Women's football

impeh

Hi, its me..
watched the england game yesterday, went out on penalties to the french :icon_neutral:
we're not good from the spot :D

Thenn watched the germany game, they looked quite good imo, somehow lost to japan.. dominated the game really just couldnt finish.

Kinda sucked.

barcafc

watched the France vs England game, nice game..
watching now Brasil vs USA. first half US winning 1-0 own goal by Daiane... thats a good match to watch

Last edited:

impeh

Hi, its me..
brazil out on penalties, so its a USA vs France semi.

was a controversial game, then USA made it 2-2 in the 122nd minute i think or something crazy.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Exciting end to US vs Brasil...But typical Yankee post match comments that came off as the usual jingoistic drivel - just show your enthusiasm on the victory

veryfatchocobo

That match was sooooooooooo biased towards Brazil it wasn't even funny minus the og. ................. Brazil offsides goal, PK crap on Hope Solo which was wrongly called, and the Brazil keeper having an unbelievably ref no-show on her runs towards the pk'er BEFORE THE SHOT. Sorry Brazil fans, but it was a f***** disgrace. - Drogba

P

PhilS

That match was sooooooooooo biased towards Brazil it wasn't even funny minus the og. ................. Brazil offsides goal, PK crap on Hope Solo which was wrongly called, and the Brazil keeper having an unbelievably ref no-show on her runs towards the pk'er BEFORE THE SHOT. Sorry Brazil fans, but it was a f***** disgrace. - Drogba

Not the best reffed game, but the mistakes went both ways. The ref missed the blatant intentional hand ball that should have sent off Lange early in the second half.

According to my newspaper, the disallowed penalty kick was not because of the keeper. An American entered the restriced area before the shot.

I thought the fans booing Marta was low class. Great strikers draw penalties, she deserved full credit for that first Brazil goal. Her second goal was as good as any you ever see in the men's game, as was the final U.S. goal.

The Americans won because of the strengths they have always shown. Great athleticism (Hope Solo) and superb conditioning allowed them to beat a clearly more skilled team.

BerkeleyBernie

The Americans won because of the strengths they have always shown. Great athleticism (Hope Solo) and superb conditioning allowed them to beat a clearly more skilled team.

From what I've seen, France is the most "Barça" of the teams in the tournament- excellent technical control, possession, freedom to overlap positions. Fun to watch. I'm hoping they'll trounce USA and give a true reflection of their current football skills.

Sweden is boring-ass football. A France-Japan final could be entertaining. Right now, my money is on France taking the whole thing.

Home of Barca Fans