Gerard Deulofeu

dalitis8

Banned
Because of Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Cesc, Puyol, Pique, Busquets, Pedro, Valdes, Thiago and their success, people seem to believe that is only a matter of time before more players of this caliber miraculously spring out from La Masia.

No matter how good our academies may be, no matter how wise our trainers are, the chances of producing talent of the quality listed above for our next generation is close to zero. I believe that the quality of the "Pep team" will probably never be replicated in world football (at least for a few decades)

So, this naive expectation on the part of many Cules, that our academy will persist on churning world-class talent on a yearly basis is a fantasy that should be abandoned.

winda

Because of Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Cesc, Puyol, Pique, Busquets, Pedro, Valdes, Thiago and their success, people seem to believe that is only a matter of time before more players of this caliber miraculously spring out from La Masia.

No matter how good our academies may be, no matter how wise our trainers are, the chances of producing talent of the quality listed above for our next generation is close to zero. I believe that the quality of the "Pep team" will probably never be replicated in world football (at least for a few decades)

So, this naive expectation on the part of many Cules, that our academy will persist on churning world-class talent on a yearly basis is a fantasy that should be abandoned.

this should be copied and printed and give to all cules to be read over and over again.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
good stuff, dalitis...I'd just like it if some of these youth players weren't annointed so fast or compared to certain world class players too early...Deulofeu is nearly Bojan-esque in his hype and looks equally poised to be a pretender...I'd prefer it if they show the same ethos as a Pedro and not need to be world class, just a hard working system player

Because it's true, there's no one on a Leo level in the cantera atm...There might be a Xavi or Iniesta in there though...Definitely few forwards of uber potential...Tello could be interesting though

dalitis8

Banned
Yeah, my point being that we should be extremely conservative when it comes to our youth players. The odds are stacked against them. If a couple of them manage to break into the first squad in the next 5 years or so, then that would be excellent, but just don't hold your breath for more Xavis and Iniestas.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
All I'm doing is trying to lower the expectations on the kid. I'm not one of the ones who said "next Messi" ;)
He might possibly become a new Pedro one day, but it'd be difficult. There's a whole lot left to improve, and he's got to fight for it

Wouterinho

Cuenca is still a few years older than Deulofeu. I'm not saying Deulofeu is the next Messi, but I think he's got a lot of potential, possibly one day first 11 of Barcelona. However he still has a long way to travel before he gets there and it van still go either way.

Yugi

tumblr_lwraf6amwd1qb4i3eo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lwratszJST1qb4i3eo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lwral4ia901qb4i3eo1_500.jpg

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Eusebio calling out the player in the press to show more humility & to work on all aspects of his game

Home of Barca Fans