Gerard Deulofeu

JamDav1982

You must not be watching him with Milan. He's far from the player you're thinking he is. I'd say he's no more selfish than Messi or Neymar when they themselves are hunting for a goal.

Folk said that about him at Everton as well and in the end nothing much changes in his all round game.

From what I have seen he is in a different league to selfishness to Messi and Neymar and would infuriate them no end if played with them.

May be wrong but dont see him being good enough on ability or the right personality to play at this Barca as a back up.

If Everton with two managers who base a lot of their ideas on Barca dont have a place for him struggle to see how Barca could.

9thMode

Banned
You must not be watching him with Milan. He's far from the player you're thinking he is. I'd say he's no more selfish than Messi or Neymar when they themselves are hunting for a goal.

Either ways he is not good enough and should not just stroll into the team because he is Catalan. . . . look what happened with Cesc.

God Serena

Folk said that about him at Everton as well and in the end nothing much changes in his all round game.

From what I have seen he is in a different league to selfishness to Messi and Neymar and would infuriate them no end if played with them.

May be wrong but dont see him being good enough on ability or the right personality to play at this Barca as a back up.

If Everton with two managers who base a lot of their ideas on Barca dont have a place for him struggle to see how Barca could.

We're not talking about a 24/25 year old player who a couple of years later is 26/27, we're talking about a teenager who is now 22 years old. It's easy to imagine him improving as he gets older. Martinez may have had no idea what to do with him but Koeman is nowhere near any ideas that resemble Barca in any way and his god awful performance as manager of Everton are why I and so many do not want to see him at Barca next season. Deu hasn't had any significant changes from late January to early February but being given a different role and playing time makes him to look like an entirely different player. If he keeps this up I see no reason why he wouldn't be able to return as a backup and I think your notion of him upsetting MSN are based on his style of play prior to this loan which I'm purposefully excluding by saying "If he keeps this up".

God Serena

Either ways he is not good enough and should not just stroll into the team because he is Catalan. . . . look what happened with Cesc.

He is better than any backup winger we currently have (We don't actually have any, just midfielders who can operate as wingers) and he'd be brought back because he's got a cheap buyback clause in his contract.

JamDav1982

We're not talking about a 24/25 year old player who a couple of years later is 26/27, we're talking about a teenager who is now 22 years old. It's easy to imagine him improving as he gets older. Martinez may have had no idea what to do with him but Koeman is nowhere near any ideas that resemble Barca in any way and his god awful performance as manager of Everton are why I and so many do not want to see him at Barca next season. Deu hasn't had any significant changes from late January to early February but being given a different role and playing time makes him to look like an entirely different player. If he keeps this up I see no reason why he wouldn't be able to return as a backup and I think your notion of him upsetting MSN are based on his style of play prior to this loan which I'm purposefully excluding by saying "If he keeps this up".

Koeman is doing well at Everton not been 'god awful' at all and the majority of his ideas are based on his time at Barca.

Before he can think of a return to Barca maybe he should try and break into his club side that are levels below.

Jenks

The only teams above Everton are Chelsea, Spurs, City, Liverpool, Arsenal and United. I don't think he's doing too badly.

Adversus

We've been much better recently and until Spurs we had the most points in the premiership this calendar year. We are also now playing (although we didn't against Spurs) a proper 4-3-3 - pressing high and possession football.

We have been playing a 19 year old kid on the left of the front three and Deulofeu would have fit there perfectly which makes it even more surprising he was loaned out but it looks to be working for him. I hope he comes back and plays for us next season although I can't see it. I think he will stay at Milan.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
So we still have the buy option.... I say bring him in. And Munir too

Dump Arda & Paco please. We will save tons of money and actually have decent backups for the front 3. Please!

Also sell Gomes, if possible, and with the money obtained (from all of the above dead weight) combined with the budget buy a world class RB, CM and Lemons

hulinat

He's playing just the same like he has been for the past 3 seasons. Only difference is that he's being played as a left winger where he played for Barca B and scored a bunch of goals.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
At this point in his career I don't think he wants to be a back up, and rightly so.

Don't know man. There's a pretty good chance that he will never have the chance to get back to Barca no. For example, the likes of Fabregas, Pique who were brought back were either considered superstars by his current age or they happened to get back by chance. I mean even the Snake, who's a year younger, has won more fans outside than he did!

So he might actually not exactly be against a potential move, to be the Pedro v2.0

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Pedro? Pedro was working for the team, Deu does not. Pedro could score goals, Deu barely does. Pedro plays with both legs and on both flanks, Deu does not.

Let Deu stay in Milan. He is looking decent for Milan and is having a sense of importance of playing for (what used to be) big club.

God Serena

Pedro? Pedro was working for the team, Deu does not. Pedro could score goals, Deu barely does. Pedro plays with both legs and on both flanks, Deu does not.

Let Deu stay in Milan. He is looking decent for Milan and is having a sense of importance of playing for (what used to be) big club.

Deu works very hard for his team. Certainly harder than every wing backup we have bar maybe Rafinha.

JamDav1982

Deu works very hard for his team. Certainly harder than every wing backup we have bar maybe Rafinha.

He wasnt tracking back that much at Everton and nowhere close to what the likes of Pedro does.

Would guess it is a big reason Koeman let him go and was one of the reasons Emery never played him so much at Sevilla.

Stretch to call him a very hard working player if anything is on opposite end of scale.

Home of Barca Fans