Arda Turan

vinni

His comments about not wanting to run and that's why he is leaving Atletico. From that moment I should have known.

Don't you think this comment was taken a bit out of context? I would assume he meant he was looking forward to playing a more possession based football. From the matches i remember with Turan, i dont think he looked lazy. In midfield i thought he was a bit invisible, but that can be said about gomes, denis and even rakitic . On the wing i thought he played well.

I wonder what really happen with him behind the scenes. There was the free kick he gave away against Real madrid that lead to a goal, but similar mistakes has happend to all our players. I dont think the club would hang him for that, even though most fans did.

I think he might have had some other issues with the board or something. With the arrival of Valverde one would assume he would get some playing time. I mean what kinda coach would not try to play a player like him. Espcially with NeyNey gone and Dembele out injured. Something must have happen.

Please enlighten me if i missed something

BarcaJack

Maybe he lost self-discipline during that 6-month rest. And the lack of playing time after that... a career killer indeed. And he just couldn’t compete with Neymar or Iniesta, so he let himself go. Who knows.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

The comment has absolutely been taken out of context and was never about going somewhere not to run or work.

Can twist plenty comments like this from likes of Cruyff or Pep even about football not about running.

Dont think there was ever even a direct quote and it was more about not enjoying the training etc of Simeone more than anything.

"Don't run so much. Football is a game you play with your brains."

Cruyff.

Messi983

Don't you think this comment was taken a bit out of context? I would assume he meant he was looking forward to playing a more possession based football.

Agree.

Maybe he lost self-discipline during that 6-month rest. And the lack of playing time after that... a career killer indeed. And he just couldn’t compete with Neymar or Iniesta, so he let himself go. Who knows.

I was thinking about this as well though he played good at start of last season when Neymar was out and he was used as LW. So I think that something happened after that but I agree that 6 months without football had negative influence on him.

vinni

Yeah, maybe the reason is as easy as that. What a shame though. Turan was a world class player and a legend in his home country.

cro-man

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Arda Turan will leave the club on a loan deal; the player will be loaned out for one and a half year and after that Başakşehir will have an option to buy him for €15m. [sinconcesiones]</p>— BarcaSpiral (@BarcaSpiral) <a href="https://twitter.com/BarcaSpiral/status/951087169413763072?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">10. Januar 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We will never get rid of him....

Last edited:

Jombi

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Arda Turan will leave the club on a loan deal; the player will be loaned out for one and a half year and after that Başakşehir will have an option to buy him for €15m. [sinconcesiones]</p>— BarcaSpiral (@BarcaSpiral) <a href="https://twitter.com/BarcaSpiral/status/951087169413763072?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">10. Januar 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We will never get ride of him....

As long as we manage to loan him while only paying some of his wage, we should be satisfied. He's dreadful.

EdmondDantes

I thought he was gonna be a star here when we signed him. I never expected Arda, of all players, to down tools like that.

I doubt we will ever get a transfer fee for him now, even if we do, it will only serve to subsidize the remainder of his wages - which is probably the main reason why he's still here. We gave him a contract, he wants it honoured, especially since he won't ever get anything close to it elsewhere, save for maybe China.

R

reaper

Those who said he would be a shitty transfer from day 1 and were called names should get some type of compensation. Maybe a free back massage?

It is weird when someone gets something wrong about a player - they type for hours making excuses as to how they still might be right or the player changed.. what about gathering those who were right from day 1 - asking them how they knew - trying to learn from them and celebrating their intelligence instead! :cheers:

I knew the guy would be a crock of shit from day 1 yet Arda's defence committee on here wasted hours trying to change my mind! Even said I know nothing about football! :D

Last edited:
R

reaper

What about all the people you told that Roberto and Umtiti were shit/waste of money?

Can they think you are thick as fuck?

A bit cagey aren't ye? Still angry about Gomes and the other angry dumb fucker - or thick as fuck (to use your words above) predictions? I mean not really sure how exactly Roberto is a waste of money in the sense that he has only ever been at Barcelona and was not purchased from another team like Roberto/Arda.. but still - I feel your hate.

Time will judge I am afraid - not triggered fans. I stand by what I said. Lets see how long they stay where they are. :cheers:

Last edited:

JamDav1982

A bit cagey aren't ye? Still angry about Gomes and the other angry dumb fucker - or thick as fuck (to use your words above) predictions?

Time will judge I am afraid - not triggered fans. I stand by what I said. Lets see how long they stay where they are. :cheers:

That doesnt make sense i am afraid.

You just spoke a bunch of negative shite about players and got all cocky when right on one. Good stuff.

Home of Barca Fans