Arda Turan

JamDav1982

[tw]867480767634575360[/tw]

Says he has no intention of leaving Barcelona.

Cant expect Arda/Mathieu to say anything differently for now until new manager comes in.

Being seen as a position of not wanting to go maybe helps in discussions with any potential new club with wages etc.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't be surprised if we end up loaning him and paying his wages.

Had Barca invested in a proper reinforcement instead of Turan, we might have had very different scenarios.

Shame.

BBZ8800

About 20M rumors, well last summer papers wrote that we will see Vermaelen to Roma for 8 or 10M.
We gave him on loan since nobody would pay that much for an old and injured player like him.

About Arda, I think that he will leave on loan+with an option to buy which will turn into a loan and leaving for free eventually (when his contract expires during a loan spell), meaning that we will only earn money for not having to pay his wages anymore.

If he goes to China, then some transfer like 10-15M is possible.

If Chinese teams won't bid on him, I don't see European teams (Inter, Napoli, Turkish teams) paying more than 8-9M on him if they will decide for a transfer (and not loan) option.

So, about 20M for Arda from a European team, that is way too good to be true.

I will never forgive him that he cost us La Liga 16/17. He is like VW T(o)uran in a Ferrari racing team. Just fuck off

If you are talking about El Classico?
Isn't that a match where Neymar missed a sitter for 2:0 and if he would have scored, we would be champions now, and Arda's mistake for 2:1 in the end wouldn't matter at all?

If Arda is guilty for losing La liga, there are also some other guys who are equally as guilty with that logic.

Messi983

Isn't that a match where Neymar missed a sitter for 2:0 and if he would have scored, we would be champions now, and Arda's mistake for 2:1 in the end wouldn't matter at all?

If Arda is guilty for losing La liga, there are also some other guys who are equally as guilty with that logic.

Of course there are. It's interesting that you only mentioned Neymar though. ;)

khaled_a_d

About 20M rumors, well last summer papers wrote that we will see Vermaelen to Roma for 8 or 10M.
We gave him on loan since nobody would pay that much for an old and injured player like him.

Isn't Arda some sort of a popular player in Turkey which is still one of the biggest economies worldwide (top 20 in GDP)? A player like him will always find a team that is welling to pay to get him
The question is more about his intentions tbh, if he just want to get out of here then at worst you can get a decent offer from Turkey or China
If he wants to go to team A or team B then he is putting us to a situation close to what happened with Hleb,we will have to just put him on loan market for the clubs that he wants.
tbh,if this was the case from him,he might be one of the 1st players that wore Barca jersey that I hate

kilian

If you are talking about El Classico?

Messi missed a sitter too, if I remember correctly. He is also guilty then.

kilian

Comparing Arda and Messi... I can't even...

Who is comparing them? Read more carefully.

I just replied to BBZ for pointing out Neymar as the guilty one in that game. Yes, he missed a sitter, but Leo did too.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Who is comparing them? Read more carefully.

I just replied to BBZ for pointing out Neymar as the guilty one in that game. Yes, he missed a sitter, but Leo did too.

First poster said that Arda is guilty for losing La liga because of RM's draw.
I added Neymar.
Others added Messi.

Let it roll, it is insane either way.

Isn't Arda some sort of a popular player in Turkey which is still one of the biggest economies worldwide (top 20 in GDP)? A player like him will always find a team that is welling to pay to get him
The question is more about his intentions tbh, if he just want to get out of here then at worst you can get a decent offer from Turkey or China
If he wants to go to team A or team B then he is putting us to a situation close to what happened with Hleb,we will have to just put him on loan market for the clubs that he wants.
tbh,if this was the case from him,he might be one of the 1st players that wore Barca jersey that I hate

I have wrote about Turkish clubs and their transfers regarding Arda a few Months back.
Turkish clubs almost never pay more than 10M Euros for ANY player.

Here is a list of the most expensive transfers of Galatasaray ever:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/galatasaray-istanbul/transferrekorde/verein/141

1 pound is 1,16 Euros.
Mario Jardel around 15M E 15 years ago, aged 26. The highest transfer ever.
More recently 18 years old Bruma paid around 10M.

Fenerbahce has 2-3 transfers of 13-14M in their history, but players aged 26:
https://www.transfermarkt.com/fenerbahce-istanbul/transferrekorde/verein/36

Besiktas never paid more than 8M in their history:
https://www.transfermarkt.com/besiktas-istanbul/transferrekorde/verein/114

So, basically, any transfer of Arda for more than 14M would be the highest transfer in Turkish history.
Out of players aged 29-30, the highest transfers were:
Meireles 10M (Fenerbahce), aged 29
Niang 9M (Fenerbahce), aged 30
Ba (Besiktas) 6M, aged 29

Further, Arda is a player from Galatasaray and played 7 seasons there.
I am not sure whether he would be willing to go to other clubs, like Fenerbahce (I don't know how much those two clubs hate eachother etc).
Further, Galatasaray rarely pay more than 10M.
Plus, Arda is 30 and a half already.
Plus, Galatasaray never paid more than 4M Euros for a 30 years old player in their history.
And a Turkish record for a 30 years old is 10M.

Ok, Arda is their star domestic player, but still, he is 30 and a half and a club who buys him will have to pay 10-ish M to Barca plus pay huge wages to Arda.
When you sum it all, I can't see any Turkish club paying more than 7-8 Millions.
And in some out-of-this-world crazy scenario, we could get 10-12 Millions.
That would be an absolute max for him.

And now, you have papers who say that we are asking 20M for him.
His realistic worth was 20-25 even 2 years ago when we bought him, and we overpaid a lot.
Today, after 2 poor years here and since he lost his stamina and pace, his realistic price is lower than 10M, imo.

Last edited:

GetIn

I don't want to see this guy's face at the club next season, he has been a bad omen for our form ever since he joined. We've been playing disjointed, sloppy, uninspired football since January of last year.

khaled_a_d

I have wrote about Turkish clubs and their transfers regarding Arda a few Months back.
Turkish clubs almost never pay more than 10M Euros for ANY player.

Here is a list of the most expensive transfers of Galatasaray ever:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/galatasaray-istanbul/transferrekorde/verein/141

1 pound is 1,16 Euros.

Today, after 2 poor years here and since he lost his stamina and pace, his realistic price is lower than 10M, imo.

1-You are converting the prices using Euro to pound in current prices? you do realize all those deals are before brexit right? You have just canceled 2M from Jardel price
https://www.transfermarkt.com/super-lig/transferrekorde/wettbewerb/TR1
2-He is a domestic star and we could easily get as much as they paid for a guy like Bruma even with age difference. And I didn't say we would get 20M fo him.but you said we would just loan him out,when in fact we were able somehow to get money for Adriano when he was 33,less health etc.
Point is,we can get money for Arda and probably 10M at worst,but his decision is what makes the issue here. If he decided to be selective we are fucked

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I don't want to see this guy's face at the club next season, he has been a bad omen for our form ever since he joined. We've been playing disjointed, sloppy, uninspired football since January of last year.

Arda is not good enough, no two ways around it... But this is hilarious, according to you we have been playing bad just because of his mere presence?

And I though exclusively blaming him for losing La Liga was something else...

GetIn

Arda is not good enough, no two ways around it... But this is hilarious, according to you we have been playing bad just because of his mere presence?

And I though exclusively blaming him for losing La Liga was something else...

Of course it's not his fault, but he has been poor and I'm tired of his antics at this point.

xXKonan

[tw]868926580961284098[/tw]

Said his situation has changed and he will likely leave this summer to either China or the EPL.

Home of Barca Fans