Mario Balotelli

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
My eyes just expanded at some people comparing this player to arguably the greatest striker on earth. Balotelli can't lace Eto'o's boots yet.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
He looks a bit Bambi on the ball sometimes. Shame he isn't even 20 and already to big for his boots though.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
My eyes just expanded at some people comparing this player to arguably the greatest striker on earth. Balotelli can't lace Eto'o's boots yet.

Not yet, but about 70 psychotherapy sessions, some love and humbleness - Voila! - world class player... Suarez can be his personal waterboy.

FCB Martin

ive heard great things about this guy.

every time ive seen him play, hes crap. always selfish and when he passes the ball, he makes the pass like if he doesnt want to and most of the time theyre given away. his dribbling abilities, to me, are normal. only thing he has going for him is his speed.

when i went to go and try to meet the inter players at ucla during the summer, he was the only one who paid no attention to any of the supporters there.

this guy doesnt deserve to play professionally. its a shame to see someone with decent talent and not appreciate every second he is on the pitch.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
I think he is forming the club of great against mediocre team at home in Italy yet always underperforms in CL or big game when we watch. But we willsee. Good luck to him overcoming the racial barriers in Italy.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Great commentary from Football-Italia
------
Blog: Dear Balotelli...
Open letters have been written to Juventus fans to stop the insults, but Susy Campanale feels Mario Balotelli needs a talking to
Many open letters were written to the fans in a bid to stop them insulting Mario Balotelli, but I think it’s about time someone wrote an open letter to him. So, Mario, a word in your shell-like…

You have been subjected to some awful racial slurs that ought to have no place in football or in society, even one as backward when it comes to race relations as Italy. Supporters can jeer all they like and – let’s be perfectly honest here – there are a million different reasons to insult you that have nothing to do with the colour of your skin. The moment someone strays into that territory, they have automatically lost all credibility and become a mindless thug.

Right, now that’s out of the way, we can get to the basics. It’s a tense atmosphere and for weeks the entire Italian football world has rushed to your defence against these vicious verbal attacks, so you ought to win them over with your undoubted talent so the only remaining critics will be the bigots. Instead you take the biggest test of all, the Derby d’Italia surrounded by those ultras who have turned hating you into a sport in and of itself, and you act like a prize turnip.

Within 60 seconds of stepping on to the field, you’d clattered into a Juve player in an accidental collision, then visibly berated him for ‘diving’ when he was simply hurt. To top it all off, you then flail around acrobatically clutching your face when Felipe Melo lashed out an elbow that struck you meekly on the shoulder. That’s just embarrassing. Of all nights, of all people, you had to prove your detractors right with a display of unsportsmanlike behaviour and arrogance.

The Juventus fans held up a banner during the match that read: ‘Don’t kid yourself Balotelli, you’d annoy us even if you were white.’ It’s pretty difficult to disagree with them after this sorry performance. Racism must be stamped out of football, but so must play-acting, provocation of opponents and the kind of gamesmanship that has become your bread and butter.

This was the perfect opportunity to separate the bigots from the genuine lovers of fair play, but you’ve only united them now in seeing you as the villain. Shame on the racist chants and shame on you, Mario

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I've been watching Inter more this season due to the Barca influx and I have to say wrt Balotelli, he's someone Inter should sell.

A lot of talent but a real headcase too...Perhaps a change of scenery would do him good but as things stand now, I think he hurts them as much as he helps....Inter should cash in on the player while they still can...Truth is, not sure he'll ever reach a higher level due to his immaturity...But, again, he's young and maybe moving abroad will help

Last edited:

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
He really does need to sort out his attitude problems. Arsenal have been linked with him, wonder if Wenger could calm him down.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
why is this kid so mad at the world? can someone tell me i try to like him bc i seen flashes of brilliance from him but everytime i see him play he just looks so mad and angry and arrogant...

mobster_1930

I wouldn't buy this player for free. I hate his haircuts, i hate him (don't now why) and i think he isn't anything special, bad technique, not fast enough etc. . Someone is going to make a big mistake of signing him.

desoe

Player with a haircut like that shouldn't be playing at FCB, even if he's Messi + Iniesta + Zlatan combined.

Home of Barca Fans