Mario Balotelli

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
What? This guy a great signing? He will never make it. Mentally as twatted as it gets. He is the next Nani.

Statement by me:
KEEP HIM AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE FROM CAMP NOU.

E

EpicNess

I'm not sure, but I think he would be a great signing. It will be very interesting to see who we will get for our LW. Here are a couple of options:

Villa
Ribery
Robinho
Silva
Balotelli
Di Maria
Hazard
Pato
Van Persie
Nani

Di Maria is definitly not a short-term signing. He's extremly talented, but he's still very inconsistent. He needs a fair bit more of experience. Nani isn't that good, Barça has loads of better choices. Robinho is nuts, and so is Balotelli. From that list, my favourites are Villa, Ribery and Silva.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Di Maria is definitly not a short-term signing. He's extremly talented, but he's still very inconsistent. He needs a fair bit more of experience. Nani isn't that good, Barça has loads of better choices. Robinho is nuts, and so is Balotelli. From that list, my favourites are Villa, Ribery and Silva.

Villa is getting kind of old and he'll be overpriced, Ribery is overrated/overpriced and Silva won't fit on the left wing for us...maybe in the midfield. I think Pato is the best in the list

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
What? This guy a great signing? He will never make it. Mentally as twatted as it gets. He is the next Nani.

Statement by me:
KEEP HIM AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE FROM CAMP NOU.

+1000000000000000000000

There was one point against Fiorentina that summed him up for me..after clearly diving, he started pounding the ground like a crying baby when no foul was called.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
surely his attitude problems are partly because he's playing in a country that refuses to accept him as one of them (despite the fact that he is)? I mean ffs he gets constant racial abuse which isn't punished.

not saying he'd be a hit for us. but it's easy to dismiss his attitude problems as terminal when he hasn't been removed from the source of the problems (calcio).

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Balotelli is not a good idea, IMHO...This is not, as has been widely reported, simply a kid who is misunderstood or merely a player who is subjected to racial abuse...He's a very immature player and if a tough manager like Mourinho can't get him to get into line along with players like Samu, Zanetti et al then not sure Pep will fare better.

I do think a change of scenery is necessary for the lad but he has to go with a huge black cloud over him...He's a gamble/risk for any side that takes him...Worse than Banega last season, IMHO but he too turned it around I guess

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
surely his attitude problems are partly because he's playing in a country that refuses to accept him as one of them (despite the fact that he is)? I mean ffs he gets constant racial abuse which isn't punished.

not saying he'd be a hit for us. but it's easy to dismiss his attitude problems as terminal when he hasn't been removed from the source of the problems (calcio).

And he wouldn't face racism in Spain? or even England, especially when opposing fans see how easy he is to provoke?

By acting like a cunt he's only making it worse. His life has been unfair but unlike so many others in his place he has a gift to shut the haters up and instead chooses to alienate everyone who doesn't indulge him. Is he the first young African football player to have to fight off racism? He's teammates with Eto'o, a man who has gone through plenty of racist bullshit in his life and even Eto'o is telling him to shut up and put the team first.

I'm not supporting some Uncle Tom bullshit that he needs to just shut up and be subservient, but I think it's telling that there are young Africans in Serie A, such as Khouma Babacar, who aren't nearly as fucked up as he is.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
I remember an article on him and his attitude, think it was by Marcotti. Basically it was saying that although the racial abuse is unacceptable, a lot of it stems from the fact he's a total twat, which leads fans to hate him and eventually abuse him. It's a shame because he's clearly got so much talent, but his attitude is a joke.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I remember an article on him and his attitude, think it was by Marcotti. Basically it was saying that although the racial abuse is unacceptable, a lot of it stems from the fact he's a total twat, which leads fans to hate him and eventually abuse him. It's a shame because he's clearly got so much talent, but his attitude is a joke.

That's the thing, a lot of opposing fans realize how he will react to abuse; by throwing hissy fits he's provoking it. Racial abuse is indeed unacceptable but if anything he is making it worse by giving assholes the reaction they are aiming for.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
And he wouldn't face racism in Spain? or even England, especially when opposing fans see how easy he is to provoke?

By acting like a cunt he's only making it worse. His life has been unfair but unlike so many others in his place he has a gift to shut the haters up and instead chooses to alienate everyone who doesn't indulge him. Is he the first young African football player to have to fight off racism? He's teammates with Eto'o, a man who has gone through plenty of racist bullshit in his life and even Eto'o is telling him to shut up and put the team first.

