The South Wales Derby

Lemmi

The Reckoner
close, not that bad to walk to though. used to do it from talybont which was a fat mission. still not as scary as walking the taf trail as soon as it gets anything close to dark, "rape alley".

C

ChuckaOwns

LOL the taff trail, good stuff, used to walk through there to get to a mates, but when it got dark lol just walk the main road, you feel much safer.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
and your bum wont bleed.

back to topic; cardiff need these games to go from draws to wins if they are gonna stay up there. but they are a very mentally weak side.

C

ChuckaOwns

And i don't think you have McCormack do you? Got done for drink driving.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
he has been injured but burke and whits are playing out of their skin and chops and bothroyd (always been a jay fan) have been awesome.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
i thought they could have got him cheaper but his championship scoring record is phenomenal

Hamzah

High Definition Member
why is there a massive love in for this miniscule derby while the old firm gets the shite taken out of it?

B

blueduck

Wales are integrated with England and they are in our league.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
and? if the spl is not worth caring about the championship is not worth caring about. just because Wales is a nice country (scotland is aswell aside from a few thugs in Glasgow and weird tree throwers up in skye or wherever) it doesn't mean this derby deserves this kind of hype.

hartson11

why is there a massive love in for this miniscule derby while the old firm gets the shite taken out of it?

didnt think there was a massive love in. As im from south wales and going to the match i was just wondering if any other forum members were going? Jst because the s wales derby is a miniscule match if you are from glasgow doesnt mean its miniscule in south wales mate.

B

blueduck

Two pages is hardly a lot for a derby.

Imo the championship is a lot better to watch as it's a more even playing field, pretty much anyone can get promoted. (Although this year Newcastle, Brom and Boro are dominating.)

Hamzah

High Definition Member
not trying to offend mate i just don't see why this deserves this kind of hype but when i post about celtic-rangers people act as if its terrible and insignificant. what makes this derby any different?

hartson11

not trying to offend mate i just don't see why this deserves this kind of hype but when i post about celtic-rangers people act as if its terrible and insignificant. what makes this derby any different?

Im quite new to this forum so I must've missed the anti rangers-celtic derby talk but you wont hear me knocking that fixture. Whilst the Scottish league is in decline in my opinion in terms of quality, that derby more that makes up for it in raw passion. The only thing that makes the south wales derby a talking point is that last years games were the first meaningful fixtures between the clubs in nigh on ten years, so its a big event down here. Whilst the rangers-celtic match is phenomenal, it happens what? At least four times a season?

Home of Barca Fans