Gerard Deulofeu

jairzinho

This guy was so hyped and he's turned into a mediocre player at best.

Such a shame he hasn't lived up to the hype. Had an opportunity to step up with OD out but seems like Valverde doesn't have the faith in him. Width and wing play is extremely crucial to our system in order to open up the pitch and give Messi space to work with in the center. Against really good teams that narrowness could hurt as as all they have to do is shut down or clog up the middle of the pitch. That's why OD being out is such a big blow. Hopefully he comes back in time for the knockout rounds in February. We should at least be able to churn out results in La liga.

Richard.H

He played well today. Looked very lively when he came on. Tracks back a lot into center of the pitch to help with defense.

Total-Football

that s because he has not started.. he can prove useful coming from the bench in a lively way like he did today especially that he would normaly charge at defenders whose legs are half cooked. i dont mind seeing him as a substitute just not as a starter.

Last edited:

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
For this match I liked deulofeu as a super sub, as soon as he gets the right touch/timing on the passes when he cuts in the penalty box he can become more effective!

serghei

He should play more. Really brought intensity in our game when he came in. Nobody can take away his speed, his intensity and his penetration power in 1 vs 1, these are attributes he has in his pocket. And all three are important in these kind of intense games.

Neeraj

One of the things he needed to improve on was decision making once he manages to hit the edge of the box, and I think he seems like he is slowly improving, judging by this game. Long way to go, but brought a lot of energy after coming in and the team immediately looked more dangerous. Definitely a player who's going to be more useful being subbed in than starting.

draconifire

Only player in our squad that can do things that we direly need a player to do, but is still the coach doesn't show faith in him. Don't know why.

JamDav1982

I have been massively critical on him but he helped change game yesterday. The right hand side was dead until he and Roberto came on.

Home of Barca Fans