I'm not supporting some Uncle Tom bullshit that he needs to just shut up and be subservient, but I think it's telling that there are young Africans in Serie A, such as Khouma Babacar, who aren't nearly as fucked up as he is.

khoumar babacar isn't an italian name.

italians are notoriously racist and to see a black man wear the name mario balotelli and claim to be italian clearly inflames their senses. at the slightest bit of provocation they start giving him shit.

and would he face as much racial abuse in spain or england? no chance. he may get racially abused in places, but it wouldn't be half as bad. plus tbh it'd probably be easier for him to ignore because it wouldn't be coming from his countrymen. I mean that has to fuck you up, being so rejected by a country and culture you so want to belong to.

obviously he's a douche, and that's half a problem, but calcio's racism is another half of a problem. if you removed balotelli from calcio then you have a douchebag footballer who thinks he's better than he is. bad? yes. beyond repair? no.

if he stays in italy his career will go nowhere.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
khoumar babacar isn't an italian name.

italians are notoriously racist and to see a black man wear the name mario balotelli and claim to be italian clearly inflames their senses. at the slightest bit of provocation they start giving him shit.

and would he face as much racial abuse in spain or england? no chance. he may get racially abused in places, but it wouldn't be half as bad. plus tbh it'd probably be easier for him to ignore because it wouldn't be coming from his countrymen. I mean that has to fuck you up, being so rejected by a country and culture you so want to belong to.

obviously he's a douche, and that's half a problem, but calcio's racism is another half of a problem. if you removed balotelli from calcio then you have a douchebag footballer who thinks he's better than he is. bad? yes. beyond repair? no.

if he stays in italy his career will go nowhere.
Well if his name was "Manuel Rodriguez" and he was raised in Spain they'd just assume he's from South America or Equatorial Guinea, he'd be just as much an outsider and Atletico Madrid fans would be sure to wave swastikas in his face while hicks make monkey chants, all he would get away with is his name. All he would have going for him is being the spoils of imperialism.

Like I said, I understand why he is fucked up but at this point it's hard to tell anymore what he can't prevent and what is his own doing, because by pissing on the team that brought him up he's alienating any potential friends and allies. At this point in Spain he'd be even more alone, this league has broken much stronger men than him.

His only hope at this point is the UK, because at least in the Anglosphere you are supposed to be silent about your racism.

Beast

The Observer
Racist in terms of not accepted to wear the National shirt .
It's preferred to have as much as possible a true Italian blood

U remember the fuss caused by Amuari joining the Azzurri to the extent players like Rino said he don't want him anywhere near the national team publicly

They want to have at least an Italian blood in him .. there are players like Matteo Ferrari who is half Algerian /half Italian .. it's just about being really Italiano and sadly Mario is Italian due to his family conditions .

Mario has the talent and potential but he needs guidance which he is not having and choosing Mino Raiola as your rep means u decided to fuck your career same way Mino fucked up so many players with such temper

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Racist in terms of not accepted to wear the National shirt .
It's preferred to have as much as possible a true Italian blood

U remember the fuss caused by Amuari joining the Azzurri to the extent players like Rino said he don't want him anywhere near the national team publicly

They want to have at least an Italian blood in him .. there are players like Matteo Ferrari who is half Algerian /half Italian .. it's just about being really Italiano and sadly Mario is Italian due to his family conditions .

Mario has the talent and potential but he needs guidance which he is not having and choosing Mino Raiola as your rep means u decided to fuck your career same way Mino fucked up so many players with such temper
Good point..you have Fabio Liverani who is half black but never had any trouble proving he was Italian.

In Spain nobody cares who plays for the national team, it's been a cosmopolitan country for much longer and nobody has any idea what it means to be "Spanish" anyway.

adil_909

people here have a problem with toure's ego when he just once claimed he should be playing more often. compared to toure's ego, balotelli's is like mount everest. and yet people here want to sign him???? what's going to happen when he starts crying in the press?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
people here have a problem with toure's ego when he just once claimed he should be playing more often. compared to toure's ego, balotelli's is like mount everest. and yet people here want to sign him???? what's going to happen when he starts crying in the press?

Exactly, Pep would murder him. He hated Eto'o and Eto'o has half the attitude of Balotelli.

Home of Barca Fans