Gregory van der Wiel

barca96

ok shukran once again.
but then bartra looked quite good when he came on in the 2nd half.a few months back.
he looks really offensive minded

Trequartista

The good
His agent has just issued a come and get me plea to Barca by saying that he will welcome a move to Barca,he also said that he has a similar style to Alves and he said that he can also ply at the centre of defense,If he can really play well at the RCB I will welcome him,Marquez is on his way out and we dont know how will Chiggy perform next season,we can use Alves also on the ring sometimes.
summary:Van Der Wiel is a great player and I watched a few matches for Holland and he impressed me,I think we can buy him for 8m so I will welcome him.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Him being good at RCB is bull-shit Mido... He's only saying that to lure us! Also he might have been good when played there once or twice but it was in Dutch league man:lol:

Trequartista

The good
Him being good at RCB is bull-shit Mido... He's only saying that to lure us! Also he might have been good when played there once or twice but it was in Dutch league man:lol:

Did u see him at CB?He was a CB until Van Basten took over,I think that being a very atatcking-minded Rb does not prove that he will be bad at CB.Sergio Ramos always goes forward but for one of the best coaches in the world in the world(Mourinho)his best position is at CB.I dont say that he will be first choice at RBC he may be 3rd choice after Pique-Chiggy,But I agree that he said that because he wants to tempt us.it looks like VDW is a cule.:)

KluivertsBoots

I like VDW. He really is an Alves clone. He would be a great value transfer given his age. I watched him play for Holland vs. Hungary. He could step into the Barcelona team tomorrow with no adaptation required aside from the language.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
lol Mido... My sole aim was to say he's trying to tempt us, not that he's shite at playing CB!! Yeah I should have mentioned there that I had ever watched him only play as wing-back

Trequartista

The good
One of the Best rightbacks at the tournament,he impressed me a lot and looked confident and Decent,He is probably one of the best 5 rightbacks in the world rightnow,we were linked with him but TBH he would be crazy to join a team where he will be a second choice.Bayern would be perfect for him.

Scott

This week he signed at a club. Bayern Munich appears to be, but perhaps Barça. His house is already for sale.

barca96

I like VDW. He really is an Alves clone. He would be a great value transfer given his age. I watched him play for Holland vs. Hungary. He could step into the Barcelona team tomorrow with no adaptation required aside from the language.

no way he is an alves clone.
he is not so aggressive going forward.
i dont see where you got that notion from.
is it his position and his skin color?

Trequartista

The good

They have the same style if you watched one of his matches with Ajax,At the WC being 22 and playing with one of the best teams in the world,he didnt go mad with attacking duties but he had a very good WC IMHO,Bayern,Inter,Real Madrid are all looking great options for him.

Scott

He is not aggresive going forward?

I hope you mean at the World Cup. The team played very cowardly. He is aggresive to going forward.

He won't ever be Barca material. Probably the best RB in the Eredivisie, though. Will definitely be the Netherlands' RB in SA

Ironic that you use Einsteins name because VDW is just too dumb to make it at the top level.

Next time, keep the arrogant remarks to yourself, thanks.

Funny to bump up posts like this.

in your face.. :lol:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Chelsea have been interested in him for a while, and with Bosingwa gone I see us going for him now. Just wondering if he'll end up a starter or Iva still being the main man. Terry creates the problem of always being top choice CB which would prob end up pushing Iva out wide.

Doobs

The Messiah
I somehow get the feeling that Van Der Weil wont suit Chelsea, unless they employ an attack-minded play style.

Home of Barca Fans