I have watched (combined across several games) 1 full game in total to date. I never could watch more than 10 minutes at one time. The level is just too pathetic for me to spend 2 hours on watching women football. Don't think it will ever become a big (global) thing to the extend that you will mark dates on your calendar and say prefer watching Barça Femení over some top game in men's football. Can't imagine that ever happening.

BTW mate, can you change the thread title to Barça Femení/Women football?

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

Honestly speaking, I think that I have watched (combined across several games) 1 full game in total to date. I never could watch more than 10 minutes at one time. The level is just too pathetic for me to spend 2 hours on watching women football. Don't think it will ever become a big (global) thing to the extend that you will mark dates on your calendar and say prefer watching Barça Femení over some top game in men's football. Can't imagine that ever happening.

Careful mate, the feminists will have you!

I watched about 20 minutes of the Women's World Cup, think it was England vs USA (So semi final, standard meant to be higher) and the quality of football was so poor, constant mistakes. English League 2 is levels above but the female players ask why they aren't getting paid as much as the men lol

Interesting vid showing the female's are technically getting overpaid:

[youtube]xw8SapT5XwA[/youtube]

Leo_Messi

Careful mate, the feminists will have you!

I watched about 20 minutes of the Women's World Cup, think it was England vs USA (So semi final, standard meant to be higher) and the quality of football was so poor, constant mistakes. English League 2 is levels above but the female players ask why they aren't getting paid as much as the men lol

Interesting vid showing the female's are technically getting overpaid:

[youtube]xw8SapT5XwA[/youtube]

Don't get me started.:lol:

Luckily, for the time being, Spain and Southern Europe as a whole, is not as infested with feminism as Northern and Western Europe is. Scandinavia is taking the piss in this regard for all the negative reasons IMO.

Women should have the same legal rights as men and be afforded the same opportunities IF good enough. The quota thing and other nonsense is beyond belief. Relates to the degeneracy/erosion of European/Western civilization as I see it but that is part of another long and complicated discussion that is better left for another forum altogether and not this one, lol.

I don't think League 2 is inferior, rather superior. More like relegation fodder in the Conference League, I think.:lol: If that can do it.

Last edited:

Messi983

Barça has played on this "pitch" in Huelva... :rolleyes:

[tw]1183466336263049217[/tw]

img_femartinez_20191013-104913_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_cesped_4_7_943958698-kRKI-U479499547804BB-980x554@MundoDeportivo-Web.JPG

They've still won 1-0 and thankfully there were no injuries.

[tw]1183428782427906049[/tw]

Next game is in the UWCL round of 16 on Thursday against Minsk. Return leg will be played in two weeks.

EGCA2UlWsAAoYuO.jpg

Messi983

5-0 win against Minsk. Also missed a penalty and they could've easily scored 10 goals if they wouldn't slowed down in 2nd half.

[youtube]uT-S6SO-utE[/youtube]

Messi983

The team looks dominant this season in La Liga Iberdrola. 31 points from 11 games (5 points above Atletico Madrid) with 46-4 goal difference. I think they should comfortably win the 5th league title and first one since 2015. There is a derby against Espanyol tomorrow though they are last on the table with just 2 points so it should be a derby only on paper.

In the UWCL quarter finals we're playing against Atletico in March/April next year and then if we progress against the winner between Glasgow and Wolfsburg. So there is a possible re-match with Lyon in the final again. Would be good to see if they've learned something from this year's defeat and how much they've progressed in one year. It's still a long way until there though.

Messi983

This team is really amazing and fun to watch.

14 straight wins in Liga Iberdrola, last week we beat CD Tacon 6-0 (in total 15-1 in two games against a future Real Madrid team :lol:) and today we won against Rayo who is the only team who managed to take 2 points away from us earlier this season. 65 goals scored so averaging more than 4 goals/game and have only conceded 6 goals in 16 games.

Lieke Martens has returned from injury but now Caroline Graham Hansen is out so we still haven't seen how they would work together on the field with Jenni Hermoso. Asisat Oshoala is also scoring for fun.

We're 10 points ahead of Atletico (they have one game less) and play them away next week. If we win (possibly even a draw would be enogh) I don't think anyone can take a title away from us so we could concentrate on the UWCL (as mentioned in my previous post our next opponent there is Atletico in quarter-finals) and Copa de la Reina.

Messi983

Yeah, most likely but I think the game should be a lot closer than last year if we'll play against them in the final.

Messi983

Well, at least our ladies can beat Atletico. They are qualified for Supercopa final after a 3-2 win and will play against Sociedad on Sunday for the first (but surely not the last ;)) title of the season.

Nice first goal by Patri. Also, love to see Lieke Martens back.

[youtube]b_kF1jqNeU4[/youtube]

[tw]1225729470960689152[/tw]

Home of Barca Fans