Gerard Deulofeu

Devils

Douglas level transfer.

Bought back solely on La Masia roots despite not even being an average player. Mind boggling stuff...there are hundreds of young players better than this guy and yet some genius in our sporting department thought it would be a good idea to bring him back.

Seriously, it isn't hard at all to buy a better player than Deulofeu, there is no shortage of options.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Remember in the summer before Ney left we were actually linked with Dembele but we considered him the alternative to Deulo due to the lower price.

Imagine a even grimmer scenario that after Neymar left we missed out on getting Dembele due to Dortmund not willing to sell or us completely shitting the bed in not coughing up the cash. We would have been stuck with Deulo for a full season someone who's nowhere near as good as Dembele/Neymar.

Hell just think of the 3 months Dembele out and imagine a full season of that with Deulofeu. :lol:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's Thursday so throwback to one of the cringiest covers Mundo Deportivo have ever made

getimage.aspx

xXKonan

Catalan media went into overdrive after that match. against a Chapecoense who had to completely rebuild after that tragic plane crash. I remember a number of people saying "Who needs Ney when you have Deulo!"

Jesus christ.

Raketa10

Honestly it's sad to watch him flop over and over again. He is the guy with good pace, he is fast and he can really change the rhythm of the game, unfortunately he obviously lacks football IQ.

In every club exactly the same story:

Sevilla - at first he was doing OK and than he disapeared. Emery said:“He has incredible qualities but lacks others. Put him out there, one on one and ... pfff, but make him play football with teammates, on a big pitch, and it’s hard. He doesn’t have the maturity or capacity for sacrifice yet." and that sentence sums up Deulofeu as a player!

Everton - The same story like in Sevilla. He was doing really really well in the beginning and than again he end up in stands.

Milan - I am afraid that the only reason he didn't fail there was the fact that he had only 6 months time to do it.

Barcelona - Neymar left, Dembele gets injured and he flops again in spite the fact that he had enough chances to prove his qualities. FFS Vidal is now in better position than he is and for 2 years Vidal was playing as a backup RB and not winger.

Deulofeu is almost 24 now, he could have been a really good player but unfortunately he'll never live up to his potential. He will probably go back to Italy and he will again have good few months and than problems will begin. It makes me sad to watch a player with such a big talent wasting it over and over again. :(

Last edited:

Messi983

It's Thursday so throwback to one of the cringiest covers Mundo Deportivo have ever made

:lol:

Sevilla - at first he was doing OK and than he disapeared. Emery said:“He has incredible qualities but lacks others. Put him out there, one on one and ... pfff, but make him play football with teammates, on a big pitch, and it’s hard. He doesn’t have the maturity or capacity for sacrifice yet." and that sentence sums up Deulofeu as a player! (

To be fair I think he is more mature and a better team player now than he was a few years ago and that's why he could still have a solid career in smaller clubs. But he just doesn't have football IQ to succeed at high level. I was prepared to give him a chance when he came back to see if and how much he improved as he never really had a fair chance in our first team before but I didn't have any expectations for him and was just hoping that maybe he could be useful in his backup role when given a chance. Because of Dembele's injury he was given more playing time than anyone could expect and while I can't blame his effort and think he's giving his best it's just not good enough. He is what he is, there is no "hidden potential" that will suddenly make him a good enough player for Barça or another top club.

Raketa10

The truth is he was trying, maybe even too much in some games but he always ends up in a wrong position or with a wrong pass. I don't think his transfer was a mistake, I am sure we can sell him for 12m. In that moment I would do the same, he was doing well in Milan, we needed a backup winger and the price was fair. Arda's transfer on the other hand was a much bigger mistake. He started declining during his last season with ATM, he has much bigger salary and we can't get rid of him now even if we pay someone to take him!

Last edited:

Jombi

The truth is he was trying, maybe even too much in some games but he always ends up in a wrong position or with a wrong pass. I don't think his transfer was a mistake, I am sure we can sell him for 12m. In that moment I would do the same, he was doing well in Milan, we needed a backup winger and the price was fair. Arda's transfer on the other hand was a much bigger mistake. He started declining during his last season with ATM, he has much bigger salary and we can't get rid of him now even if we pay someone to take him!

I agree. Deulofeu's transfer was reasonable unlike the disaster that is Turan. Deulofeu did so well in Milan it didnt make sense to not activate the clause. If he has a good season in some loan deal next season, we are likely to be able to get money for him.

Kuchi

With Dembele back..time to rot on the bench..and justifiably so...never saw a more frustrating player to watch..headless one dribble no vision chiken..

Za bench and out

Raketa10

With Dembele back..time to rot on the bench..and justifiably so...never saw a more frustrating player to watch..headless one dribble no vision chiken..

Za bench and out

No need to bench him. Sell him now and move on. Benching him will only reduce his price in summer.

God Serena

Za bench and out

He's been rotting on the bench since November, Dembele has nothing to do with that lol

Home of Barca Fans