Deco

JAMAIN

Aw man, im feeling the Love for Deco atm, i actually prefered him to Dinho :)O)

Such a magnificant player, The Best midfielder in the world in his prime.

He was the best in his prime. He was certainly the most under rated. In hind-sight, had he kept to his original Brazilian nationality he would have probably got more accolades...

maz

I walk the line
Don't know if he would have. He joined the Portuguese NT because of his desire to play international football. He was the hungry to play football on all levels and win things. Yeah he probably could have waited, but if he waited it may have moulded him into a more patient player. He wanted to leave barca after we won the double but he wasn't allowed, and you could say it played a part in his 'decline'.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
He was the best in his prime. He was certainly the most under rated. In hind-sight, had he kept to his original Brazilian nationality he would have probably got more accolades...

i still cant believe he wasnt given the Ballon D'or in 04!?

And the most pathetic... Benfica, in 2001, let him escape to Porto...

he didnt make one appearance fpr Benfica in 2 years, unless he was injured for 2 years its not at all pathetic.

Last edited:

Barcafan 2304

Class act and ill miss watching him. In his prime, i agree with the assessment he was one of the finest players in world football

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
i still cant believe he wasnt given the Ballon D'or in 04!?
he didnt make one appearance fpr Benfica in 2 years, unless he was injured for 2 years its not at all pathetic.

The story was more or less like that: at the time, the Benfica coach says that Deco wasn't a "plus" as player and tried to put in in another club, rotating... then Deco ask to leave... one year later, sign for Oporto...

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
The story was more or less like that: at the time, the Benfica coach says that Deco wasn't a "plus" as player and tried to put in in another club, rotating... then Deco ask to leave... one year later, sign for Oporto...

so are you calling deco pathetic? or Benfica?

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
any of the brasilians here know if Deco will play today? I may start watching FLU cant beleive a year ago they were dead last in the league now they are first

Home of Barca Fans