What sports teams do you support/follow and why?

Der Kaiser

Football: Barca, Mainz05 because of my dad and Hertha BSC Berlin because it´s my local team.

NBA: Denver Nuggets because of the way they play and used to be a fan of the 76ers because of Allen Iverson, now they are just sad to watch :(.

I also enjoy watching the Klitschkos in boxing and Sebastian Vettel in Formula 1.

Sergio

Sergison
Football:

A.C. Milan
Brera
F.B.C. Unione Venezia, formerly S.S.C. Venezia, formerly A.C. Venezia (it has been a painful relationship)
Deportivo La Coruña
Hibernian
Lugano

F1: La Scuderia

Cycling: Fabian Cancellara/SaxoBank

Sailing: Luna Rossa, formerly Compagnia Della Vela di Venezia (there is a theme here)

X

xaviniesta

Football: Barcelona ( Spain, Chile, Udinese )
Basketball: Denver Nuggets

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Football: FC Barcelona and PSV Eindhoven
Golf: McIlroy, McDowell and ofcourse Woods (+ Dutch golfers)
Formula 1: Vettel, Alonso and Raikkonen
Extreme Sports: Skateboarding(no preference, but watch especially the X Games, Dew Tour and Street League) and Snowboarding(mostly Olympics and X Games)
Fighting: Dutch kick/thaiboxers and the Klitschko brothers

hellsangel1

My affiliations are more player based rather than team based and I appreciate and respect athletes who are great in their field but I'm not a bandwagoner. For example, in baseball I hate the New York Yankees but i really respect Mariano Rivera and I try to watch him every opportunity I get,because you know he's someone special.

Football : Barca obviously but I also grew up supporting AC Milan and it's also a club that i like because Paolo Maldini was my favourite player growing up. I hate the EPL and always root against the English teams in the Champions League but I have a soft spot for Arsenal because they played a more passing, attractive style of football plus they had Bergkamp who I really admired.

American Football : Started watching this sport more recently. I really like the Greenbay Packers and Aaron Rodgers is my favourite player. The New Orleans Sainst are also pretty fun to watch. I like to watch the quarterback position because it's one of the most difficult position in all of sports and to watch the great quarterbacks apply their craft is a real treat. Don't like the New England Patriots and actively root against them.

Baseball : Have a soft spot for the New York Mets but i'm not a big fan of any single team. Like to watch certain players like Chipper Jones, Robinson Cano, Miguel Cabrera and also great pitchers (Roy Halladay,Felix Hernandez,Justin Verlander,Mariano). Really hate the Yankees.

Boxing : Big fan of Roberto Duran, James Toney, Bernard Hopkins, Marco Antonio Barerra,Mike Mccallum, Juan Manuel Marquez and several others. I don't watch this sport much anymore because most of my favourite fighters have either retired or a shadow of their former selves and none of the younger fighters really interest me.

Tennis : Tennis has become a little bit too one-dimensional at the moment for me. Grew up admiring Edberg and Agassi. Also like Federer, Safin, Nalbandian and Tommy Haas. I don;t know if i'll still follow this sport as much as i do now once Federer retires.

NBA : Grew up as a Chicago Bulls and Michael Jordan fan and still support the team. Later on, I really liked the Sacramento Kings and forever hate the Lakers after what happened in the conference finals in 2002. Despise Kobe Bryant as well but some how have great respect for his game.

Used to watch F1 but i've lost interest over the years.Used to also follow cricket but it's become too batsmen-oriented and really predictable. I became a fan during the prime years of Wasim and Waqar but i absolutely have no interest in the sport anymore and am absolutely sick with the corruption and match-fixing surrounding Pakistan cricket.

K

kingleo

Football - Barca and Chelsea (because of my brother)
Boxing - Manny Pacquiao, Miguel Cotto, Canelo Alvarez, Andre Ward and David Haye
Tennis - Rafa Nadal and Ana Ivanovic ;)
NBA - LA Lakers! can't wait to see Kobe, Howard, Nash, Gasol and Artest (Metta) also the Croatian Womens Basketball team! (Antonija Misura) ;)
F1 - Alonso and Vettel
WWE - CM Punk, The Rock, Santino and The Miz

M

mitkoa7x

Football - Barca and Chelsea (because of my brother)
Boxing - Manny Pacquiao, Miguel Cotto, Canelo Alvarez, Andre Ward and David Haye
Tennis - Rafa Nadal and Ana Ivanovic ;)
NBA - LA Lakers! can't wait to see Kobe, Howard, Nash, Gasol and Artest (Metta) also the Croatian Womens Basketball team! (Antonija Misura) ;)
F1 - Alonso and Vettel
WWE - CM Punk, The Rock, Santino and The Miz

No way anyone would take you seriously after that one :lol:

K

kingleo

No way anyone would take you seriously after that one :lol:

why? I have to watch them every week because of my brother! i wouldn't call myself a supporter i just prefer Chelsea to any other English team!

La LL

Generally Delightful
Football: Barca (club), Denmark (national team. WC and EC), Argentina (Copa America and if Denmark gets kicked out in WC).

Tennis: Djokovic, Nadal, Federer (don't make me choose)

Boxing: Mikkel Kessler... back in the day... before his family came out of some nasty dungeon and polluted his image.

American Football: Oakland Raiders (although I also like the Vikes and the Steelers)

Basketball: Toronto Raptors. Was probably the first sports team I was a fan of ever since I got a Raptors shirt at the age of five. I've been a lackluster fan and I hardly ever watch basketball but I feel like I should start.

La LL

Generally Delightful
American Football is getting quite popular in Denmark these days. No one plays it but they're showing NFL on channels 3+, 6 and 9 every sunday night. I still don't understand exactly how they schedule games. I find it hard to catch the Raiders.

And thank God for Lingerie Football.

Home of Barca Fans