Marek Hamsik

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
This boy is destined for great things, you'd think he won't be at Napoli past 2011. He's probably the best player Napoli have and he scores a pretty decent amount of goals from midfield, could be a good replacement for Lampard, and probably turn out a better player overall. :D

BarçAFan10

"Made it, Ma! Top Of The World!"
he's a quality attacking mid at a young age, can finnish, powerfull shots, good passing,great skills ect. He'll be a player alot of big clubs will want in a year or 2 years, im just surprised no big Seria A teams have gone for him, both milan team's could use him..

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
MOM against Fiorentina last Saturday. Why he hasn't moved to a bigger Seria A team? Well, Juventus bought Melo and Diego - Inter bought Sneijder and they already have Stankovic and Muntari - Milan think they have a great team already (?). Anyway, rumours place him in Man U - Ferguson wants Hamsik to replace Scholes.

BarçAFan10

"Made it, Ma! Top Of The World!"
He should have been there first target (besides juve), inter or AC could use him LM,RM,AM so inter could have still bought sneijder and put hamsik either side, AC could use him either side aswell or use as a replacement for ron and why they would think that there squad is good enough wich is probily true is beyond me :lol:.

beef-supreme

Why do Italian (and originally Italian-based) players always strictly move within Serie A - nobody ever wants them; you see plenty of Spanish, German and English exports and yet Italians are always always at home. There have been a miniscule amount of exceptions like Zola. But you'll always have players like Tacchinardi and Emerson (although Real Madrid did sign him stupidly but I won't count it cause of his general Italian nomadic history), and Perrotta, Oddo, Mancini - they've all been raped and passed on to a million Italian teams. Juventus, Inter, Milan all buy from each other and from Roma. And these Italian players aren't ever sought after by other clubs from outside the league, transfer talk doesn't even happen. Just like - Inzaghi wants a move, he will go to Inter (since he's already done Juve and Milan and Parma... Among others)

TheMessiShow

Why do Italian (and originally Italian-based) players always strictly move within Serie A - nobody ever wants them; you see plenty of Spanish, German and English exports and yet Italians are always always at home. There have been a miniscule amount of exceptions like Zola. But you'll always have players like Tacchinardi and Emerson (although Real Madrid did sign him stupidly but I won't count it cause of his general Italian nomadic history), and Perrotta, Oddo, Mancini - they've all been raped and passed on to a million Italian teams. Juventus, Inter, Milan all buy from each other and from Roma. And these Italian players aren't ever sought after by other clubs from outside the league, transfer talk doesn't even happen. Just like - Inzaghi wants a move, he will go to Inter (since he's already done Juve and Milan and Parma... Among others)

I was wondering that too. In any other league moving to a rival team is taboo. In Italy its a regular occurrence. Maybe loyalty is a foreign concept? Minus Totti, and Maldini of course

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Is this the Slovakian kid ? Will look out for him at the World Cup because Serie A isn't shown in the UK which sucks.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Serie A is shown on ESPN.

I also am a big fan of Hamsik the lad has all the ability in the world to be a world class midfielder. Anton Hamsik is definitely an excellent heir to Lampard for sure and for Scholes too.

Beast

The Observer

couple of reasons:

- For non-Italians Italy is a lovely place to live in literally , people are warm & funny, weather is great , lots of historical places , plenty of places to go to .
- several south Americans already have Italian ancestors .
- urban legend for Italians who play abroad are hardly selected for the Azzurri , see Zola , Marco Simone ..etc although Cannavaro was regularly selected he remains an exception to the rule.
- there is the co-ownership system which allows 2 clubs to have 50 % of a player , most players bought are usually bought by paying 50 % of the price as the other 50 % was purchased a long time ago .
- Italian language is very easy to learn and very close to Spanish and French so it's piss easy to learn for several nationalities .
- there is a common understanding between Italian clubs regarding the financial situation of each other , u don't see Palermo asking for 30 Million for Amauri . most transfers are reasonable cause the club you'll buy from , you will sell to them next window and u could be sharing several players rights
- Italians when they travel , they travel in big groups , like to be a majority in a hotel and prefer Italian clubs in the hotel (Italian club means Italian animation, Italian shows and Italian food oriented in a hotel )

Last edited:

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
I respect that about Italy. There are exceptions ( 80s they had the Dutchies at Milan, Careca and Maradona at Napoli, Platini and Boniek at Juventus etc ) but in general I respect the fact they base themselves on their own talents.

Marek Hamsik looks like he's had a electric shock ;)

Serious note he looks a really good player but i doubt he will leave Italy to be honest and if he does i think it will be Chelsea that buy him.

Home of Barca Fans