Gerard Deulofeu

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He doesn't work hard for the team. Perhaps he's doing that now at Milan(small sample size), but he barely used to track back and was often too selfish. When you try to score from corners repeatedly then you have issues.

God Serena

He wasnt tracking back that much at Everton and nowhere close to what the likes of Pedro does.

Would guess it is a big reason Koeman let him go and was one of the reasons Emery never played him so much at Sevilla.

Stretch to call him a very hard working player if anything is on opposite end of scale.

Never mentioned Pedro anywhere and you can't argue present tense and then bring up managers he played for in the past. Watching him now at Milan it's absurd to say he "Doesn't work" and then start spouting nonsense about Unai Emery.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Pedro? Pedro was working for the team, Deu does not. Pedro could score goals, Deu barely does. Pedro plays with both legs and on both flanks, Deu does not.

Let Deu stay in Milan. He is looking decent for Milan and is having a sense of importance of playing for (what used to be) big club.

Yeah, I meant Pedro v2.0 referring to his times when he was an impact sub and was happy to get a start once in a while

Considering Pedro is 29 now and was not yet a starter for the team when he was Deulofeu's age or was just about to emerge as one.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Never mentioned Pedro anywhere and you can't argue present tense and then bring up managers he played for in the past. Watching him now at Milan it's absurd to say he "Doesn't work" and then start spouting nonsense about Unai Emery.

I think the 3/4 years he has had under numerous mangers is a better gauge than a handful of games for Milan.

You are the one spouting nonsense on him based on a tiny part of his career.

God Serena

I think the 3/4 years he has had under numerous mangers is a better gauge than a handful of games for Milan.

You are the one spouting nonsense on him based on a tiny part of his career.

Not nonsense at all to look at how he's been playing for the past several months and say he works for his team now. Sergi Roberto 3/4 years ago was a timid player who lacked in most areas needed to be a Barca player under numerous managers but look at him now. If someone were to say Roberto doesn't contribute to the game now it'd be ludicrous to bring up his time under Tata Martino or Lucho's first season and a half as a counter to that.

Deulofeu is working very hard for his team at Milan and the commentators often express disbelief at how often he's back helping his team defend and recover balls. Thus, the statement "Deu doesn't help his team" is false. Saying he didn't use to or he isn't guaranteed to is one thing, but saying he does not/will not do something he is very actively doing every week for months is factually untrue.

JamDav1982

Not nonsense at all to look at how he's been playing for the past several months and say he works for his team now. Sergi Roberto 3/4 years ago was a timid player who lacked in most areas needed to be a Barca player under numerous managers but look at him now. If someone were to say Roberto doesn't contribute to the game now it'd be ludicrous to bring up his time under Tata Martino or Lucho's first season and a half as a counter to that.

Deulofeu is working very hard for his team at Milan and the commentators often express disbelief at how often he's back helping his team defend and recover balls. Thus, the statement "Deu doesn't help his team" is false. Saying he didn't use to or he isn't guaranteed to is one thing, but saying he does not/will not do something he is very actively doing every week for months is factually untrue.

He has been playing for them for less than two months. So long way to go to prove previous managers wrong over a number of years.

Seems he is working a lot harder for Milan but also seem to recall he started better off in those areas for Everton and Sevilla and in end both complained about that side of his game.

Roberto is a terrible example and it took far more than a couple months to change peoples minds on him anyway.

God Serena

He has been playing for them for less than two months. So long way to go to prove previous managers wrong over a number of years.

Seems he is working a lot harder for Milan but also seem to recall he started better off in those areas for Everton and Sevilla and in end both complained about that side of his game.

Roberto is a terrible example and it took far more than a couple months to change peoples minds on him anyway.

It's not about proving previous managers wrong, it's about improving himself moving forward, which is what he seems to be doing. I don't recall him ever making this kind of effort at Sevilla and I remember plenty of complaints from Emery about him not passing or having a good final end product, his entire stint at Sevilla overall was a disaster although Emery himself could be a large part of the blame as even Dennis begged to get out of Sevilla and when he did immediately earned his spot back at Barca by performing well for Villareal. The drop in defensive work at Everton seemed to coincide with him being dropped for poor performances at the other end of the pitch.

JamDav1982

It's not about proving previous managers wrong, it's about improving himself moving forward, which is what he seems to be doing. I don't recall him ever making this kind of effort at Sevilla and I remember plenty of complaints from Emery about him not passing or having a good final end product, his entire stint at Sevilla overall was a disaster although Emery himself could be a large part of the blame as even Dennis begged to get out of Sevilla and when he did immediately earned his spot back at Barca by performing well for Villareal. The drop in defensive work at Everton seemed to coincide with him being dropped for poor performances at the other end of the pitch.

To improve he has to prove those managers wrong whether that is his aim or not. I doubt he cares what they think really.

Tracking back etc has been a big criticism of him and great for him if he is turning that around but there is a long way to go on that not just less than two months at AC Milan.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Did well with pretty much all his actions and basically secured the victory. He looks like he's grown, I'll start watching him for Milan. Spain need dynamic attackers if they are to truly be a World Cup contender and if Deulofeu can regularly deliver then he might be a crucial source of pace/dribbling for them.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
His decision making has improved tenfold since joining Milan, playing in a tactical league like Serie A really benefits you I guess.

Home of Barca Fans