Iconic Pictures in Sports

C

ChuckaOwns

vvv

6283.jpg

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
mandelapienaar.jpg

Now that's iconic! Iran winning the Asian cup? Nice achievement but I don't think the image is in any way iconic.

C

ChuckaOwns

Iran? Try again.

And a worn torn country winning the biggest trophy in Asia is pretty iconic, don't ya think?

Also says the guy who posted Wilkinson scoring the drop goal. LOL

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
075chumacDM_468x634.jpg

Schumacher's demolition job on the French attacker Battiston during the '82 World Cup.

Now that's iconic! Iran winning the Asian cup? Nice achievement but I don't think the image is in any way iconic.
Well Moe did say 'significant, memorable or iconic'! And to certain people it'd be at least memorable. :p

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Iran? Try again.

And a worn torn country winning the biggest trophy in Asia is pretty iconic, don't ya think?

Also says the guy who posted Wilkinson scoring the drop goal. LOL

TBH I didn't even know they'd won it, hence the Iran/Iraq confusion. The Asian cup? Really? Come on it barely registers on the world football consciousness..

Wilkinson scoring the drop goal is iconic because it's one moment, one piece of genius and a nation achieved the highest prize in its sport for the first time in the most dramatic manner possible.

C

ChuckaOwns

LOL!

Once again, a worn torn country who can't play any home games or even train properly becuase of the possibility of being shot, winning the Aasian cup with the likes of Japan and Australia in it.

Wilikinson drop goal being an iconic moment....Classic.
Didn't we have an argument on the other fourm about me not liking England/Britain becuase they invaded my country? Not much of an Iraq fan are we? Get of your high horse and think of the accomplishment it really is.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Tbh I agree with Huss on this. Iraq were in the shits BIG TIME, and they never have a realistic shot at the World Cup, so the Asian Cup is literally the biggest prize they can win as a football team, and even then they are never among the favourites to win it. And then they come in and they win the whole bloody thing and played some nice football while they were at it, beating teams like Australia, South Korea and Saudi Arabia who are some of the better teams in Asia. For their country it was a gigantic sporting achievement and while it may not be an iconic moment for people in countries like Spain, England, America and such because the Asian Cup is nothing for them, it's important for the teams that are in it, so when you look at the achievement for what it is, it's definitely an iconic moment, no doubt about it.

C

ChuckaOwns

And you call yourself an Australian. Pffft..

Btw for the record, i agree with Wilkinson, ye i caved, i just needed something to say about CA's choices....

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Ed would you agree with some Liverpool fans and say Gerrard is better than Dalglish for Liverpool ?

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
LOL!

Once again, a worn torn country who can't play any home games or even train properly becuase of the possibility of being shot, winning the Aasian cup with the likes of Japan and Australia in it.

Wilikinson drop goal being an iconic moment....Classic.
Didn't we have an argument on the other fourm about me not liking England/Britain becuase they invaded my country? Not much of an Iraq fan are we? Get of your high horse and think of the accomplishment it really is.

The irony being that your taxes are paying for that war, mine aren't :lol:

maz

I walk the line
Isnt this about iconic pictures as opposed to iconic moments? I dont think that iran picture is that iconic. Obviously the moment is debatably iconic, but the picture? I dont think so.

Home of Barca Fans