Mario Balotelli

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
19 y.o. Italian striker of Ghanaian descent currently playing for Inter Milan.

Name: Mario Barwuah Balotelli
Born: 12.8.1990.
Preferred foot: Right
Height: 1,89 m

mariobalotelli.jpg

Balotelli just had a good game vs. Palermo. 2 goals and 2 assists.

Leroy

Brown
He scored?

I remember watching a game of him and he stuffed up nearly every attack up by either being too selfish or by playing a bad pass.

[FCB]Messi[10

Damn wtf there was no thread about Balotelli yet. He is a great player and very young, the only bad thing is his attitude. He can get pissed off so fast, and get yellow cards so easily.

lonewolf19

Yup his attitude is still a problem but Jose is doing very good job at the moment. I hope he will grow up ASAP and learn from Eto'o

i hate the guy, he uses the racism card every single to time to cover up his acts, he cheats, he dives, his attitude- both in training and on the pitch and his effort is poor- thinks he doesn't have to work hard because he's the "king", he needs to be knocked out maybe that might make him start to think straight.

V

Valon

He's awesome in terms of talent and to be honest I consider him the best of his generation but his attitude is really bad. If he fixes that he'd be an awesome player.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Except even with his instability Eto'o has a better attitude than Balotelli. There's a lot of strikers more talented than Eto'o (including Mario) and there's a reason many of them have achieved less.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Except even with his instability Eto'o has a better attitude than Balotelli. There's a lot of strikers more talented than Eto'o (including Mario) and there's a reason many of them have achieved less.

yup.

eto'o played for barca! :D

I kid I kid.

the big reason eto'o has succeeded despite his obvious crazy, is because of his tremendous work ethic. during the palermo game I saw balotelli attempt a dribble, it didn't come off and he was tackled. the guy who the ball fell to was literally a yard in front of him, and balotelli just stopped and stood there while the guy played the ball out.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
yup.

eto'o played for barca! :D

I kid I kid.

the big reason eto'o has succeeded despite his obvious crazy, is because of his tremendous work ethic. during the palermo game I saw balotelli attempt a dribble, it didn't come off and he was tackled. the guy who the ball fell to was literally a yard in front of him, and balotelli just stopped and stood there while the guy played the ball out.

This is why talent alone doesn't make one great. Take the three best strikers in La Liga last year, Forlan, Eto'o and Villa. Someone like Adriano, or Balotelli has much more skill than the three of them (and that says a lot), but don't actually enjoy what they are doing. Forlan, Eto'o and Villa are all fearless and have fanatical work ethics to compensate for whatever limits on their natural ability they have.

Balotelli could go on to develop it, but he doesn't particularly look like he enjoys what he's doing. He's an insanely talented kid with an identity crisis.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
well the big fella did enjoy it but then his dad died and he started drinking.

he's enjoying himself back in brazil now, that's for sure.

I think he just feels safe and loved there. the pressure and scrutiny of europe really got to him after his father's death. it's likely he felt quite alone under the shitstorm of criticism he received and his manager sure didn't help much (and bizarrely neither did moratti) so he turned to booze.

Home of Barca Fans