Colombian team kidnapped and killed

Antimilan

Yeah I read about this in my local newspaper.... it's just sad to hear this happened. It's although a bit political, with those guerillas, who knows ?

Guardian

I remember that a player (Escobar if I'm not mistaken) scored an own goal in USA 1994 and was killed after his return to Colombia.Too sad to see that the mafia rule all over one country and command the people there. Hopefully this tragedy will make the authorities take actions so that to be avoided in future.

C

ChuckaOwns

Ye i remeber hearing about that...Something needs to be done for sure.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Wait, what? Probably the third, after Mexico and Argentina, no? Anyway that's not important, hehehe...

And well, I'm colombian and live in Colombia and didn't hear anything about this until now... I checked local news and yes, the massacre was real, but no mention of a football team...

This place is fucked, yet I like it here...

To continue the tangent, Population wise Colombia is larger than Argentina and Spain, only Mexico has a larger Spanish speaking population.
spanish-speaking-population-countries.png

I'm assuming you live in a city, I hear Colombian cities are mostly very liveable, the real danger comes in travelling around the country. It's really a tragedy how much violence has held back Colombia. It's all thanks to the War on Drugs.

Last edited:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I remember that a player (Escobar if I'm not mistaken) scored an own goal in USA 1994 and was killed after his return to Colombia.Too sad to see that the mafia rule all over one country and command the people there. Hopefully this tragedy will make the authorities take actions so that to be avoided in future.

Yup, sad memories, especially because Escobar was a true gentleman... The worst part is that authorities here are involved in all these situations, the power struggle is so fierce that in one way or another things will remain the same...

To continue the tangent, Population wise Colombia is larger than Argentina and Spain, only Mexico has a larger Spanish speaking population.
spanish-speaking-population-countries.png

I'm assuming you live in a city, I hear Colombian cities are mostly very liveable, the real danger comes in travelling around the country. It's really a tragedy how much violence has held back Colombia. It's all thanks to the War on Drugs.

Wow, I never thought about it, thanks for the info... And yes, I live in a city, Bogotá actually, and like any big city it has sketchy places, but for the most part is nice... Travelling around the country isn't that dangerous if you take some precautions (and travel with someone who knows the area)... Violent acts like this, usually happen in isolated regions, however, it's a never ending stream of blood that affects the whole country...

Home of Barca Fans