Gerard Deulofeu

Messi983

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Napoli have essentially ruled out signing Deulofeu. The Italian club believes Simone Verdi is a better option.<br><br>Deulofeu also wanted €2.5m a season, something Napoli thought would create tension between the players. [sport] <a href="https://t.co/0mw4WYRuRE">pic.twitter.com/0mw4WYRuRE</a></p>— BarcaSpiral (@BarcaSpiral) <a href="https://twitter.com/BarcaSpiral/status/951745958781403136?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">12. Januar 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-3P9YikQ3E

As expected. :lol:

But it's Sport so I guess there is still a hope. ;)

Joan

Not really, journalists in Italy have been reporting it for some time now.

Verdi has played a very good half-season scoring 6 and providing 5 assists in the league. Never understood what Napoli was thinking.

Messi983

I thought that Deu was just a smokescreen for Verdi but after there were reports a few days ago that transfer is close I got my hopes up we could actually sell him (though I didn't believe we'll really get 18M but I'd be ok if we'd sell him for around 8-10). Now I think we are back to loan with buy option, maybe to Inter.

khaled_a_d

I thought that Deu was just a smokescreen for Verdi but after there were reports a few days ago that transfer is close I got my hopes up we could actually sell him (though I didn't believe we'll really get 18M but I'd be ok if we'd sell him for around 8-10). Now I think we are back to loan with buy option, maybe to Inter.

Even from start it was reported he is plan B,things was agreed so if the deal with Verdi went south they will get deal done for him

George_Costanza

Never had the level to be a first team player at Barcelona and not sure he'll ever have it.

He's a technically gifted player but his décision-making hasn't progressed in more than 4/5years. Only his "defending" did.

How long did he play for Barcelona to make such a judgment? Deulofeu like any other players needs a season and good minutes to adapt. I would like him to say for a season or two.

FCBfan22

People like you are really annoying! The kid barely got a chance and you already think he is brainless, how much time do you spend judging people you barely know?

Yeah? He played the whole pre-season and almost every match until the middle of November. He started good, but then he started to get worse, as his ego grew. Exactly the opposite way, that he was supposed to progress, while appearing in most of the games we played. In October came the spritnts with the ball out of the bounds, losing the ball numerous times and because defenses knew his only trick.

Joan

The kid barely got a chance and you already think he is brainless, how much time do you spend judging people you barely know?

It doesn't take much time to see it, he's clueless, no vision, no footballing IQ, same moves every time, very predictable...
Also, he's had his chances, played 796 minutes (laliga, cdr, cl), we've seen enough.

George_Costanza

Yeah? He played the whole pre-season and almost every match until the middle of November. He started good, but then he started to get worse, as his ego grew. Exactly the opposite way, that he was supposed to progress, while appearing in most of the games we played. In October came the spritnts with the ball out of the bounds, losing the ball numerous times and because defenses knew his only trick.

We probably saw a different player, I thought he was above average whenever he played, nothing spectacular as he played only 494 minutes but was good enough for the minutes he played and could improve. His defensive contribution is actually decent, and comparing him with forward players or AMs:

Interceptions per game: 0.9 (better than Messi, Suarez, D. Suarez, and on par with Raki)
Tackles per game: 0.9 (better than Messi, Suarez, D.Suarez and just below Raki)

I think many members here just repeat what other people are saying without forming their own thought or opinion.

FCBfan22

Interceptions per game: 0.9 (better than Messi, Suarez, D. Suarez, and on par with Raki)
Tackles per game: 0.9 (better than Messi, Suarez, D.Suarez and just below Raki)

Better than Messi and Suarez? Don't you think that is because Messi and Suarez don't play defence? Rakitić was shit during that time. Denis Suarez is just a bad defensive player.

Also you only stated his defensive stats... How many attacks has he fucked up in that time?

George_Costanza

Better than Messi and Suarez? Don't you think that is because Messi and Suarez don't play defence? Rakitić was shit during that time. Denis Suarez is just a bad defensive player.

Also you only stated his defensive stats... How many attacks has he fucked up in that time?

Did I say he is better than Messi and Suarez? Nice one! Let me play your game, So Messi and Suarez don't have defensive duties while Deulofeu has? What position does he play? Wasn't he played R/L Wing in 4-3-3? So he is next to Messi and Suarez, isn't it? Ok, I brought Rakitic because he has more defensive duties than Messi, Suarez, and Deulofeu, and guess what Duelofeu who is playing forward/wing matched with a player with defensive duties. I brought his defensive stats because this what you said his weak point to support your own argument, or did you already forget your original post? So whatever you said was bullshit!

FCBfan22

So Messi and Suarez don't have defensive duties while Deulofeu has?

Exactly.
We are/were playing 4-3-3/4-4-2 hybrid if you haven't seen that yet (since Valverde discarded Deulofeu, we are relying more on 4-4-2 flat or 4-4-2 diamond). One of the attackers has a strict job to drop into the RM or LM when defending. Dembele was doing that and Deulofeu was doing that.

Deulofeu, he might be good defensively, but attacking-wise, he is clueless, so it doesn't matter if he puts in 5 successful tackles per game, because he is fucking up almost everyting in the final third and he is an attacker).

Home of Barca Fans