Gerard Deulofeu

AURELIUS

Deulofeu is one of those players that won't realize his potential until late in his career a bit like Payet.

On his showings this season I don't think this will be the case. Still is far too one dimensional and one footed. Rarely gets his head up to check where his teammates are and is too predictable. Good enough for a certain level and no more. His work rate is sometimes good often poor and he still thinks he is too big a player to get involved at times. Bits of a very good player are in there but they never seem to click together many times. On the rare times he seems to be more team focused he can prove a real thorn in opposition sides but his movement often is lacking. Selfish to a point where he can become a problem for your team as last night with Fulham. Hauled off at half time by Gracia and rightly so.

Adversus

On his showings this season I don't think this will be the case. Still is far too one dimensional and one footed. Rarely gets his head up to check where his teammates are and is too predictable. Good enough for a certain level and no more. His work rate is sometimes good often poor and he still thinks he is too big a player to get involved at times. Bits of a very good player are in there but they never seem to click together many times. On the rare times he seems to be more team focused he can prove a real thorn in opposition sides but his movement often is lacking. Selfish to a point where he can become a problem for your team as last night with Fulham. Hauled off at half time by Gracia and rightly so.

I didn't see that game but he played well the previous game against Utd which I did see. I don't think you can judge much from one game. In my view Deulofeu either plays with two much confidence or too little. When he gets the balance right he can be the best player on the pitch but it isn't often enough. I just think in time that will come and he will learn to neither get too down or too full of himself.

Home of Barca Fans