Gerard Deulofeu

M

MessiCam

I'm shocked.

Gomes & Paco are going to be the tough ones to sell at a profit and I don't think either of them will be sold... They're the day late and dollar short transfers this window and will in all likelihood probably end up on loan spells.

Gomes, in attempting to cut favour with the fans with that useless interview, screwed over the club completely in terms of his market value and I don't hear of anybody willing to spend 30+ Million on a fringe striker.

GOAT_SUAREZ

Gomes & Paco are going to be the tough ones to sell at a profit and I don't think either of them will be sold... They're the day late and dollar short transfers this window and will in all likelihood probably end up on loan spells.

Gomes, in attempting to cut favour with the fans with that useless interview, screwed over the club completely in terms of his market value and I don't hear of anybody willing to spend 30+ Million on a fringe striker.

both will be sold. the question only is at what price.

Trickykid

It was a mistake to bring him back, but I'm glad we got the money back - they are spend better elsewhere..

Well, hindsight is 20/20. His season at AC Milan in mind, I don't think it was a mistake to bring him back. I doubt anyone thought he would ever be a starter here, but perhaps he could've made his mark as a decent, cheap squad player with resale value. A gamble yes, but not a mistake in my eyes.

Nothanks

i dont think it was a big mistake to bring him back, i mean i prefer him to vidal on RW, and we made money off him, even if just a little

BarçaBarça

Well, hindsight is 20/20.
Actually, I saw this coming from a mile away :lol:
Here is some foresight in June/July last year in some of my posts before, and when we signed him:
Besides that he will hinder a move for a better player next year (Dembele or Dybala) he is also mediocre, and has a very very problematic attitude and weak mental strength.
He is cheap, yes, but so was Douglas.
Would be one of the most underwhelming signings out there. Why not keep and renew with Tello for 10 years instead? He can still be good and has Barca-DNA :facepalm:
This only makes sense if we sell him to another club. I really hope we'll do, but how much profit would we realistically make by doing that? Not a huge amount, I imagine..
If he is actually meant to have a role next season, then :facepalm:
I don't have concrete names of who I want. I'd much rather have a young player with promise than Deulofeu who have very much proved not to be good enough for us (He has the same overall rating as Tello ffs! With the difference that Tello has scored more goals, and I don't see people in line to praise Tello - he is after all 12 M€ cheaper).
Deulofeu is not good enough to decide games against second tier La Liga opponents. We need better players than him - I mean if he wasn't La Masia it is fairly obvious to see how his stats, performances and behaviour is very much mediocre. You mention Munir - he couldn't score against Villanovense, when we played with the subs, and I don't see how Deulofeu is better.

His season at AC Milan in mind, I don't think it was a mistake to bring him back. I doubt anyone thought he would ever be a starter here, but perhaps he could've made his mark as a decent, cheap squad player with resale value. A gamble yes, but not a mistake in my eyes.
It is just that, in the same windows we were pushed to buy Mahrez by him and his agent who were desperate to leave Leicester, and was willing to force a move (and therefore would be cheaper than what he was worth). And a few windows back we declined Nolito in topform from Celta for 18M€. Both players who in my opinion could have been lasting backups on the wings, because they simply are way better players.

His Milan-spell was getting way too much hype, and the La Masia-bias was real. Another player doing the same things would never be considered. In the end the resale-value was realized, but we really suffered in sporting terms when compared to alternatives to him (that were thrown in our face by their agents - not some obscure fantasy-players we should have been scouting).

Joan

Don't know if anyone's interested but Paco is a very solid player. Not a bad scorer. I could see him leading the line in some midtable club. As a sub, he's solid, yes, but doesn't bring us anything new. Not very useful in that regard. I'd rather have someone good in the air. :bbz:

I thought it was Mendes who made him do the interview but soon after he cut the ties with him. Can't see anyone paying decent money for him.

Porque

Bring him back. We should start a transfer policy where we bring Deulofeu back every other season after he impresses at another club, then sell him in the winter market after he flops.

Home of Barca Fans