Colombian team kidnapped and killed

Hamzah

High Definition Member
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8324496.stm

At least 10 bodies - believed to be those of a kidnapped Colombian football team - have been found across the border in Venezuela.

The bodies, with multiple gunshot wounds, were found in Tachira. One of the team is reported to have survived.

State authorities say they suspect a left-wing Colombian guerrilla group, the ELN, is to blame for the deaths.

The team, kidnapped two weeks ago, was known as Los Maniceros or Peanut Men, as they sold nuts along the border.

The Venezuelan authorities say they are still investigating whether the bodies are those of the kidnapped team members.

But local authorities in Tachira and several local newspapers are already reporting that the footballers have been killed.

The most senior official in Tachira state, Leomagno Flores, blamed the violence on the armed wing of the ELN, a group led by a man known El Payaso or the Clown.

He said it had been confirmed by the only survivor of the attack.

There is no clear motive for the violence although there is some speculation that it relates to enforced recruitment to their army.
-------------------------------------------------------

i have no idea if this is a professional team but the news is very sad.

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
RIP for them. It was always a sad thing to hear when some people killed others.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
I thought it was THE Colombian football team for a second, as in he national side. Still bad though, that region is crazy.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Poor Colombia, the second largest Spanish speaking country shouldn't be as much of a disaster as it is. That damn war on drugs...

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Poor Colombia, the second largest Spanish speaking country shouldn't be as much of a disaster as it is. That damn war on drugs...

Wait, what? Probably the third, after Mexico and Argentina, no? Anyway that's not important, hehehe...

And well, I'm colombian and live in Colombia and didn't hear anything about this until now... I checked local news and yes, the massacre was real, but no mention of a football team...

This place is fucked, yet I like it here...

Evil

Shabazz
.... How does anyone have the heart and conscience to such a thing. R.I.P Prayers go out to their families.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Is the Bogota drug ring just a front for the truth that Maz has run away with his sweetheart to join the FARC?

Home of Barca Fans