Arda Turan

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No, Enrique did not reveal anything like he specifially told Arda not to foul before he entred the game.

Lucho post match:

“The instructions were very clear: don’t commit fouls, especially when Madrid players have their backs to goal,” he said in his postgame press conference.

“A manager’s orders are clear and concise.”

Losing 2 points against Real is very much expected.

:facepalm:

Messi983

I'm wondering for how long his "haters" will continue to blame Arda's foul against RM for two lost points. But noone is hating Suarez or Messi for not scoring sitters that would win us the game before that foul happened.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, if it wasn't for Messi we'd be somewhere in middle of the table and Suarez is best striker in the world who does his job amazingly ever since we got him.

Turan is/was nonchalant player who failed to deliver for Barca. Naturally, people are going to be critical. It's not as if he was great and did this one mistake.

Potroh

And Neymar is even farther from being worth what he cost. Whats your point?
As said before: In a price/wage-performance-ratio perspective, Turan is doing way better than Neymar.

If it was Neymar scoring the goal 6 minutes before the game was over (from 5 centimeters) our wise people would say: so what, anybody could do that, no big deal.
But when Arda does that, the same folks see a "born goalscorer" in him, regardless that he didn't have a single useful pass.
This type of primitive subjectivity (the scorer is always the hero) is simply crazy...

Lucho says Denis could be the new Iniesta because he scored two goals, even crazier... It's simply a 3rd class play with the prompt emotions of fans who only care for winning and scoring...

Last edited:

Messi983

Man, if it wasn't for Messi we'd be somewhere in middle of the table and Suarez is best striker in the world who does his job amazingly ever since we got him.

I'm totally aware of that. But what Messi and Suarez have done for the club previously still doesn't change the fact that players of their quality should score from their opportunities. And if they would then Arda's foul wouldn't be as important if it would even happen, because game could also go different way with us leading 2-0 or 3-0. But I don't blame them for not scoring (they just did a "costly mistake" like Arda and whoever should cover Ramos and failed to do that did) and at the same time I also don't blame Arda to commit that foul, because I don't think he did that intentionally or was trying to harm the team. It was whole teams fault we didn't win El Clasico, so we shouldn't just blame one player or one moment specifically.

F

FlaFCB

Hilarious that some people think Arda cost 40m to have the limited time he's having, or that this isn't his fault at all. He was brought to be a starter, not a fancy Neymar sub. And now that Denis is showing he can also score, I wonder what's the argument.

cr's stats padding vs weak teams was always seen as what it is here, but when it's Arda, somehow it's a big feat.

Narto

Hilarious that some people think Arda cost 40m to have the limited time he's having, or that this isn't his fault at all. He was brought to be a starter, not a fancy Neymar sub. And now that Denis is showing he can also score, I wonder what's the argument.

cr's stats padding vs weak teams was always seen as what it is here, but when it's Arda, somehow it's a big feat.

Denis has scored three goals this season.. Arda has scored two hattricks, a bunch more goals and been part of plenty other successful attacks in the same time period. People seem to forget Denis has been absolutely mediocre his entire times here - mediocre in the exact same games Arda has excelled in. Gomes and Rafinha had more than two good games in a row, but look at them now. It doesn't matter unless you consistently perform.

And on the topic of CR, the reason his stat padding is annoying is because he plays like garbage in many other games. Arda was only allowed to play in easy matches so far.

F

FlaFCB

Denis has scored three goals this season.. Arda has scored two hattricks, a bunch more goals and been part of plenty other successful attacks in the same time period. People seem to forget Denis has been absolutely mediocre his entire times here - mediocre in the exact same games Arda has excelled in. Gomes and Rafinha had more than two good games in a row, but look at them now. It doesn't matter unless you consistently perform.

And on the topic of CR, the reason his stat padding is annoying is because he plays like garbage in many other games. Arda was only allowed to play in easy matches so far.

Denis has been mediocre? And what Arda has been for over a year? Hattricks in a dead rubber in the CL, or vs a 3rd division team at home, mean nothing. In the matches that counted, Arda's gameplay has been subpar, masked by goals. Same thing that happens to cr. Really the same.

Denis' been here for a few months, and has already showed more to me, than Arda. And I was a big fan of Turan, defended him here for a long time. He just disapppointed me a lot. The expectations most have here seem very low imo, for a player of his caliber. He seems to be here just to enjoy the city of bcn, train a bit, play a bit, and get his paycheck.

LeeRomeno

Umm, he was brought to be a starter and then he has not been used as a starter. Is Arda himself benching him and not playing him? Did he make his own transfer fee?
Im pretty sure everyone apart from Mascherano on our current squad can score, for one or another reason though, if u take goals per minute, only Messi is ahead of Arda.
And weaker teams, how many strong teams there are? What is the definition of a strong team? On one hand everyone keeps saying how La Liga is superior to Premier league, then again apparently, there are only bad teams in La Liga.
Also, if u are NOT played vs top team, u cannot goddamn blame the player for not scoring there.

