Gerard Deulofeu

Adversus

Most Everton fans have been saying those results haven't been reflective of how they've played, but at this point it's a clear problem.

This stat doesn't tell the full story either. He's been at the core of at least 3 own goals (off the top of my head).

Also, for perspective. They had a stat the other day that he had (I think) 13 crosses against Swansea but connected with none. That stat is incredibly misleading, as it's not a fair reflection of the quality of those crosses, anyone who watched that game would tell you how good they are.

Most Everton fans have had enough of Martinez. Myself included. He just can't seem to stop teams scoring at will against us. What do people think of Frank De Boer?

That Deulofeu article says that at some point he wants to move into the center. Personally that's always been where I think he will shine. He probably needs to get a bit stronger and improve his stamina but I think he could be world class in that position. His crossing is a huge asset but he can play them from almost anywhere as Kerrybai said a bit like Beckham so playing in the middle being able to drift wherever he wants that shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:

God Serena

I never imagined Deulofeu playing centrally before. It seems contrary to his typical style of play. He's the opposite of Munir/Sandro in that he hates being central with the ball, hence his tendency to panic and fluff his shot or go for a dive in the box instead of going for goal. I personally think he'd perform best as a pure left winger.

Adversus

He's played in the center for his youth teams.

Apparently also at Barca B and that's were the Barca coaches thought he would end up. He does need to get better at finishing but he has scored some lovely outside goals as well. A bit like Sterling he just needs the consistency but that will come with maturity.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Never really saw him play as a #9 for the B team, when Alberto was there he was the 9 and it's when Deulofeu had his best stats. Wingers for Barcelona are supposed to be able to not only switch flanks but come in to play through the middle. He will never be a #9 though, I could see him as a #10 possibly

JamDav1982

He could probably work in the center but I think Left Winger would be best for him.

Right wing is best for him I think. To play the way he is for Everton and be asked to knock it past his man and deliver the ball early from wide.

Dont think he plays enough of a team game in terms of build up to be cutting in on his right to more congested area.

Still cant see him ever suiting Barcas style.

Right wing is best for him I think. To play the way he is for Everton and be asked to knock it past his man and deliver the ball early from wide.

Dont think he plays enough of a team game in terms of build up to be cutting in on his right to more congested area.

As of now RW is his best but I think he'll be a LW in his prime. Don't know if he'll ever play for Barca again (Neymar is too young) but I think he can definitely reach the level of playing for another top club at LW or RW.

God Serena

It's hard for me to see him staying with that style forever. He likes to dribble, and he likes to score goals. He's more likely going to end up being that when he's not the new kid on the block that just wants to contribute enough to play. His teamplay will probably be pretty poor but that doesn't stop other self-focused players from being adored if they're good at it. He's unlikely to suit Barca's style but he's probably going to play in England for his whole career anyways, unless Lucho somehow leaves and we get a coach in who could see him as an asset.

khaled_a_d

I think it is his best for Everton .
But watching him in Barca B and even b4 he was a typical scoring wing who is more suited to LW position .
Can see him playing at that position a lot

Adversus

That part of his game has really come on this season.

J

Jamie Cal

Most Everton fans have had enough of Martinez. Myself included. He just can't seem to stop teams scoring at will against us. What do people think of Frank De Boer?

That Deulofeu article says that at some point he wants to move into the center. Personally that's always been where I think he will shine. He probably needs to get a bit stronger and improve his stamina but I think he could be world class in that position. His crossing is a huge asset but he can play them from almost anywhere as Kerrybai said a bit like Beckham so playing in the middle being able to drift wherever he wants that shouldn't be an issue.

Couldn't blame you lot. At this stage it's a farce. It's an absolutely huge chance to break top 4 this year and you're nowhere near it in the league. Lukaku/Stones/McCarthy/Barkley will all be looking elsewhere if it doesn't pick up.

And agreed on the second part. I think it was you who said he's not physically there to do it week in week out yet, it had shown over the last month or so with the huge amount of games. But that game against Swansea he really stepped up. I watched it and even aside from the 2nd half crosses, I thought his all-round play looked excellent, a lot more involving. That long slide ball to Lukaku was fantastic, it's a really surprising aspect of his game.

It'd probably of been square pegs and round holes, but you'd wonder if we (Barca) kept him how coaching and the team would of have moulded him. Also for the price of the buy-back and the need of another forward if he's worth a punt come summer, given he's rated so highly now if it didn't work out Barca could at least double what was paid for him. That said, he'd be wasted here next season, before you even factor in performance.

Last edited:

Adversus

Couldn't blame you lot. At this stage it's a farce. It's an absolutely huge chance to break top 4 this year and you're nowhere near it in the league. Lukaku/Stones/McCarthy/Barkley will all be looking elsewhere if it doesn't pick up.

And agreed on the second part. I think it was you who said he's not physically there to do it week in week out yet, it had shown over the last month or so with the huge amount of games. But that game against Swansea he really stepped up. I watched it and even aside from the 2nd half crosses, I thought his all-round play looked excellent, a lot more involving. That long slide ball to Lukaku was fantastic, it's a really surprising aspect of his game.

It'd probably of been square pegs and round holes, but you'd wonder if we (Barca) kept him how coaching and the team would of have moulded him. Also for the price of the buy-back and the need of another forward if he's worth a punt come summer, given he's rated so highly now if it didn't work out Barca could at least double what was paid for him. That said, he'd be wasted here next season, before you even factor in performance.

If you are a Barca fan you will want him to stay another year. He would just about make your bench which means he wouldn't develop which ultimately would result in you selling him. For the little impact he would have on your season it wouldn't be worth it.

As an Everton fan I hope he doesn't go back. Barca are the best club in the world and I still don't think he's close to that level so I think it's probably most likely he will stay with us long term especially since he looks the kind of player that won't be able to be consistent probably for another few years.

God Serena

If you are a Barca fan you will want him to stay another year. He would just about make your bench which means he wouldn't develop which ultimately would result in you selling him. For the little impact he would have on your season it wouldn't be worth it.

I'm a fan of the club, not any of the players. If a player can be brought in to help the team, even if it's primarily as a bench player, I'd welcome it with open arms, development be damned. I see the same comments made about Denis Suarez and it boggles the mind.

That being said, we don't need or even use traditional wingers like Deu so there'd be little point in bringing him back this summer, and probably as long as Lucho is coach.

Home of Barca Fans