What sports teams do you support/follow and why?

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Henman was a weak, spineless toff that excited middle England. Lame duck of a competitor.

That's a harsh, but wholly justifiable description.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
What's wrong with being a "toff" and exciting middle England? Nothing. I don't think he can be seen as all that weak and spineless either given how he spent pretty much his whole career in the top 15 of world tennis.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
He choked or crumbled at every opportunity. The whole housewives shouting for Tiger Tim was beyond cringeworthy.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
He wasn't good enough, how many times did he ever lose to somebody he really should have beaten? Not that many. At Wimbledon he nearly always went out to the eventual winner.

V

Valon

Come on peps don't go too much off-topic. :D

There's a tennis topic there isn't it? :p

Beast

The Observer
Football : Apart from main Real M ,there is teams i follow and watch when Real are not playing some of them for family reasons L'OM in Ligue 1 , Inter in Serie A and Spurs in the EPL ..
would watch Ajax or B Munich if none of the above are playing but that's rarity

other sports :
I'm nostalgic so i stopped watching some sports due to the level around the sport itself these days
but back in the days when there was a higher level
Tennis : Stephan Edberg stopped watching Tennis after he retired except on rare occasions as in stuck @ someone place and he is putting a game on .
Basketball : used to be lackers after the great American generation of Magic Johnson,Charles,Jordan,Larry..etc all retired i lost interest in the sport
Bridge : i'm a player and i enjoy playing it any time any where when there is good teams available .
Poker & black jack : well i was born in Monaco , a must

Guardian

if I have to name only one name per a sport, then this is my list:

Football: Levski Sofia
Tennis: Roger Federer, the most talented tennis player ever, no doubt.
Hockey: Pittsburgh Penguins, loved that team of Lemieux and the Czech furia Jagr
Basketball: LA Lakers because of my first video game as Kareem Abdul Jabbar was the only player you can distinguish at 286 processor
Volleyball: Trentino Volley Italy, because of the mighty BG trio there: Kaziyski, Nikolov (he left) and Stoychev
Handball: THW Kiel, was big fan of Karabatic and that amazing keeper Omeyer. Karabatic left for Montpellier.
Snooker: Marc Selby, the jester of Leicester.
Rugby: I don't follow this sport, but I love New Zealand's haka

Does sex count as a sport?

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
footie: Hajduk Split, Barca and Liverpool the most :D Also like Ajax, Sporting, Hapoel T'aviv and Palmeiras

I'm nostalgic so i stopped watching some sports due to the level around the sport itself these days
but back in the days when there was a higher level
Tennis : Stephan Edberg stopped watching Tennis after he retired except on rare occasions as in stuck @ someone place and he is putting a game on .
Basketball : used to be lackers after the great American generation of Magic Johnson,Charles,Jordan,Larry..etc all retired i lost interest in the sport

I can't believe how simmilar i feel, for most of those sports i wouldn't say i lost interest but after some sportsmen retired and some new time came i felt it's not the same.

tennis: Loved Stefan Edberg so muchhh and his best ever placed 1st voley :D, d never forget 1991 when ex Yugoslavia played with Sweden in DC and his autograph(yeah girls dream:)), i trained tennis myself at that time so was pretty much into it and his duels with Ivan Lendl and Boris Becker .... loved that generation - baseball kicker Courier, pistol Pete, most talented player ever Agassi, deadly boring base line guy Chang, bum bum Becker, ace man Ivanisevic, Stich, Kraicek, Korda, Bruguera, the Woodies and many many more as well as in woman tennis moaning Seles, great legs Steffi, net play Navratilova, borring Mary Joe Fernandez, quick Arantxa Sanchez, miss tennis Sabatini etc etc ... ahhh those times just bring joy and memories :) Nowdays i don't even know to name top 10 players with new lists and lack of individualism.

basketball: used to be Bulls fan with Jordan, Pippen and Kukoc playing there and their duels with Suns and flying teddy bear Charles Barkley, also remembering Magic, Bird, Longlyy, Ewing, Robinson, Oakley etc .... although my dearest player ever was our Drazen Petrovic who was tragicaly killed in car accident in times where he started to play few seasones in NBA, who knows where his end d be ... after his death and olimpic silver medal in Barcelona 1992 our basketball went into disaster

formula 1: also nostalgic for Senna times and his duels with Prost and Mansell, later liked
Villeneuve and today Kubica

ice hockey: Ottawa Senators, although i also like Mighty ducks of Anaheim(lol this sounds so royal) especially from the times of Paul Kariya, Penguins r fine too hehe although sometiems i like them and sometimes they piss me off :D

american football: New England Patriots, but am stil learning the game itself, started to like them when they sadly lost from Giants in final altough had all the wins during the season 2 years ago and d be nice record if they won the SB

what else, hmmm i like handball, skiing, waterpolo, well sports that r important here and in which we r good :D

Last edited:
American football - Dallas Cowboys, I remember watching them when I was younger when they had Aikman, Smith, and Irvin. Those were very talented teams, but I do live near a bunch of Bears fans, so they are growing on me, a little bit. New England Patriots are entertaining also, amazing how their coach was considered terrible at one time and can find a player like Tom Brady and develop him into a superstar and 3 time superbowl champion. Patriots are a model NFL franchise.

Ice hockey - Detroit Red Wings, Yzerman is my favorite player and I have always admired his play. Red Wings are the model NHL franchise.

Last edited:

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
Football:
1.Barcelona- I've been a barca fan literally since birth and that ain't gonna change.
2.Manchester City- Been a man City fan since i was six back wheh they were crap now i'm enjoying our golden age.
3. Leeds United-Most of my family support Leeds so i do too from time to time.
Tottenham Hotspur- Lived in London for most of my life and i've been to more Tottenham games than any other of the teams i support.
4.Leyton Orient - I can't explain it i just love leyton.
5.Queensland Roar - When i was living in Brisbane i had the pleasure of seeing them play and they didn't disappoint.
Melbourne Victory- I lived in Melbourne also and i so more of the victory and i loved the atmosphere at the games, great club.

Tennis:
1.Roger Federer- He the greatest base liner that ever lived best pure ball striker that ever was.
Joe Wilfred Tsonga-The new line of tennis player big strong and powerful my joint 1st favorite player.
Arthur Ashe- Played a new type of tennis that no one had ever seen which was predominantly from the back of the court which was unheard of in those days.
2.Mario Ancic - Had to go through a lot to get back to playing tennis at the highest level evn after that he didn't stop he became a lawyer while recovering from a long term layoff.
3.Gael Monfils Another super start of the game who gets under your skin a defensive counter puncher who can mix it up with a little bit of old school to creat sexy tennis.

NFL:
New Orleans Saints- I'm a Reggie Bush fan for more reasons than one if u know what i mean. lol

NBA:
Phoenix Suns- Always the forgotten team but they can actually play some ball been a fan since 2005 for no apparent reason.

MLB:

LA Angels- My auntie used to send me Angels caps every year, then i actually got to se them play and iv'e been hooked ever since

Home of Barca Fans