Narto

Denis has been mediocre? And what Arda has been for over a year? Hattricks in a dead rubber in the CL, or vs a 3rd division team at home, mean nothing. In the matches that counted, Arda's gameplay has been subpar, masked by goals. Same thing that happens to cr. Really the same.

Denis' been here for a few months, and has already showed more to me, than Arda. And I was a big fan of Turan, defended him here for a long time. He just disapppointed me a lot. The expectations most have here seem very low imo, for a player of his caliber. He seems to be here just to enjoy the city of bcn, train a bit, play a bit, and get his paycheck.

And which matches has he played that really mattered? Last season, he came and didn't get to play for a few months and had to learn an entirely new system, and to top it off, in a new position. Can't really blame him for playing mediocrely, although his attitude could definitely have been better. This season he has mostly gotten easy matches, and the ones that weren't easy he performed well in.

Now, which matches has Denis performed in that really mattered? Denis played very well against Sevilla, but that's about it. Discounting easy games is discounting Denis' performances as well, since those are the games he played well in - and sometimes he didn't even do that. Speaking strictly of this season, Arda has played well in pretty much every game he has been in, I don't know why there is a need to diminish that.

F

FlaFCB

No he wasn't,he was brought as a fancy sub to replace both Pedro & Xavi in midfield & wings. Not as a starter by any mean as our starting line up was always set and untouchable

Seriously? I wonder why he wasn't played in the wings until this season. Lucho clearly wanted him to challenge Rakitic and get a midfield spot.

Umm, he was brought to be a starter and then he has not been used as a starter. Is Arda himself benching him and not playing him? Did he make his own transfer fee?
Im pretty sure everyone apart from Mascherano on our current squad can score, for one or another reason though, if u take goals per minute, only Messi is ahead of Arda.
And weaker teams, how many strong teams there are? What is the definition of a strong team? On one hand everyone keeps saying how La Liga is superior to Premier league, then again apparently, there are only bad teams in La Liga.
Also, if u are NOT played vs top team, u cannot goddamn blame the player for not scoring there.

You guys have selective memory, can't be anything else. Arda fell out of favor because he was lazy as hell. Almost got sold for it. Lucho decided to have faith in him, probably talked to him and Arda somehow got his shit together. But I'm still waiting for something more than what he has showed so far. Remember the 1st leg vs hercules? They're a 3rd division team. Arda started that game, and was as disinterested as he could be. That's not the sign of a hardworking player fighting for a spot. The first game of his I actually liked in a long time was vs Eibar away. You guys keep bringing in stats, when his actual gameplay has been poor, except for a match or another. Turiano Ronarda.

This current dichotomy that you're either a hater or a fanboy is really stupid. Can't criticize anyone anymore, and apparently everyone should have the same opinion. Might as well just close the forum, then.

And which matches has he played that really mattered? Last season, he came and didn't get to play for a few months and had to learn an entirely new system, and to top it off, in a new position. Can't really blame him for playing mediocrely, although his attitude could definitely have been better. This season he has mostly gotten easy matches, and the ones that weren't easy he performed well in.

Now, which matches has Denis performed in that really mattered? Denis played very well against Sevilla, but that's about it. Discounting easy games is discounting Denis' performances as well, since those are the games he played well in - and sometimes he didn't even do that. Speaking strictly of this season, Arda has played well in pretty much every game he has been in, I don't know why there is a need to diminish that.

And why do you think Arda didn't play that many important matches recently? Denis played well and was decisive in the last 2 matches. Something Arda is yet to be for Barça, decisive in important games. Denis is improving, Arda has been stagnated for a long time, with stats masking his actual performances.

Narto

And why do you think Arda didn't play that many important matches recently? Denis played well and was decisive in the last 2 matches. Something Arda is yet to be for Barça, decisive in important games. Denis is improving, Arda has been stagnated for a long time, with stats masking his actual performances.

Well I'm asking you then, which important games did he play this season where he didn't perform? Which games this season did he play badly in outside of RM? Compared to last season, Arda is much better, and he even played a couple of nice games in midfield. How is playing better than last season, and pretty much performing in nearly every game you play, stagnating?

F

FlaFCB

Well I'm asking you then, which important games did he play this season where he didn't perform? Which games this season did he play badly in outside of RM? Compared to last season, Arda is much better, and he even played a couple of nice games in midfield. How is playing better than last season, and pretty much performing in nearly every game you play, stagnating?

Performing in dead rubbers isn't a good benchmark. And he's not playing important games because he fell out in the picking order, for his laziness. Coming in when the game is already won and scoring isn't improving. It's the same thing cr get rightfully criticized for, scoring but not playing well, but Arda gets a pass. Go figure this logic.

Noname

Banned
Lucho post match:

“The instructions were very clear: don’t commit fouls, especially when Madrid players have their backs to goal,” he said in his postgame press conference.

“A manager’s orders are clear and concise.”

:facepalm:

Thanks for proving my point :)

Do you think Barcelona as some kind of undefeateble legendary team nowadays?

Home of Barca Fans